Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 264648 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4185 on: September 20, 2021, 07:04:12 PM »

I'll be in Ann Arbor at the end of October for Northwestern-Michigan game.  While I made the plans back in July, I held off on getting tickets.  As Michigan has improved each week, and seems a lot better than most thought they'd be, I had the pleasure of seeing ticket prices going up each week.  I finally pulled the trigger and wound up at $200 for tix I could have had a couple of weeks earlier for $100. At least I managed to get a reasonably priced hotel room, something I wasn't expecting.  For graduation though, I'll probably have to stay in Toledo if I want to get a reasonably priced hotel room.

Whaddayagonnado.
You could always try Hell.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: September 20, 2021, 07:04:40 PM »

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot, and look like an idiot. But don't let that fool you: he really is an idiot."

You're quacking me up, cap.

Hooray for Captain Cargo
The Elbanese Predictor
Does a nice job picking victors

Hooray
Hooray
Hooray

HEH

How's it goin cap?

I understand there's Duck running amok in Columbus

Buckeyes can't quite catch them.

I'm not the predictor I used to be Rich. Had a stroke 3 months ago that left me unable to see or walk and I'm still trying to master the fine art of motor controls.   So I'd be happy to simply walk amok. Vision came back whike I was still in the hospital but it was, and still is somewhat, double vision. It has been getting better so I don't spend a lot of time staring into the mirror any more.
 And I can walk, albeit shakily, without a walker. Even though the doctors said they weren't sure if I'd ever be able to walk again. They are all still somewhat in disbelief at my progress, but I told them then they didn't know me. They said I was pushing too hard in rehab but what choice did I have? They're jokes were terrible.  :-) 

Mowed the yard three weeks ago on the riding mower. Wife drew the line at me trying the push mower.

What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: September 20, 2021, 07:08:26 PM »

For the first time in the BCS era the path to the CFP Championship seems unlikely to pass through
Columbus

Will the Lion,the Hawkeye,Sparty, et al be able to handle the pressure.
Not the first time. It ran through East Lansing and Iowa City in 2015.
No. Michigan State reached only the final four, not the championship game.
Iowa got only to the BIG title game and lost to MSU.
It would be good for the league to have some fresh faces in the CFP, maybe even two the same year.
Well, it sure the hell didn't pass through Columbus in 2015.
Ohio State won the 2015 National Championship, the first one.
But both the Big However Many Championship and the playoff game for MSU were also in 2015. I think. I have no memory of the playoffs that year. I assume we won.
I see the issue. When I said "Not the first time" I was referring to your first time in the BCS era comment, not the first time for the playoffs.

But then, we are no longer in the BCS era, are we?

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: September 20, 2021, 07:32:16 PM »

For the first time in the BCS era the path to the CFP Championship seems unlikely to pass through
Columbus

Will the Lion,the Hawkeye,Sparty, et al be able to handle the pressure.
Not the first time. It ran through East Lansing and Iowa City in 2015.
No. Michigan State reached only the final four, not the championship game.
Iowa got only to the BIG title game and lost to MSU.
It would be good for the league to have some fresh faces in the CFP, maybe even two the same year.
Well, it sure the hell didn't pass through Columbus in 2015.
Ohio State won the 2015 National Championship, the first one.
But both the Big However Many Championship and the playoff game for MSU were also in 2015. I think. I have no memory of the playoffs that year. I assume we won.
I see the issue. When I said "Not the first time" I was referring to your first time in the BCS era comment, not the first time for the playoffs.

But then, we are no longer in the BCS era, are we?
But we are, as defined as Championship Games.
Ohio State has played in Five.
No one else in the BIG has been in one.
Now it looks like that is going to change.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: September 20, 2021, 08:23:47 PM »

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot, and look like an idiot. But don't let that fool you: he really is an idiot."

Hooray for Captain Cargo
The Elbanese Predictor

Hooray
Hooray
Hooray

HEH

How's it goin cap?

I'm not the predictor I used to be Rich. Had a stroke 3 months ago that left me unable to see or walk and I'm still trying to master the fine art of motor controls.   So I'd be happy to simply walk amok. Vision came back whike I was still in the hospital but it was, and still is somewhat, double vision. It has been getting better so I don't spend a lot of time staring into the mirror any more.
 And I can walk, albeit shakily, without a walker. Even though the doctors said they weren't sure if I'd ever be able to walk again. They are all still somewhat in disbelief at my progress, but I told them then they didn't know me. They said I was pushing too hard in rehab but what choice did I have? They're jokes were terrible.  :-) 

Mowed the yard three weeks ago on the riding mower. Wife drew the line at me trying the push mower.

Holy shit.
I had no idea I figured your recent absence was covid or boredom or whatever. 
Cap I've always known you to be a tenacious SOB, I identify, so I know you'll get back to throwing high and tight fastballs again and soon.

