Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What will be the outcome of Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

Russia will gain eastern Ukraine territories and hold them, as it has Crimea
- 5 (45.5%)
Russia will temporarily gain eastern Ukraine territories before being forced out of them
- 2 (18.2%)
Efforts to confront the Russian forces and get them out of Ukraine will lead to Putin's escalating and attacking NATO countries directly with missiles or other destructive measures
- 0 (0%)
The NATO/World response will be so mild that Putin will go ahead and take the rest of Ukraine
- 3 (27.3%)
Today Ukraine, tomorrow Moldova and who knows where else
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 01, 2022, 01:18:43 PM

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 145

Author Topic: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine  (Read 44146 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #750 on: April 05, 2022, 11:33:15 PM »

They are already there, Josh

http://www.thebulwark.com/whos-soft-on-russia-meet-the-republican-anti-ukraine-caucus/

The fifth column will control the republican party if it is given any power.

A kick to the balls of the GOP brings tears to the eye of Putin and the Russian bear.

Vote Democrat, Liberty, and the cool hand of Law and Justice.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 05, 2022, 11:51:07 PM »

Enter electric pickup trucks.
High towing capacity, high performance.
Problem solved.
Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 06, 2022, 01:16:22 AM »

Adam Kinzinger agrees with Fac.

"The world order is being challenged for the first time since World War II and they're sitting around thinking today about how we can win our next election, what the newest outrage is, what's the next thing we can do to get people angry and upset and get their money from them for our reelection," he says in the video.

He called his party members children.

He referenced McCarthy and Tucker C by name, but he was sweeping far more broadly than that.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 06, 2022, 01:21:25 AM »

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Holly Martins

« Reply #754 on: April 06, 2022, 10:43:05 AM »

Biden wins in 2024 if he marches our troops into Ukraine and saves what is left of  that nation.

Easy win.

Someone is already telling him this.  Others will come forth soon.

Who is someone?  I can see those arguing for a no-fly zone, which itself threatens a massive escalation to world war, but not troops and.artillery.  NATO troops in Ukraine would move Vlads needle to "desperate" and their "existential threat" criterion for using nukes (as the Russians have recently laid out for us) would be met.  Do you really want to see beautiful 1500 year old cities turned to smoking craters?   Been enough of that already, one would think.  There are no winners in a nuclear conflict, and vast areas would become wastelands for centuries, or milllennia. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 06, 2022, 11:23:46 AM »

Biden wins in 2024 if he marches our troops into Ukraine and saves what is left of  that nation.

Easy win.

Someone is already telling him this.  Others will come forth soon.

Who is someone?  I can see those arguing for a no-fly zone, which itself threatens a massive escalation to world war, but not troops and.artillery.  NATO troops in Ukraine would move Vlads needle to "desperate" and their "existential threat" criterion for using nukes (as the Russians have recently laid out for us) would be met.  Do you really want to see beautiful 1500 year old cities turned to smoking craters?   Been enough of that already, one would think.  There are no winners in a nuclear conflict, and vast areas would become wastelands for centuries, or milllennia.

Fortunately, humanity won't make it that far, if we keep pushing the climate...

</tongue-in-cheek on adverb>
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 06, 2022, 11:39:16 AM »

Putin wants  no part of dropping he next nuclear bomb.

His forces (as I said - its the generals that are whack jobs) at this point must be stopped.

So lets fucking go!   
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Holly Martins

« Reply #757 on: April 06, 2022, 12:00:13 PM »

Provide evidence to support that assertion. 

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 06, 2022, 12:00:38 PM »

To paraphrase something JFK said during the Cuban Missle Crisis, the thing about this view is, if you are wrong, there will be nobody left to say I told you so.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #759 on: April 06, 2022, 12:12:15 PM »

His forces (as I said - its the generals that are whack jobs) at this point must be stopped.

So lets fucking go!

Ukraine does not need NATO boots on the ground or EU fighter planes.

They need high altitude SAMs, more killer drones and most of all a bunch of ASMs.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #760 on: April 06, 2022, 02:29:36 PM »

Interesting interview about Russian society

https://the.ink/p/is-this-how-russia-ends?s=r&utm_medium=web
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #761 on: April 06, 2022, 02:47:03 PM »

The military culture also seems tenuous....

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/04/bucha-ukraine-bodies-russian-military-crimes/629485/

What we are seeing is likely something much more familiar, and much more universal - - These sorts of crimes occur when military organizations are committed into combat without clear, achievable objectives, and without a professional noncommissioned-officer corps to enforce discipline within the ranks. They are what happens when military organizations are not held to account for their actions, when soldiers, after seeing the deaths of their friends in the face of unforeseen resistance, resort to savagery, and when the guardrails to prevent such a descent into inhumanity are absent... 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 06, 2022, 05:00:09 PM »

You cannot prove me wrong.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 06, 2022, 05:26:46 PM »

To paraphrase something JFK said during the Cuban Missle Crisis, the thing about this view is, if you are wrong, there will be nobody left to say I told you so.
[/quote]
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Holly Martins

« Reply #764 on: April 06, 2022, 08:35:04 PM »

You are making a bold assertion of knowledge that you cannot possibly have.  So the ball's in your court.  Show us from where you were able to observe Putin's thoughts. Or some trustworthy source who has and you find credible.  When you make a statement in a political discussion, simply asking for credulous belief without any facts doesn't fly. 
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 145