Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 264652 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #1260 on: November 29, 2018, 02:30:54 PM »

The Big Whatever already did precisely what you want the to do. Divided the traditional powers into two divisions.

Once again not the way I suggest. Which you seem to be willfully ignoring. You're good at that even though you have to know you aren't getting it by me.

They had the wrong formula. Fucked it up a second time too. That's the point I'm making and you've said little to change my mind.

You disagree, I get it.
The only difference between what the Big Whatever did in 2010 and what you propose is they aligned to divisions based on the strengths of the programs in 2010. That there would be a different alignment 8 years later underscores.the foolishness of your approach. That you think think there is any real difference between Leaders and Legends and your lineup, other than snark, underscores the hermetically sealed and locked nature.of your mind.  That you will not change your mind when confronted with opposing facts is the sad reality anyone who ever posted with you has been forced to acknowledge.

You haven't given me any opposing 'facts' sufficient to change my position. Don't blame me because you were incapable of mounting a good enough argument to do so. Lashing out is some sort of defense mechanism inherent in your basic mental makeup. Try as I might I've never figured out a way to wean you off from it. And that is really my only failure.

The real sad reality is simply that. Your juvenile bordering on imbecilic attempts to blame me for your incompetence is something I've had to put up with for years.

Couldn't just agree to disagree once again. Although I provided you with several opportunities. C'est la gare.
You have not identified a single substantive difference between Leaders and Legends and your cockamamie idea, except L and L switched MSU and PSU from your plan.  That is it.  Your way - dividing up the league by separating traditional powers - was precisely what the Big Whatever did. That the fourth team in that top 4 was not MSU but Nebraska points out the long term futility of your approach.  And as always the wronger you know you are the more aggressive and insulting you get.  You are like our very own Donald Trump.

More blah blah blah from you. The 'substantive' difference is clearly there to see for someone that 'wants' to see it. You don't.
Enlighten me then. What is the substantive difference, other than yours is based on the facts on the ground today, where as the system put in place in 2010 was based on the facts 9n the ground in 2010. You have not explained it, I suspect because there is none and like Donald Trump you view not merely admitting error as weakness, but being open to competing arguments and evidence as weakness as well.

You would rather spend your every waking hour finding ways to disagree with anything I say. As I said it's something in your mental makeup. Because the simple truth is that nobody would disagree with someone as much as you do me. The odds would rule against that eventuality as a long shot of the ages. I'm not an obvious dolt like James so you clearly have a problem.
I dispute with you when you say something stupid, or when you go full Trump and go into insult mode rather than admit you're opinion might.have flaws. That this seems to happen a lot should tell you something about you.

I suspect the reason you like to insult James so much is that he has consistently shown he knows more about the off field aspects of college football than you do. You have strong knowledge of the game on the field but the minute you talk about anything else you ARE an obvious dolt. And get abusive and insulting as soon as that gets pointed out to you.

It borders on a fixation, not healthy lad. I've outlined the reason for that problem several times over the years here. You and I both know exactly what it is.

Give it a rest for a few days, you're efforts are getting more imbecilic than usual. Go see a show, take a walk in the desert, ice skate on the moon, examine the inside of your rectum for the umpteenth time. Then come back with something at least resembling intelligence. Resembling might be the best you can do, but it would be an improvement.
As always, the shakier your ground, the more insulting you get. You really are the forum Donald Trump. With less money and I suspect better hair.

Go back and see who threw the first insult. November 28, 2018, 04:52:24 PM You crossed the line right then, 'Foolish', 'hermetically sealed' brain. Those aren't words of, hey Dude what's up how's the family.

And, as always, they gotten nastier as you've gone. So for something you say I do, but it's just to mask what you are actually guilty of beginning time and time again. Unfortunately that I then give you better than you give seems to, as always, unhinge you. You insult first and then blame me for the escalation because you are incapable of just letting it drop. Don't like the results? Don't complain about it like a child. Stop doing it. That's the answer.

