Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 296040 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #4875 on: July 26, 2021, 10:32:02 PM »

What are the odds of the only real baseball fan knowing nothing about the sport he professes to be the only real fan of?  They must be astronomical.

Hey shithead, let's see if you can pull off one post without a lie (I despise the Nationals).  I'm rooting for you!! I know you can do it!

Trouble making the alimony payments, again?

Sad.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: July 26, 2021, 10:34:47 PM »

You couldn’t do it, could you?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: July 26, 2021, 10:37:43 PM »

Another by the book CFBW

Sox are making this look easy.

Which means there's a bad burn comin'

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: July 26, 2021, 11:11:02 PM »

As far as loyal fans I don't think anyone beats banks or myself. We are here thru thick or thin.

Except when you take off for months at a time and come back as somebody else, denying your prior identity for a few more months.

And... nobody wants to beat you, Piggy. You may continue doing that for yourself.

Youve been deluded. Unlike you, some of us have a life.

Your usual high quality projection.

No connection to reality necessary for you to utter your bullshit.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: July 26, 2021, 11:11:59 PM »

Another by the book CFBW

This 8th inning mojo is lovely, but I sure hate having to rely on it!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: July 27, 2021, 10:57:22 AM »

Cutch with the walkoff, last night.

Now, some Nats are for sale: After a demoralizing sweep at the hands of the Baltimore Orioles followed by another walk-off loss to the Philadelphia Phillies on Monday, the question is no longer whether the Washington Nationals will sell at the MLB trade deadline, it’s what will the sell-off look like?

The likes of Brad Hand, Daniel Hudson, and Josh Harrison figure to be most likely to be dealt with their expiring deals. Yan Gomes and Kyle Schwarber could both move on as well if a team takes a chance on their health. And yes, Max Scherzer could be traded too.

Trading any or all of those players seemingly wouldn’t change the team’s outlook beyond 2021. They are all out of contract at season’s end and could theoretically re-sign in D.C. this winter.

The same can’t be said were the Nationals to consider trading their star shortstop, Trea Turner.

On Monday, Chelsea Janes of The Washington Post reported that the “Nationals are getting a lot of interest in Trea Turner” and that “they haven’t ruled out dealing him, but would need to be presented with a total no-brainer of a deal.”

That’s a pretty significant development that they’re at least considering it rather than just focusing on trading away the players whose contracts are due to expire at the end of the year.

Since the start of 2020, Turner is second in the majors in fWAR behind only Fernando Tatís, Jr. and looks like a borderline MVP candidate at one of baseball’s most important positions.

Why would the Nationals consider trading away one of the best players in the league when he’s not out of contract at the end of the season like the names mentioned above?

Well, the end of his contractual control is looming at the end of next season, and because of his performance in recent seasons, he could be due for a monumental payday either in free agency or if he chooses to sign an extension before reaching that potential gold mine.

This past winter, fellow shortstop Francisco Lindor signed a 10-year, $341 million deal with the New York Mets, effectively setting the market rate for elite shortstops in the majors.

...The Athletic’s Peter Gammons seemed to imply early on Monday that it didn’t look like Turner would be another exception to the rule when he said he heard that “Washington ownership isn’t going to do anything long term with Trea Turner.”

https://www.federalbaseball.com/2021/7/27/22593515/washington-nationals-trea-turner-looking-like-sellers-seriously-consider-trading

Oh, so if he ended up with an NLE team, the Nats "fans" could hate on him for leaving, instead of turning on ownership for letting him go, like they did with Harper.

Thoughts on this Yank, as the resident Nats fan?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: July 27, 2021, 12:48:15 PM »

My thought is Turner is a phenomenal player and I can't imagine what a "total no-brainer of a deal" would look like. 

« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 02:35:04 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: July 27, 2021, 02:51:25 PM »

Another by the book CFBW

They've come from behind to win a major league-leading 33 games this season.

I guess every late-inning reliever they face turns into Armando Benitez? Or Mitch Williams? Or Jose Mesa? Your choice?

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: July 27, 2021, 05:39:28 PM »

You couldn’t do it, could you?

I've never had to pay alimony, so I can't say. Is it difficult writing that check each month?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: July 27, 2021, 06:00:55 PM »

Brilliant!!!

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: July 27, 2021, 09:00:29 PM »

And speaking of…Trea Turner tests positive
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 469