Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 264648 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #2895 on: November 07, 2019, 02:57:51 PM »

When you get your StupidTwin's head out of your ass, let me know, then we'll run the numbers for Texas, you sniveling,cowardly piece of dung.
Try to stick to your own argument you stupid stupid man.

To try to denigrate THE compared to FSU you posited six schools for FSU to none competing with THE for recruits, which is wrong no matter how you look at it, and when RedJim pointed out the population disparity seemed to think his numbers were somehow wrong when they were a rounding error from being right. You grasped at yankguy's lifeline about the stereotype of old Floridians - which I am morally certain you had not even thought of before.reading yankbuy's post - but that also was also wrong, since the ratio of high school students in the two states is very close to the ratio of the population generally. And now you bring up Texas? I bet you have no clue why Texas is relevant to the THE/FSU comparison, and why Texas (among other states) explains why THE is traditionally a powerhouse while other single P5 state schools struggle.

Here are some stats to think about to the extent you are capable of thinking:

Passing: 3/3, 74 yards, 1 touchdown.
Rushing: 13 carries, 47 yards, 0 touchdowns.
Receiving: 11 catches, 111 yards, 1 touchdown.

That is barely a half of offense for THE.

Of the Top 11 tacklers on defense:

57 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 0 picks, 0 recoveries. Most of that is from one.player, Malik Harrison.

That is THE's Ohio production. They are great this year for the reason they are great every year: they get top recruits from Texas (Dobbins, Okudah) and Georgia (Fields) and Maryland (Young) and New Jersey and California. It is not the lock on Ohio. They are one of a gandful of schools kids across the country want to play for. So is Alabama. FSU no longer is.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: November 07, 2019, 03:00:23 PM »

I sense I did not say "you stupid,.stupid man" enough in that post. Please mentally add where appropriate.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 03:04:32 PM by Hairy Lime »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: November 07, 2019, 07:54:01 PM »

Bullies are attracted to places where inequality is the greatest.

Same as always in THE BiG Whatever.
Methchicken has had the same national cachet without the results you stupid stupid man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: November 07, 2019, 09:17:26 PM »

Breaking news:  The Big Bad BuckNuts will play an SEC team in the regular season
for the first time since 1988 in the 2030 season!

Bold move for the chickenShit BuckNuts from ZeroState.

That should take care of the rest of the 21st century vs THE SEC.
Meanwhile the chickenShit Bullpuppies will play a Big 10 team in the regular season for the first time since 1965.  Bold move for the pussies from Georgia. Should take care of the rest of the 21st Century vs the Big 10. You stupid, stupid man.

2031 will also be only the second time Georgia has played north of the Mason Dixon in 50 years. Cowards.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: November 08, 2019, 10:00:15 AM »

Georgia in real conference with real competitive teams. 

ZeroState NOT. 

Still losing, better let your StupidTwin take over for you, you sound very weak and dumber than usual.

Next.
You stupid, stupid man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: November 08, 2019, 10:01:57 AM »

Chase Young out for the Maryland game due to an unspecified NCAA issue.dating back to last year.

One way you know your team sucks: other teams choose your game to discipline player for events dating back a year.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 10:03:55 AM by Hairy Lime »

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: November 08, 2019, 10:35:39 AM »

Difference between Florida State and ZeroState?

One has FIVE In-State competitors for recruiting, the other has Zero.
Guess which is which.

Very true. But to be fair(and I'm just guessing here) Florida produces about three times the 4-star and higher recruits that Ohio does. But still your point is well taken.
The HS football strength of Ohio has always been in its Catholic schools and OSU always competes with Notre Dame for those kids.  Also, Michigan State and Michigan have huge recruiting presences in the state.
THE also competes nationally for players in a way FSU is having problems doing.

Also, there are two in state competitors for FSU competing for the same players as FSU. If you are counting Group of Five teams, THE has seven in state competitors, including at least one with a good chance to play in a NY 6 bowl. Trust that adled hose bag to try to stack the deck and get it wrong. 2 to 0 wasn't enough.

Another good point. Clemson also does a good job of getting top players from different states as it's well known that has been Nicky's forte for years.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: November 08, 2019, 10:52:45 AM »

Chase Young out for the Maryland game due to an unspecified NCAA issue.dating back to last year.

One way you know your team sucks: other teams choose your game to discipline player for events dating back a year.
I'm past the point of taking umbrage.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: November 08, 2019, 11:02:42 AM »

Guess which is which.

Very true. But to be fair(and I'm just guessing here) Florida produces about three times the 4-star and higher recruits that Ohio does. But still your point is well taken.
The HS football strength of Ohio has always been in its Catholic schools and OSU always competes with Notre Dame for those kids.  Also, Michigan State and Michigan have huge recruiting presences in the state.

Also, there are two in state competitors for FSU competing for the same players as FSU. If you are counting Group of Five teams, THE has seven in state competitors, including at least one with a good chance to play in a NY 6 bowl. Trust that adled hose bag to try to stack the deck and get it wrong. 2 to 0 wasn't enough.