Now you are up to Donald Trump and soon 'I'll be skewering babies while in my cups'. All because you can't just let a simple disagreement of opinions drop. You're driving need to be always right when it comes to any differences of opinion between us and your unwillingness to just let it drop is the problem. As I said I gave several opportunities for you to just let it be. You're ultra competiveness when it comes to me is childish.
Same as it ever was. Never change, cap. Sputtering incoherent rage looks.good on you.

And you still cannot identify a single substantive difference between your proposal and Leaders and Legends.

More blah blah blah from you as expected.

As I said, if you go back and examine it the substantive difference between Leaders and Legends, and what is currently being used for that matter, and what I've suggested is as plain as day. I've even explained it you.

You're just willfully being a dick.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 02:36:42 PM by CaptainCargo »
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: November 29, 2018, 02:55:02 PM »

Has LSU finally gotten their QB?

https://n.rivals.com/news/commitment-breakdown-lsu-beats-georgia-miami-and-others-for-max-johnson

Max Johnson is the No. 6 pro-style quarterback in the country and he has quietly been going through the recruiting process for two years. He does not talk about visits, he keeps to himself about his favorites and he has quietly committed to LSU.

Johnson is a national prospect with a national offer list, and he had been focused on Georgia, Miami, North Carolina, Wisconsin and LSU for some time without letting it be known.

Months ago, Johnson had let schools like Alabama and Ohio State they weren’t right for him. Johnson has camped at LSU, he has visited for numerous games and he and his family have built relationships with the coaching staff without publicizing it over the last 24 months. Now, the Tigers have beat out the in-state Bulldogs, Hurricanes, Tar Heels, Badgers and others for this Rivals100 talent

WHO IT HURTS MOST:

This one stings in Athens. Georgia has gone hard after Johnson for well over a year. Not only did the coaching staff recruit him, but some UGA commits have been involved too. He is 10 minutes away from the Georgia campus, he is arguably their top 2020 quarterback target, and to lose him to another SEC school, is tough.

Miami is right there with Georgia and you could say Florida State. Mark Richt is his uncle, so that is a strong family connection. His father, Brad Johnson played at Florida State, so there is a tie to Tallahassee too. The Seminoles were eliminated when Willie Taggart took the job due to his offense. The Hurricanes stayed in it, but Johnson wanted to go off and do his own thing.

Another school that was very much in this race was Wisconsin. Not many were talking about the Badgers, but Johnson quietly made quite a few trips to Madison and they finished No. 2 in this race.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: November 29, 2018, 03:06:05 PM »

This game is always chippy. This might be one of the chippiest in quite awhile.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25404588/first-oklahoma-texas-rematch-115-years-fueled-trash-talk

... After Texas defeated Iowa State, Longhorns defensive end Breckyn Hager was informed that Oklahoma's struggling defense had surrendered 40 points to last-place Kansas, making the Sooners the first team since the Associated Press poll debuted in 1936 to win three games in a row while still giving up at least 40 points.

Hager was walking back to the Texas locker room when he turned around and said, "Hey, OU has no defense."

Hager stopped again, pointed to a nearby clock and added: "Wait, wait -- it's 11:12 and what? OU still sucks."

LOL, now that's some good shit right there.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: November 29, 2018, 03:49:22 PM »

The Big Whatever already did precisely what you want the to do. Divided the traditional powers into two divisions.

Once again not the way I suggest. Which you seem to be willfully ignoring. You're good at that even though you have to know you aren't getting it by me.

They had the wrong formula. Fucked it up a second time too. That's the point I'm making and you've said little to change my mind.

You disagree, I get it.
The only difference between what the Big Whatever did in 2010 and what you propose is they aligned to divisions based on the strengths of the programs in 2010. That there would be a different alignment 8 years later underscores.the foolishness of your approach. That you think think there is any real difference between Leaders and Legends and your lineup, other than snark, underscores the hermetically sealed and locked nature.of your mind.  That you will not change your mind when confronted with opposing facts is the sad reality anyone who ever posted with you has been forced to acknowledge.

