Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 295416 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #6706 on: July 08, 2022, 10:25:48 AM »

heh

gm is an idiot i guess

Chaim Bloom has made some bonehead deals, IMO, as well as some good ones.

The two outfielder trades do not look good, IMHO.

Bloom's not the GM

But you are right about the trades.

SIGNINGS and "let gos" also not looking too good.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6707 on: July 08, 2022, 11:07:36 AM »

heh

gm is an idiot i guess

Chaim Bloom has made some bonehead deals, IMO, as well as some good ones.

The two outfielder trades do not look good, IMHO.

Bloom's not the GM

But you are right about the trades.

SIGNINGS and "let gos" also not looking too good.

O'Halloran doesn't use the potty without Bloom's okay.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6708 on: July 08, 2022, 03:21:22 PM »

But deals are generated, deals that Bloom would know nothing of - thus OHalloran is responsible, if not giving final stamp.

I have no doubt Betts deal was Bloom-led once the conversation got started.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6709 on: July 08, 2022, 04:09:48 PM »

But deals are generated, deals that Bloom would know nothing of - thus OHalloran is responsible, if not giving final stamp.

I have no doubt Betts deal was Bloom-led once the conversation got started.

I don't know that there was a better way to go wrt Betts.

I think the Renfroe trade was unwise, for all that his current injury makes it look better.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6710 on: July 08, 2022, 04:20:47 PM »

Yes.  I recall you not wanting JBJ back.

Question I guess is what does BLOOM (as you feel he is doing the real work) do now - at 45-37 and off a divisional series run?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6711 on: July 08, 2022, 04:42:14 PM »

Yes.  I recall you not wanting JBJ back.

Question I guess is what does BLOOM (as you feel he is doing the real work) do now - at 45-37 and off a divisional series run?

Bloom is not responsible for the number of injured personnel, especially what amounts to a complete starting rotation and a few relievers.

The youngsters who have been pitching of late are his best attempts to keep the show moving while awaiting returns from the IL. I don't really want us trading for more 4.50+ era relievers.

If we get 2019esque Chris Sale back, along with Eovaldi and Whitlock, I don't know that major actions need be done. And without that, I don't think any deals that can be done rationally will make sufficient difference for a deep dive into the playoffs.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6712 on: July 08, 2022, 06:12:17 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/08/sport/jurickson-profar-san-diego-padres-collapse-spt-intl/index.html

IF the SS wasn't positioned by some analytics asshole in the GM's box, he isn't in the position to run towards LF the way he did.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6714 on: July 08, 2022, 06:39:41 PM »

Kyle Schwarber entered the weekend leading the National League in home runs thanks to a run of nine bombs in the last 14 games.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6715 on: July 08, 2022, 06:58:21 PM »

Kyle Schwarber entered the weekend leading the National League in home runs thanks to a run of nine bombs in the last 14 games.

When he's hot he's on fire.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6716 on: July 08, 2022, 08:24:05 PM »

Tonight's rookie starter gave up 7 runs in 2.2 innings before leaving with a sore paw. The Red Sox had nobody warming up for no particular reason other than lack of pitchers.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6717 on: July 08, 2022, 10:28:38 PM »

When he's hot he's on fire.

Well done OHalloran (and Bloom, I guess)

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6718 on: July 09, 2022, 05:38:34 PM »

Phils have 27 innings without allowing a Cardinals run, as they won 4-0 last Sunday, 2-0, yesterday, and 1-0 today. Wheeler pitched those first 2 games, but today it was Kyle Gibson who pitched 7 SO innings.

Alec is the Bohm, as he homered twice last night, and got the the sac fly RBI today, accounting for all the runs in this series, so far.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6719 on: July 09, 2022, 06:39:54 PM »

Phils have 27 innings without allowing a Cardinals run, as they won 4-0 last Sunday, 2-0, yesterday, and 1-0 today. Wheeler pitched those first 2 games, but today it was Kyle Gibson who pitched 7 SO innings.

Alec is the Bohm, as he homered twice last night, and got the the sac fly RBI today, accounting for all the runs in this series, so far.

The shut out streak is mighty impressive!

Alec's feat is useful, if not quite as awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 469