All the best wishes for a full and complete and quick return to health and being that pain in the ass I've known for over 25 years.

Rich
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 08:26:01 PM by bankshot1 »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: September 20, 2021, 09:17:58 PM »

Hooray for Captain Cargo
The Elbanese Predictor

Hooray
Hooray
Hooray

HEH

How's it goin cap?

Well damn. I hereby retract the caps mom's basement crack. Get better! Go Lions!

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: September 20, 2021, 10:12:25 PM »

Get well soon, Cap.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: September 21, 2021, 06:14:13 PM »

Hooray for Captain Cargo
The Elbanese Predictor

Hooray
Hooray
Hooray

HEH

How's it goin cap?

Well damn. I hereby retract the caps mom's basement crack. Get better! Go Lions!

Jesus don't go totally soft on me. but thanks for the good wishes. Besides, the only way I could get down in my mother's basement is to fall down the stairs. 

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: September 21, 2021, 06:16:28 PM »

Hooray for Captain Cargo
The Elbanese Predictor

Hooray
Hooray
Hooray

HEH

How's it goin cap?

Holy shit.
I had no idea I figured your recent absence was covid or boredom or whatever. 
Cap I've always known you to be a tenacious SOB, I identify, so I know you'll get back to throwing high and tight fastballs again and soon.

All the best wishes for a full and complete and quick return to health and being that pain in the ass I've known for over 25 years.

Rich

Thanks Rich, you know me well. Too well :-)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: September 21, 2021, 06:19:37 PM »

Get well soon, Cap.

Thanks Dude. Shit like this will wake you up a bit.

Ironic because for the first month after the "episode" all I seemed to do was sleep.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: September 22, 2021, 10:20:08 AM »

Hooray for Captain Cargo
The Elbanese Predictor

Hooray
Hooray
Hooray

HEH

How's it goin cap?

Jesus don't go totally soft on me. but thanks for the good wishes. Besides, the only way I could get down in my mother's basement is to fall down the stairs.
Oh, I will still tell you when you are being a dumbass.  But that was gratuitous.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: September 22, 2021, 10:58:38 AM »

Cap you are needed on the MLB forum

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: September 23, 2021, 09:38:53 PM »

EVENTUAL 2021-2022 NATIONAL CHAMPION MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY 31, Nebraska 10

First, a bone to pick with Sparty. This is going to be a striped game, meaning alternating sections in green and white.  Can we have one great college tradition that is not bastardized by every other college? The White Out is special, Striping looks desperate. Anyway, while Nebraska looked better against OU than they have shown before, I think that was an anomaly.  Eventual 2021 Heisman Trophy Winner Kenneth Walker III should find some room to run. Payton will be a Thorne in the side of the Nebraska secondary all day.  Martinez is a big threat for Nebraska, but I do not see much else special offensively from them. So, I think our defense will be up to the task, especially at home.

Georgia 35, Vanderbilt 6

The more I watch ClemSIN the more I wonder how good the Georgia defense actually is.  Pretty damned good I think, but we will not know for sure for a few more weeks.

the Pennsylvania State University 45, New City U 3

I think the Nittany Kitties are the best team in the Big However Many right now. I may still have my doubts about Clifford and the offense, but they seem to be more than adequate to score enough with that defense.  Villanova should not be even a speed bump.

Wisconsin 24, Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie 17

Out of curiosity. Until recently Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie played Purdue every year. Which meant every other year, Purdue came to South Bend. With its band. With the drum. Just when did the entrance tunnel to the field shrink? One upping bastards. Anyway, Wisky has practiced defensively against Coan quite a bit, right?

Texas A&M 27, Arkansas 21

Arkansas pantsed Texas, but as usual for this time of year, have otherwise played cupcakes. TAMU struggled against Colorado and otherwise have played no one.  So, my original view of TAMU is where it started the year, while Arkansas is a little more positive. I will still take TAMU.

ClemSIN 13, the North Carolina State University 0

The offense cannot be that bad, can it?  Seriously?  The defense is top flight, though.

Meatchicken 31, Rutgers 20

Hey, look who is unbeaten! No, not Meatchicken, they should be unbeaten given their schedule. RUTGERS! Sure, they haven

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: September 23, 2021, 09:42:42 PM »

Meatchicken 31, Rutgers 20

Hey, look who is unbeaten! No, not Meatchicken, they should be unbeaten given their schedule. RUTGERS! Sure, they haven not played anyone, Temple, Cuse and Delaware, but you never think of Rutgers as being the type of team that beats everyone they should. They have been pretty good defensively, even if offensively they have not shown much.  Meatchicken has an impressive running game and defense, so far, and enough of a passing game to get by.

the 40, Akron 17

This should be a chance to get the apostrophe s defense right, but then I said that last week.  Something seems just

Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 329