Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 264672 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4605 on: September 12, 2022, 09:48:25 PM »

Nebraska is where college coaches go to die.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: September 12, 2022, 09:50:36 PM »

Smaller college coaches, or pro, or college assistants, may go there if the money is good enough. But they gotta know they are doomed.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: September 13, 2022, 12:21:34 PM »

One more week before important Conference play starts in earnest.*

EVENTUAL 2022 2023 NATIONAL CHAMPION MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY 27, WASHINGTON 20

They damn well better win. One of my staff is a UW grad and I do not want to have to skip work for two weeks to avoid the gloating. Anyway, we need to run more. I know that is not the direction CFB is going, but we run and run block pretty well. On the other hand, Eventual 2022 Heisman Trophy Winner Peyton Thorne has just seemed a little off this year, missing throws he should make and his arm strength seems to have diminished. Better to rely on Berger and Brousard, our Bed and Breakfast Bread and Butter.  Washington seems to have put last years offensive issues aside, and they have been pretty effective through the air, which is troubling for us still. Pennix gave us problems when he was at IU, as dual threat QBs do. Still, I think we can control the ball offensively enough to take this game.

The 49, Toledo 17

Given where Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie is right now, it seems I may have overestimated the rebound of the The defense. The handled their Arkansas State with ease, but before they lost Ark did drive the ball on The on occasion. But The has a monster running back combination to deal with, and Stroud has shown good chemistry with Harrison in the absence of Smith Njoku. So offensively, they should light up the I think Mud Hens? No, light up the Rockets. How did I miss that lame ass joke? Toledo has shown good offense against two terrible teams, so they should get a couple of scores and hang for a bit, until the depth, running strength and across the board better athleticism of The wins out.

Tennessee 49, Akron 0

We beat them 52 to 0. That is sort of the benchmark. The Akron dual threat QB that gave us some trouble got hurt, and given the whole half time trip to the hospital thing I assume he is not playing. Tennessee does not have much of a defense but then again, Akron has no offense.

Methchicken 59, Connecticut 3

There is a chance, just a chance, that Meatchicken will survive their brutal OOC schedule unscathed. Harbaugh has decided on his QB at last. I am not sure if Yukon is as bad as it has been in recent years, but I am pretty sure it is not good.

Oklahoma 42, Nebraska 7

Oh the days when this mattered, and was always great. I miss watching college football with my father. This one was always a highlight of the last week of the year, I associate it with the fire in the fireplace, hot dogs for dinner, a Saturday glued to the TV. I miss it. We should go back to those days. Now, get off my lawn!

Georgia 31, South Carogoddamnlina 3

Did I underestimate Georgia? Maybe, but though they eventually crushed Oregon, for a while Oregon moved the ball, only to have Bo Nix Bonix, and you cannot read anything into a game against Samford. Still, they are putting out a monster defense, and Stetson Bennett IV, Esq. is playing like he does not know he should not win the Heisman. The Cocks suck themselves, so I expect UGA to win big.

Auburn 28, the Pennsylvania State University 24

Last years game was pretty good. Nice to see these games between the Power 2 Conferences. I would like to see them later in the year as well, in the north. Anyway, the PSU has been better than I thought on offense, although the not the Ohio is nothing to boast about, and Singleton looks like he has some chops. Auburn did struggle against the San Jose State, but I think they can use the home field to their advantage.

Oregon 24, Brigham Young 21

Well, eventually there will be a Good Bo Nix game. He was always better at home then on the road when he was at Auburn, so why not a Good Bo Nix game here? And I am prepared to post the answer to this question next week as quote BECAUSE HE IS BO FUCKING NIX end quote.

University of California** 42, the Fresno State 32

What is going to happen when SC plays a team that does not turn the ball over on a routine basis? The offense is impressive, Caleb Williams is a stud, the receivers look great. But the defense is, well, not. Fresno State is not a pushover, and I doubt they will gift SC the ball like Stanford and Rice did. So while I expect scoring to keep happening for SC, I expect the games to start being closer for them.

Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie 17, University of California 13***

OLotPT is going to miss their starting QB for the rest of the year. This would be the definition of addition by subtraction. Or will the team Pyne for Buchner by the end of Saturday? I think Buchner got the job because of the dual threat thing, but it looked to me like Marshall did not give a shit about the pass, with OLotPT also missing its best receiver. So if Pyne can chuck it, that might help open things up for a running game that has been nowhere. Anyway, Cal has been merely OK against UC David, whoever that is, and was barely adequate against UNLV, despite their having Jack the Snack Plummer at QB, so I expect a low scoring game.

Texas A and M 27, the Miami with Palm Trees 21

Pissed. I think that will be the word for TAMU this week. I doubt practices were much fun. Miami has played a SWAAC team, and a team that lost to Liberty, so this is their first real test. Despite the literal dog turd TAMU laid down Saturday, they are still a very talented team. I am interested to see how they rebound.

ClemSIN 35, Louisiana Tech 3

Ukelele is still concerning, and the running game is not what it needs to be. It will be interesting to see the Woke game in two weeks. But LaTech was the second worst time in CUSA last year, and I have seen nothing to indicate they are substantially better this year. There may be a day of reckoning for SWINEys boys but that is not this day.

Maryland 31, Southern Methodist 28

Maryland better be ready. SMU hung tough with a couple of the AACs better teams last year, so they are a real threat to a mediocre Maryland. Would not be surprised to see another P5 loss here.

Syracuse 35, Purdue 31

You know who I gave no thought to as a threat in the South Atlantic League this year? Syracuse. My bad. They have had an efficient passing game, and an effective running game in winning their first two games. I think Purducken is better than either the Ville or Yukon this year, though. I like them, they gave the PSU a run for her money. Game is in the, well, it is no longer the Carrier Dome, is it. I will take the home field advantage.

* I have a Wilde sense of humor.

** Southern

Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: September 13, 2022, 01:39:28 PM »

According to Saban, Alabama "did" have a receiver, Jase McClellan, in the vicinity on the "safety" call. "If" he's right, then the incomplete pass call is correct.

Here, "maybe" is a photo that proves him right. It shows a partial view of an Alabama player behind a Texas player No. 13. I don't know who it is, and really it doesn't matter. any Bama player would do. The real referee video replay should have been for intentional grounding. Too bad there is no replay allowed for that unless it's called. It wasn't. Then the play would have been put to bed like it should have. But looking at the photo and to extrapolating from the video of Young's throw it was heading in that Bama player's direction. Thoughts?

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AA11GuC2.img?w=768&h=432&m=6

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/reggie-bush-on-uncalled-safety-for-intentional-grounding-maybe-the-worst-call-ive-ever-seen/ar-AA11G7CT?fullscreen=true&cvid=7c04393525e24adda4dc61f0b32c272b#image=1

Now I wish I had an overhead video. LOL

« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 01:44:04 PM by CaptainCargo »

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: September 13, 2022, 02:36:57 PM »

Georgia 31, South Carogoddamnlina 3

Did I underestimate Georgia? Maybe, but though they eventually crushed Oregon, for a while Oregon moved the ball, only to have Bo Nix Bonix, and you cannot read anything into a game against Samford. Still, they are putting out a monster defense, and Stetson Bennett IV, Esq. is playing like he does not know he should not win the Heisman. The Cocks suck themselves, so I expect UGA to win big.

I always wonder about how many points the underdog scores after the outcome is no longer in doubt. But the Dawg second team is also so loaded with talent just itching to get some contact. Smart IMO is the best defensive minded coach in the college game today. After he left Alabama the Tide defenses were still good. But IMO not as dominant as when Smart was there. Schumann and Muschamp make a formidable defensive coaching combo in their own right. After watching them dismantle Oregon I think Georgia has the nation's best defense. Their offense however is still shaky at QB due to their potential problem with injury. Neither one of their top 2 QBs is 100 percent heathy maybe not even 80 percent healthy. So, it might not end up looking as lopsided as it really was final score-wise. But I look for the Dawg defense to be responsible for at least a couple of scores in this game. If not outright, then at least setting to offense up. 

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: September 13, 2022, 03:17:34 PM »

According to Saban, Alabama "did" have a receiver, Jase McClellan, in the vicinity on the "safety" call. "If" he's right, then the incomplete pass call is correct.

