Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What will be the outcome of Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

Russia will gain eastern Ukraine territories and hold them, as it has Crimea
- 5 (45.5%)
Russia will temporarily gain eastern Ukraine territories before being forced out of them
- 2 (18.2%)
Efforts to confront the Russian forces and get them out of Ukraine will lead to Putin's escalating and attacking NATO countries directly with missiles or other destructive measures
- 0 (0%)
The NATO/World response will be so mild that Putin will go ahead and take the rest of Ukraine
- 3 (27.3%)
Today Ukraine, tomorrow Moldova and who knows where else
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 01, 2022, 01:18:43 PM

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 145

Author Topic: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine  (Read 44660 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #1035 on: April 20, 2022, 07:59:17 PM »

Hang on a minute...refugees from Russia?
Where's the war in Russia?
So they'd be 'economic refugees/immigrants' looking for a better life?
Pouring into Alaska/US...nice, and just where will they be living, working, getting treatment in hospitals etc?

Usually a strong ethic there - but some are in gangs I am sure.

Yes, Russian mafia is a good bet.
No ID or background checks needed..."come one, come all, welcome to your new and better life".
You have no clue how the system works or what our policy actually is.

Or care.

But unlike Luee or Ward, sometimes he can admit he made a mistake.

Oh I care...because what they get away with in America usually ends up on my doorstep being govt policy.
At the very thought of the Left being the new federal govt in bambuworld the people-smuggling boats in Indonesia are reportedly being readied for travel.

Ever think the left might stop the exploitation of Indonesia by oil cartels?

If my house is not fucked up why would I want to leave my house?

It's not Indonesians leaving on the people-smuggling boats as passengers, it was mostly 'asylum-seekers'/'refugees'/'economic immigrants' [call them what you like] from the Middle East, and Pakistanis posing as Afghans. [We might be 'dumb, drink, racist, and backward', but we have a dingo-cunning system for weeding out fakes and liars]

Part of OSB is Regional Deterrence Framework...which includes;

. Communications campaigns to raise awareness within local villages that people smuggling is a criminal activity;
. A capped boat buy-back scheme that was to provide an incentive for owners of decrepit and dangerously unsafe boats to sell their boats to government officials rather than people smugglers;
. Support for wardens in local communities, whose role was to be to provide intelligence information to the Indonesian National Police on people smuggling operations;
. The option in exceptional circumstances for bounty payments for the provision of information resulting in significant disruptions or arrests leading to convictions.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 08:01:00 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: April 20, 2022, 08:22:50 PM »

I think you meant drunk, mate.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: April 20, 2022, 08:31:38 PM »

I think you meant drunk, mate.

I did.
That'll teach me not to do more than one thing at a time ...and to proof read posts.  :)
Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: April 22, 2022, 05:29:22 AM »

A retired US general was on my tv last night basically slamming NATO leaders for not giving Ukraine all the weapons it's requested.
He said that doing so, giving Ukraine all it wanted was the perfect chance to defeat Russia's military to make sure it never attacked anyone else for decades.
He seemed to take a particular swipe at Germany.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 05:40:48 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: April 22, 2022, 10:10:04 AM »

A retired US general was on my tv last night basically slamming NATO leaders for not giving Ukraine all the weapons it's requested.
He said that doing so, giving Ukraine all it wanted was the perfect chance to defeat Russia's military to make sure it never attacked anyone else for decades.

Sleepy Jo says no to planes. Might make Vlad angry to be carpet bombed to Moscow. Just rusted out junk from the 80's. What is he waiting for?
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: April 22, 2022, 10:20:38 AM »

Sleepy Jo says no to planes. Might make Vlad angry to be carpet bombed to Moscow. Just rusted out junk from the 80's. What is he waiting for?

Given that he said yes to planes and Ukraine has received them, just shut the fuck up, will you, ignoramous?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1042 on: April 22, 2022, 11:26:09 AM »

Go back to sleep, Rip Van luee
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 11:27:53 AM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: April 22, 2022, 04:01:57 PM »

Vatican News

1 hour

In an interview with Argentinian daily newspaper 'La Nacion,' Pope Francis says even if he is not planning to go to Kyiv or meet Patriarch Kirill in the near future, "there are always" ongoing efforts to arrive at peace in Ukraine. "The Vatican never rests," the Pope insists, noting, "I cannot tell you the details because they would cease to be diplomatic efforts. But the attempts will never stop."

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: April 22, 2022, 04:59:55 PM »

Given that he said yes to planes and Ukraine has received them, just shut the fuck up, will you, ignoramous?

LPL

Sloww goin with the military aid

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: April 22, 2022, 06:16:21 PM »

Solomon Islands...nowhere near America, but;

Solomons' Opposition leader seemed to say on my tv last night that govt officials have or will be having luxury homes built behind security walls, and their children educated at top universities in China.

US State Department spokesman Ned Price on Tuesday said that assurances from Solomons Prime Minister Manasseh Sogavare that there would be no Chinese naval bases had not convinced the US that the deal was ...
...in the region's best interest.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Way too close to Australia's NE coast for the liking of bambuworld.
Like Ukraine, Australia was encouraged not to arm itself greatly, but to sign nuclear non-proliferation treaties instead.
Now look what's happening to "sitting duck" Ukraine, invasion and total destruction.
..and what could be happening to "sitting duck" Australia as China circles.

Once China owns the NSEW Pacific, Asia, Africa, etc, [and its best buddy Russia owns Europe], eventually China will own the USA.
No invasion of the USA will be needed, the way things are going China will own all the land, infrastructure, farms, companies in America, plus own its economy.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 06:35:05 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1046 on: April 22, 2022, 07:26:30 PM »

LPL

Sloww goin with the military aid

Oh shut up

https://www.thebulwark.com/shame-on-those-who-defended-trumps-perfect-call/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: April 22, 2022, 07:57:46 PM »

We should be carpet bombing St. Petersburg with fifth columnists like Kid.

It would be a wet messy human refuse drop that would send Putin just the right message.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Holly Martins

« Reply #1048 on: April 22, 2022, 08:40:06 PM »

https://archive.ph/mNFtZ

Vladimir Kara-Murza sends a letter from his jail cell in Moscow.  He is more certain than ever that Russia will be a free country. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: April 22, 2022, 08:43:43 PM »

http://www.hisutton.com/Russian-Navy-Moskva-Cruiser-Wreck.html

Russians deploy 110 year old recovery vessel to site of the Moskva.

I do wonder if they are sending this so there is less of a loss should it get sunk, too.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 145