Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 264637 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #1215 on: November 26, 2018, 09:53:41 PM »

CFP placement odds-Vegas

Alabama. -260
Clemson    350
ND            900
tOSU        1300
Okla         1500

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: November 27, 2018, 08:56:19 AM »

Oklahoma has one loss and it has a chance to erase that loss this Saturday.

The best defense they faced this year just may have been the Cadets of Army. The second best may have been the Longhorns.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: November 27, 2018, 09:08:20 AM »

Ohio State has one loss and looks like it has no chance to gain ground should Oklahoma win.

The Buckeyes play a four loss Northwestern school. The best matchup the Big Ten could apparently produce. The Wildcats have lost all three of their OOC games including a loss to the 4-7 and aptly named Akron Zips. Well, to be fair the Zips have one bowl game that I can remember. The Spud Bowl I think it was.

So I think it's safe to say that without a loss by the Sooners OSU won't be getting into the Football Four. And that actually might be better for them as they'd probably be favored playing whatever PAC team that gets thrown at them. Probably Washington. I'm sure their fans would be happier seeing them go out with a win.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 09:21:01 AM by CaptainCargo »

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: November 27, 2018, 10:40:03 AM »

Ohio State has one loss and looks like it has no chance to gain ground should Oklahoma win.

The Buckeyes play a four loss Northwestern school. The best matchup the Big Ten could apparently produce. The Wildcats have lost all three of their OOC games including a loss to the 4-7 and aptly named Akron Zips. Well, to be fair the Zips have one bowl game that I can remember. The Spud Bowl I think it was.
Yeah, the West suckex this year. Almost as bad as the South Atlantic League Coastal.

So I think it's safe to say that without a loss by the Sooners OSU won't be getting into the Football Four.
Do not be so sure. The C9mmittee seems to value wins more than they discount losses. For what it is worth, Oklahoma has given up 40 points or more in each of their last four games. The whole record matters, not just one team's bad game.
   And that actually might be better for them as they'd probably be favored playing whatever PAC team that gets thrown at them. Probably Washington. I'm sure their fans would be happier seeing them go out with a win.
Well, that is stupid. From personal experience, the chance to be in a playoff trumps the bowls, even if you get waxed. Maybe one day a team you root for will make it and you will see what I mean.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: November 27, 2018, 11:24:56 AM »

From personal experience, the chance to be in a playoff trumps the bowls, even if you get waxed.

A month of free hype, more more money for the Conference and, most of all, a huge leg up in recruiting.

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: November 27, 2018, 01:04:24 PM »

A month of free hype, more more money for the Conference and, most of all, a huge leg up in recruiting.
I’m not so sure how good it is for recruiting should you get waxed. Yes, you’ll get more attention and interest than teams who never get to the playoffs….but it seems to me that recruits would be more interested in the team that waxed you than they would be in you.
I can’t honestly say that I would have much confidence in OSU vs. Alabama or Clemson. Both those teams have been powerful and solid for most of the year, whereas Ohio State has been wildly inconsistent. I don’t think that a Big 10 title and a trip to the Rose Bowl would be out of line, expectations wise. Sometimes it just is what it is, and it really would be beyond expectations for this team to beat either of those two teams. Hope springs eternal in South Bend. Let them get their clocks cleaned in the playoffs.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: November 27, 2018, 01:43:20 PM »

I’m not so sure how good it is for recruiting should you get waxed.
There is no downside recruiting-wise.
Just getting to the highest level is an automatic boost in attraction. Besides a loss underscores immediate needs to a recruit. TOSU got waxed by Clemson two years ago and hasn’t missed a beat on the recruiting trail. Closing the deal is a lot easier when a school can offer a player the biggest stage to play on. Especially those dreaming of the NFL. 

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: November 27, 2018, 01:55:14 PM »

Closing the deal is a lot easier when a school can offer a player the biggest stage to play on.
Doubly so if your playing on the best team on that stage.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: November 27, 2018, 06:31:54 PM »

Yeah, the West suckex this year. Almost as bad as the South Atlantic League Coastal.

So I think it's safe to say that without a loss by the Sooners OSU won't be getting into the Football Four.
Do not be so sure. The C9mmittee seems to value wins more than they discount losses. For what it is worth, Oklahoma has given up 40 points or more in each of their last four games. The whole record matters, not just one team's bad game.
   And that actually might be better for them as they'd probably be favored playing whatever PAC team that gets thrown at them. Probably Washington. I'm sure their fans would be happier seeing them go out with a win.
Well, that is stupid. From personal experience, the chance to be in a playoff trumps the bowls, even if you get waxed. Maybe one day a team you root for will make it and you will see what I mean.

Yeah the ACC Coastal isn't all that.

You could be right. But I think for that to happen OSU has to hop Oklahoma tonight. Otherwise I'm not seeing it.

And we disagree.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: November 27, 2018, 07:27:52 PM »

You could be right. But I think for that to happen OSU has to hop Oklahoma tonight. Otherwise I'm not seeing it.

And we disagree.
Nothing like talking kumquats when the subject was roses.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: November 27, 2018, 08:13:27 PM »

Saturday’s Michigan-Ohio State college football game scored an 8.0 overnight rating on FOX, up 19% from last year (6.7)
The 8.0 is the highest college football overnight rating of the season. The previous high was 6.7 for Alabama-LSU on CBS earlier this month.

Excluding bowls, the 8.0 tied the second-highest college football overnight in Fox Sports history, matching last year’s Ohio State-Wisconsin Big Ten Championship. The 2013 Ohio State-Michigan State title game holds the top spot (8.4).

It also ranks as the fourth-highest Ohio State-Michigan overnight this century, behind 2016, 2006 (13.7) and 2002 (8.5).

Considering THE GAME is at noon EST (9am PST) the numbers are impressive.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: November 27, 2018, 08:28:00 PM »

And we disagree.
Nothing like talking kumquats when the subject was roses.

Well you can certainly run in space.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: November 27, 2018, 08:29:36 PM »

Saturday’s Michigan-Ohio State college football game scored an 8.0 overnight rating on FOX, up 19% from last year (6.7)
The 8.0 is the highest college football overnight rating of the season. The previous high was 6.7 for Alabama-LSU on CBS earlier this month.

Excluding bowls, the 8.0 tied the second-highest college football overnight in Fox Sports history, matching last year’s Ohio State-Wisconsin Big Ten Championship. The 2013 Ohio State-Michigan State title game holds the top spot (8.4).

It also ranks as the fourth-highest Ohio State-Michigan overnight this century, behind 2016, 2006 (13.7) and 2002 (8.5).

Considering THE GAME is at noon EST (9am PST) the numbers are impressive.

Remember to wash that hand.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: November 27, 2018, 09:11:38 PM »

Wait:  The tosu/mich game did good numbers.

Who cares other than the TV people, it’s a big rivalry and MICH hasn’t been good in 15 years...??

Kids don’t care.

Adults don’t care.

Network executives look up from their phones for a minute??

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: November 27, 2018, 09:41:33 PM »

Wait:  The tosu/mich game did good numbers.

Who cares other than the TV people, it’s a big rivalry and MICH hasn’t been good in 15 years...??

Kids don’t care.

Adults don’t care.

Network executives look up from their phones for a minute??
And it pisses you and Cargo off.
Priceless.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 329