Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 264636 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #2880 on: November 06, 2019, 03:28:46 PM »

Difference between Florida State and ZeroState?

One has FIVE In-State competitors for recruiting, the other has Zero.
Guess which is which.

Very true. But to be fair(and I'm just guessing here) Florida produces about three times the 4-star and higher recruits that Ohio does. But still your point is well taken.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: November 06, 2019, 03:33:29 PM »

Guess which is which.

Very true. But to be fair(and I'm just guessing here) Florida produces about three times the 4-star and higher recruits that Ohio does. But still your point is well taken.
The HS football strength of Ohio has always been in its Catholic schools and OSU always competes with Notre Dame for those kids.  Also, Michigan State and Michigan have huge recruiting presences in the state. 
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: November 06, 2019, 03:39:56 PM »

Guess which is which.

volume.

The HS football strength of Ohio has always been in its Catholic schools and OSU always competes with Notre Dame for those kids.  Also, Michigan State and Michigan have huge recruiting presences in the state.

Also true.

Florida and Texas, maybe include Georgia and California, are the big boys when it comes to top shelf
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 10:34:00 AM by CaptainCargo »
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: November 06, 2019, 04:26:22 PM »

Guess which is which.

THE also competes nationally for players in a way FSU is having problems doing.

Also, there are two in state competitors for FSU competing for the same players as FSU. If you are counting Group of Five teams, THE has seven in state competitors, including at least one with a good chance to play in a NY 6 bowl. Trust that adled hose bag to try to stack the deck and get it wrong. 2 to 0 wasn't enough.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: November 06, 2019, 04:40:37 PM »

Guess which is which.

THE also competes nationally for players in a way FSU is having problems doing.

Also, there are two in state competitors for FSU competing for the same players as FSU. If you are counting Group of Five teams, THE has seven in state competitors, including at least one with a good chance to play in a NY 6 bowl. Trust that adled hose bag to try to stack the deck and get it wrong. 2 to 0 wasn't enough.
Actually by FBS labels Ohio has 8 teams, Florida 7. Ohio has 12 million residents, Florida has  22 million.
Not only is the original argument mathematically wrong it is stupid.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: November 06, 2019, 04:42:25 PM »

I'm fully aware of those schools and if you're going to correct me you should probably know that it's Glenville in Cleveland, not Grenville.  I'd be happy, though, to amend "always" to "almost always."  Unlike a lot of states, the Catholic and Public schools compete against each other in the state championships and in the largest division in the state I think the Catholic schools have won far more championships than the public schools. 

I'd venture to say that both Michigan State and Michigan still have a quarter of their rosters coming from Ohio. 

« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 04:50:01 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: November 06, 2019, 05:11:41 PM »

Whenever I can help!!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: November 06, 2019, 05:22:45 PM »

I'm fully aware of those schools and if you're going to correct me you should probably know that it's Glenville in Cleveland, not Grenville.  I'd be happy, though, to amend "always" to "almost always."  Unlike a lot of states, the Catholic and Public schools compete against each other in the state championships and in the largest division in the state I think the Catholic schools have won far more championships than the public schools. 

I'd venture to say that both Michigan State and Michigan still have a quarter of their rosters coming from Ohio.

Thanks YG, for the spelling correction, RisqueNut would be so proud.  I am well aware of the recruiting advantages that the Catholic schools have in the 7 divisions of Playoffs in Ohio.
That is a different but related issue to the discussion at hand. 

Only an sun-baked brain like Risqué 's would think Kent State competes with ZeroState for talent.
Without looking I will guess Kentucky has more Ohioans on its rooster than the SpaTan Pansies.
Don't check yourself, let RisquéNut do the research for us.

Thanks again for the spelling correction.
I don't think Kent competes with THE. I also don't think Florida Atlantic competes with Florida,  FSU or the U. Which was my point, though unsurprisingly that passed right by you.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: November 06, 2019, 06:11:50 PM »

I suggest you find someone who says, I have offers from FSU, Florida and the U but I am going to Florida Atlantic because I like their weight room and 50 k seat stadium.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: November 06, 2019, 10:52:44 PM »

Yes, just as soon as you correct THE JumboNut's 22 million Floridians vs Ohio's 12 million resident fallacy.

I'll wait.....
11.7 versus 21.3, not 12 to 22! Bad, jim. BAD!

You stupid, stupid senile ass.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: November 07, 2019, 08:45:46 AM »

I suspect Deej knows the numbers, but feels that withou including Florida's huge elder population, the states' population totals are more in line.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: November 07, 2019, 10:12:57 AM »

I suspect Deej knows the numbers, but feels that withou including Florida's huge elder population, the states' population totals are more in line.
I suspect he is just a Fucking Idiot and has no clue what he is talking about.

The only thing inaccurate about RedJim's post is he should have rounded down for
 Florida's population.

There are a fair number of schools that share THE's advantage of being the only Power 5 school in the state. Which is why Rutgers has been so dominant over the years.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: November 07, 2019, 10:23:59 AM »

Apples to Orange Bowls.
Florida provides close to 12per cent of elite division one recruits.
Ohio slightly more than 3 per cent.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football-recruiting/2017/12/18/16780636/best-recruits-2019-state-rankings

« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 10:26:49 AM by Espnthree »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: November 07, 2019, 11:27:31 AM »

YG,  stating the obvious usually isn't necessary when talking to reasonably, intelligent people.
But, dealing with THE Stupid Twins, Steve and JimboNuts, the obvious becomes an unfathomable mystery.

You are kind to help them out; I enjoy watching them swim in their own ignorance.
According to High-Schools.com, Florida (2018 numbers) is the third largest state for High School students at 2,255,540. Ohio is 8th at 1,294,260. Which is fairly close to the proportion of the overall population. If your head came to more of a point it would pierce through your hats.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: November 07, 2019, 12:12:38 PM »

Now, divide the first number by 3 and the second number by 1
Next.
And.you get roughly the same.percentage as you do for the general population cited by RedJim which is the number you are arguing about you stupid, stupid man.

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 329