Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 295890 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #6525 on: April 22, 2022, 07:42:59 PM »

Still - you need to be equally critical - if being fair

As you were as well with Rodgers
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: April 22, 2022, 08:40:17 PM »

Still - you need to be equally critical - if being fair

As you were as well with Rodgers

Unlike Rodgers, Houck did nothing to mislead the public about his "immune" status.

If this were nearing playoff time, then I would be closer to as critical of him as I would be of Irving, but neither of them earns the disdain of that great teammate Rodgers at this point in time.

That you refuse to see the difference is pretty much par for the course.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: April 22, 2022, 08:49:02 PM »

Of course I see the difference.

Are you backtracking, saying you would have been OK with AR  and a no-vax had  he been truthful?

And that if Kyrie were a scrubbini that it would be OK, but stars only need the shot?

Catch us up with your thinking if you want ti discuss it.  Much easier if you just criticize Houck, stay consistent.  Isnt Houck a POTENTIAL KILLER like all those that you dislike that arent vaxxed?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6528 on: April 22, 2022, 09:55:52 PM »

Of course I see the difference.

Are you backtracking, saying you would have been OK with AR  and a no-vax had  he been truthful?

And that if Kyrie were a scrubbini that it would be OK, but stars only need the shot?

Catch us up with your thinking if you want ti discuss it.  Much easier if you just criticize Houck, stay consistent.  Isnt Houck a POTENTIAL KILLER like all those that you dislike that arent vaxxed?

If AR had been honest, I would have still thought him selfish, as I do Kyrie and Tanner.

If Tanner were doing this last year I would have been angrier about it.

And again, there seems to be a huge difference in the current deadliness than the deadliness with prior situations, but I don't think I complained that Rodgers was a POTENTIAL KILLER.

I am far more angry with Donald Trump for going to a debate while he had COVID than I was with Rodgers, Irving, and Houck combined.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: April 24, 2022, 09:50:18 PM »

Like putting lipstick on a pig

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: April 24, 2022, 10:07:59 PM »

Yankees fans appeared to be taunting Kwan as he was being examined by the training staff. Mercado and Myles Straw came to his defense.

So the Guardians started it...

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: April 24, 2022, 11:18:37 PM »

Yankees fans appeared to be taunting Kwan as he was being examined by the training staff. Mercado and Myles Straw came to his defense.

So the Guardians started it...

Because it is you, I have no idea if this is your usual poor job of reading or if it is tongue in cheek.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: April 27, 2022, 01:31:08 AM »

The Red Sox have had a lot of exciting games.

More exciting for their opponents than for their fans, but exciting, regardless.

The starting pitching has overall been far better than I expected. The Bullpen is already looking overworked. The hitters look as if they are beginning to wake up, but they will need to be even better if the pitching cannot work itself out.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6535 on: April 27, 2022, 07:00:57 PM »

A Mets brawl?  That can't be good.

Protect Buck, boys.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: April 29, 2022, 08:10:38 AM »

HBPs high? The ball is the problem. Pitchers can't get a grip.  Like most Mets fans once September rolls around.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: April 29, 2022, 11:07:18 AM »

Would love to see the current MLB ball - to compare t the college ball, which is grippable  but fucking loaded.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6538 on: April 29, 2022, 09:29:34 PM »

Today's closed captioning winner:

"He hit pretty well for the loose ox."

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6539 on: April 29, 2022, 10:51:30 PM »

Red Sox hit their first home run in a week!

Went on to win, but... it's like the umpires are lobbying for electronic balls and strikes!
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 469