Actually Florida State has six Div 1A competitors. So six/seven not so much difference. The key is what YG touched on outside competitors. I that regard I feel that Florida with its vastly(yes vastly) larger talent pool to draw from gets the most sharks swimming in it's waters. So in that regard D.J. would have a valid point.

I think if you went and looked at it, and I haven't, you would find a goodly diversity of Florida players/prospects on many more teams outside the state than you would see Ohio player/prospects. I guess if I did a study on how many 4-Star and above were on teams outside the state and how many were inside the state. And then did a study of how many Ohio 4-Star and above were outside the state or even inside the state and NOT on OSU I would firmly believe the result in percentages would highly favor the Buckeyes keeping their top talent in state and on OSU. But I'm just too old and lazy to do it.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: November 08, 2019, 11:13:04 AM »

(..tOSU is) great this year for the reason they are great every year: they get top recruits from Texas (Dobbins, Okudah) and Georgia (Fields) and Maryland (Young) and New Jersey and California. It is not the lock on Ohio. They are one of a handful of schools kids across the country want to play for. So is Alabama. FSU no longer is.
At the turn of the century abou 55-60 per cent of the top recruits stayed in -state to play college football. Now it is almost completely different with per cent of top recruits  going out-of-state reaching or surpassing 60 per cent. This reflects the world we live in with every college game being televised and the influence of YouTube, Twitter, the Internet and on.
If you want to predict success of a program start by ranking each school’s recruiting budget.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 11:16:52 AM by Espnthree »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: November 08, 2019, 11:31:27 AM »

Guess which is which.

Actually Florida State has six Div 1A competitors. So six/seven not so much difference. The key is what YG touched on outside competitors. I that regard I feel that Florida with its vastly(yes vastly) larger talent pool to draw from gets the most sharks swimming in it's waters. So in that regard D.J. would have a valid point.

I think if you went and looked at it, and I haven't, you would find a goodly diversity of Florida players/prospects on many more teams outside the state than you would see Ohio player/prospects. I guess if I did a study on how many 4-Star and above were on teams outside the state and how many were inside the state. And then did a study of how many Ohio 4-Star and above were outside the state or even inside the state and NOT on OSU I would firmly believe the result in percentages would highly favor the Buckeyes keeping their top talent in state and on OSU. But I'm just too old and lazy to do it.
THE does have the advantage of being the only Power 5 school in Ohio, when it comes to Ohio recruits. The issue is, that advantage does not matter as much any more. Without doing a deep dive into it THE probably has more significant players from Florida than it does from Ohio on its current roster. Back when you and I were being recruited by major Universities we saw and were familiar with schools in our states and our region. Now, they see everyone every week. Super programs recruit nationally.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: November 08, 2019, 11:43:31 AM »

(..tOSU is) great this year for the reason they are great every year: they get top recruits from Texas (Dobbins, Okudah) and Georgia (Fields) and Maryland (Young) and New Jersey and California. It is not the lock on Ohio. They are one of a handful of schools kids across the country want to play for. So is Alabama. FSU no longer is.
At the turn of the century abou 55-60 per cent of the top recruits stayed in -state to play college football. Now it is almost completely different with per cent of top recruits  going out-of-state reaching or surpassing 60 per cent. This reflects the world we live in with every college game being televised and the influence of YouTube, Twitter, the Internet and on.
If you want to predict success of a program start by ranking each school’s recruiting budget.
I think switching from Tressell to Meyer had something to do with the change,  at least for THE. Tressell was hired in part because Cooper was not getting Ohio players to stay home. Tressell had spent years at YSU romancing in state coaches to get and identify second tier players for YSU. But the times have changed, and THE has changed.

THE's current roster depending so heavily on out of state talent is more pronounced than it has been even recently. 5 of the 14 first round draft choices from THE in the Meyer era were Ohio kids.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: November 08, 2019, 12:31:16 PM »

Per Young, a loan from a.friend that he paid back over the summer. He will probably sit additional time after.this weekend.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: November 08, 2019, 12:50:19 PM »

I'm past the point of taking umbrage.

whats the outrage/umbrage #

how big was the loan?

a couple hundred bucks, well ok, a kid needs some dough for taking his best girl out after the big game. 

But if its sizable dough...

and where did he get the dough to pay back the loan, was it from an adavance of a commission at his no show job down at Auto-World of Colunbus?

Couldn't he get a loan from Deutsche Bank?

They'll lend to anybody.

Evn dead-beat grifters with a long history of defaults.

I'm just heartened  THE is investigating THE matter.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 12:52:14 PM by bankshot1 »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: November 08, 2019, 01:17:43 PM »

BuckNuts fans have nothing to worry about.  The NCAA in Indianapolis worships the ground the
BuckNuts piss on.  So a slap on the wrist will more than suffice.

Any other school would have to vacate the games won this season.
ZeroState is too big to be penalized properly.

No worries, Nuts!
Todd Gurley sat 4.games for taking a loan from an agent. Nothing happened to Georgia for the same reason nothing will happen to THE you stupid, stupid man.

At least he did not borrow his coach's dilapidated Subaru. That would have been serious trouble.

Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 329