Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 570

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 120633 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #1681 on: October 17, 2022, 07:42:10 PM »

Los Angeles is opening up the Section 8 Lottery after 5 years of neglect... They should have been housing people the whole time, instead of allowing the streets to be full of homeless people.

https://www.hacla.org/en/news/hacla-open-section-8-housing-voucher-waiting-list-lottery

I would also let hostels operate tax free in Los Angeles in order to get the homeless into housing, people can operate hostels where customers can take a shower and sleep in a bed for $15 per night.

And we need to clean things up so that people can sell stuff to the tourists. In Hollywood, and in Anaheim, we depend on tourism, and we need to clean things up and make it nice to attract more tourists and to make our tourists happy. Anaheim receives 50,000 tourists per day, and Disney is charging almost $200 per person per day. This town is making a lot of money from tourism, and we can do even better if we make it nicer here. The tourists do not want to see homeless people all over the sidewalks, we need to at least offer the homeless people cheap hostels. And we can employ the homeless people to do landscaping, etc, etc, etc, to clean it up and to make things nicer for the tourists. And now we have Fullerton Community College training people for jobs at Disney, Disney is doing great. And we can do better if we get rid of the corruption and help the homeless and clean things up and invest in public landscaping, etc.

Getting the homeless into Section 8 Housing is a great step in the right direction. I would combine that with cheap hostels which can run tax free, and then I would create landscaping jobs, etc, and the unions can find work for the people who want jobs, etc. And there will be lots of work building housing.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1682 on: October 17, 2022, 07:56:48 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/17/us/radioactive-school-coldwater-creek/index.html

The school's students are 88% minority, 64% financially economically disadvantaged.
So what
So what is your point?

The enemy of fascism is EMPATHY.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: October 17, 2022, 07:58:47 PM »

California also needs to spend more money on Mental Health issues, and we need more Wellness Centers, and we need to build more Mental Health Associations. We need to help our mentally ill people, we have a lot of mentally ill people out there on the streets. We also need to train more psychiatrists, there is a huge shortage of psychiatrists. San Diego State University trains psychiatrists, and that can be expanded, and other areas can expand the training of psychiatrists as well.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: October 17, 2022, 07:59:53 PM »

The school's students are 88% minority, 64% financially economically disadvantaged.
So what
So what is your point?

Ward is denser than lead.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1685 on: October 17, 2022, 08:49:21 PM »

The New York Times/Sienna poll now has the GOP leading dems in the generic vote 49-45.
A month ago the poll had the dems up by one.

I am shifting more towards Republican because I feel like they are more geared towards business, said Robin Ackerman, a 37-year-old Democrat and mortgage loan officer who lives in New Castle, Del., and is planning to vote Republican this fall.

Ms. Ackerman said she disagreed 1,000 percent with the Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade and erase the national right to an abortion.  But that does not really have a lot to do with my decision, she said of her fall vote. I am more focused on other issues.

She likes the red cloaks and white bonnets...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: October 17, 2022, 08:58:52 PM »

I just saw on the news that the price of butter is rising because of a butter shortage. Everyone can benefit from putting our immigrants to work on farms, and our homeless people, and whoever wants to work, to work with the United Farm Workers to grow food. Everyone needs food, and we can have great, fresh, wonderful food if we put the immigrants and homeless people and whoever wants to work to work growing food.

I had a maid who could butcher cattle, our immigrants have skills.

And our immigrants can grow mustard, and they can grow and raise other food products, in Napa, and in Merced, and in Battle Mountain, etc.

The best way to deal with high food prices is to increase the production of food and thus increase competition and bring down the prices. And we can put great food onto those empty store shelves in Kentucky, etc. We can send them Mexican blankets to keep them warm in the winter, and we can put the refugees to work growing food to send to the store shelves for the poor people of Kentucky, etc. And that is where it matters most, is when the poor people are able to get good deals on wonderful healthy food. When you are putting good food on tables in America that is when it matters. Our immigrants are not a burden, they can be helpers instead and good honest workers who are a good part of our communities. Send the refugees to the United Farm Workers, etc, and they can help to feed America, and the prices will come down.

Salute,

Tony V.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: October 17, 2022, 08:59:22 PM »

So what
So what is your point?

Ward is denser than lead.
You have no answer?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 08:22:26 AM by Espnthree »

Holly Martins

« Reply #1688 on: October 17, 2022, 09:33:05 PM »

Memo to Harry
Probably might  want to ignore Obama and his thoughts on Cancel Culture

I would think Harry is paying more attention to Meghan and finding alternative sources of income, these days.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: October 17, 2022, 10:26:42 PM »

I just saw on the news that the price of butter is rising because of a butter shortage. Everyone can benefit from putting our immigrants to work on farms, and our homeless people...
You want to milk immigrants and the homeless?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: October 17, 2022, 11:32:23 PM »

I just saw on the news that the price of butter is rising because of a butter shortage. Everyone can benefit from putting our immigrants to work on farms, and our homeless people...
You want to milk immigrants and the homeless?

We can benefit by giving the immigrants and the homeless farm jobs with the United Farm Workers. And the poor people in Kentucky can benefit as we send them cheap healthy food, and blankets and products from Mexico, etc. Sunkist is world famous, and we have other great products.

I love the Joseph Farms Cheese which is made here in California...

https://josephfarms.com/

We can put the new immigrants to work making cheese, and then we can send the poor people of Kentucky some wonderful cheese at nice low prices. We can also send them tortillas and products from Mexico ( though tortillas are best eaten fresh made ).

Butter, cheese, mustard, etc, beef, pork, strawberries, etc, our immigrants and our homeless people can help if we can get them in the UFW and if they can find joy in their work and be part of the community.

Yes, the immigrants and homeless people can help us to raise cattle and to run dairies to make butter and cheese, etc. And we can send affordable food to the poor people of Kentucky, etc. The people of Kentucky would love the Joseph Farms cheese, etc. We can expand trade with Kentucky as we help our immigrants, Americans can win as we create honest opportunities for the refugees and for the homeless.

Salute,

Tony V.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: October 18, 2022, 10:04:37 AM »

Republicans kicking ass in debate season, seems.  Even Herschel draws praise from the left.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1692 on: October 18, 2022, 11:26:54 AM »

Republicans kicking ass in debate season, seems.  Even Herschel draws praise from the left.

Low expectations.

Herschel did not step on his dick more than five times so that is a win.

Lyndon Johnson

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: October 18, 2022, 12:01:58 PM »

Thanks again, Kid!
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 570