Here, "maybe" is a photo that proves him right. It shows a partial view of an Alabama player behind a Texas player No. 13. I don't know who it is, and really it doesn't matter. any Bama player would do. The real referee video replay should have been for intentional grounding. Too bad there is no replay allowed for that unless it's called. It wasn't. Then the play would have been put to bed like it should have. But looking at the photo and to extrapolating from the video of Young's throw it was heading in that Bama player's direction. Thoughts?

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AA11GuC2.img?w=768&h=432&m=6

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/reggie-bush-on-uncalled-safety-for-intentional-grounding-maybe-the-worst-call-ive-ever-seen/ar-AA11G7CT?fullscreen=true&cvid=7c04393525e24adda4dc61f0b32c272b#image=1

I don't think that guy was in the vicinity of where the ball was aimed. If aimed is the word I am after. But reasonable minds may differ. As may you.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: September 13, 2022, 06:10:08 PM »

Like I said, my Kingdom for some overhead film of that play.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: September 13, 2022, 08:52:41 PM »

Here, "maybe" is a photo that proves him right. It shows a partial view of an Alabama player behind a Texas player No. 13. I don't know who it is, and really it doesn't matter. any Bama player would do.

Well, no.Intentional grounding can only be judged when the ball lands , not when it is thrown. And in this case it was batted down so it was, as ruled, a simple incomplete pass.
[Saban] Bryce was not down when he threw the ball. One of their players actually touched the ball. So that made it incomplete.

End of story.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 08:55:08 PM by Espnthree »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: September 13, 2022, 09:00:41 PM »

I don't think that guy was in the vicinity of where the ball was aimed. If aimed is the word I am after. But reasonable minds may differ. As may you.
An official cannot guess who an intended receiver  could be until the ball lands.
And if a defender deflects it there can be no penalty for grounding.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: September 13, 2022, 09:14:35 PM »

An official cannot guess who an intended receiver  could be until the ball lands.

Actually, it hit the Georgia guy right square in the front of his helmet. But as much as it makes my gorge rise, essentially, you're right.

Egads, that's going to leave a bad taste for months.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: September 13, 2022, 09:35:43 PM »

Actually, it hit the Georgia guy right square in the front of his helmet. But as much as it makes my gorge rise, essentially, you're right.

If it hit a Georgia player we are in the wrong game.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: September 13, 2022, 09:38:53 PM »

If it hit a Georgia player we are in the wrong game.

Jesus, it's catching you've been right twice. What evil have I unleashed here?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: September 14, 2022, 06:25:31 AM »

Just like a stopped clock.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: September 15, 2022, 07:58:30 PM »

EVENTUAL 2022 2023 NATIONAL CHAMPION MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY 27, WASHINGTON 20

They damn well better win. One of my staff is a UW grad and I do not want to have to skip work for two weeks to avoid the gloating. Anyway, we need to run more. I know that is not the direction CFB is going, but we run and run block pretty well. On the other hand, Eventual 2022 Heisman Trophy Winner Peyton Thorne has just seemed a little off this year, missing throws he should make and his arm strength seems to have diminished. Better to rely on Berger and Brousard, our Bed and Breakfast Bread and Butter.  Washington seems to have put last years offensive issues aside, and they have been pretty effective through the air, which is troubling for us still. Pennix gave us problems when he was at IU, as dual threat QBs do. Still, I think we can control the ball offensively enough to take this game.

This should be a very good game to watch. I'm predicting a Washington win, but with lots of drama right up until the end. Buuuut, if Tucker is smart enough to use all of that nice linebacking talent he has Pennix just might not know what hit him. The Spartan secondary has got some seasoning so let em hold their own Mel.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: September 15, 2022, 08:05:14 PM »

University of California** 42, the Fresno State 32

What is going to happen when SC plays a team that does not turn the ball over on a routine basis? The offense is impressive, Caleb Williams is a stud, the receivers look great. But the defense is, well, not. Fresno State is not a pushover, and I doubt they will gift SC the ball like Stanford and Rice did. So while I expect scoring to keep happening for SC, I expect the games to start being closer for them.

I think Fresno State is going to get Fresnoed.
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 329