You haven't given me any opposing 'facts' sufficient to change my position. Don't blame me because you were incapable of mounting a good enough argument to do so. Lashing out is some sort of defense mechanism inherent in your basic mental makeup. Try as I might I've never figured out a way to wean you off from it. And that is really my only failure.

The real sad reality is simply that. Your juvenile bordering on imbecilic attempts to blame me for your incompetence is something I've had to put up with for years.

Couldn't just agree to disagree once again. Although I provided you with several opportunities. C'est la gare.
You have not identified a single substantive difference between Leaders and Legends and your cockamamie idea, except L and L switched MSU and PSU from your plan.  That is it.  Your way - dividing up the league by separating traditional powers - was precisely what the Big Whatever did. That the fourth team in that top 4 was not MSU but Nebraska points out the long term futility of your approach.  And as always the wronger you know you are the more aggressive and insulting you get.  You are like our very own Donald Trump.

More blah blah blah from you. The 'substantive' difference is clearly there to see for someone that 'wants' to see it. You don't.
Enlighten me then. What is the substantive difference, other than yours is based on the facts on the ground today, where as the system put in place in 2010 was based on the facts 9n the ground in 2010. You have not explained it, I suspect because there is none and like Donald Trump you view not merely admitting error as weakness, but being open to competing arguments and evidence as weakness as well.

You would rather spend your every waking hour finding ways to disagree with anything I say. As I said it's something in your mental makeup. Because the simple truth is that nobody would disagree with someone as much as you do me. The odds would rule against that eventuality as a long shot of the ages. I'm not an obvious dolt like James so you clearly have a problem.
I dispute with you when you say something stupid, or when you go full Trump and go into insult mode rather than admit you're opinion might.have flaws. That this seems to happen a lot should tell you something about you.

I suspect the reason you like to insult James so much is that he has consistently shown he knows more about the off field aspects of college football than you do. You have strong knowledge of the game on the field but the minute you talk about anything else you ARE an obvious dolt. And get abusive and insulting as soon as that gets pointed out to you.

It borders on a fixation, not healthy lad. I've outlined the reason for that problem several times over the years here. You and I both know exactly what it is.

Give it a rest for a few days, you're efforts are getting more imbecilic than usual. Go see a show, take a walk in the desert, ice skate on the moon, examine the inside of your rectum for the umpteenth time. Then come back with something at least resembling intelligence. Resembling might be the best you can do, but it would be an improvement.
As always, the shakier your ground, the more insulting you get. You really are the forum Donald Trump. With less money and I suspect better hair.

Go back and see who threw the first insult. November 28, 2018, 04:52:24 PM You crossed the line right then, 'Foolish', 'hermetically sealed' brain. Those aren't words of, hey Dude what's up how's the family.

And, as always, they gotten nastier as you've gone. So for something you say I do, but it's just to mask what you are actually guilty of beginning time and time again. Unfortunately that I then give you better than you give seems to, as always, unhinge you. You insult first and then blame me for the escalation because you are incapable of just letting it drop. Don't like the results? Don't complain about it like a child. Stop doing it. That's the answer.

Now you are up to Donald Trump and soon 'I'll be skewering babies while in my cups'. All because you can't just let a simple disagreement of opinions drop. You're driving need to be always right when it comes to any differences of opinion between us and your unwillingness to just let it drop is the problem. As I said I gave several opportunities for you to just let it be. You're ultra competiveness when it comes to me is childish.
Same as it ever was. Never change, cap. Sputtering incoherent rage looks.good on you.

And you still cannot identify a single substantive difference between your proposal and Leaders and Legends.

As I said, if you go back and examine it the substantive difference between Leaders and Legends, and what is currently being used for that matter, and what I've suggested is as plain as day. I've even explained it you.
No, you have not. You have simply stated it is somehow different. The only difference is L and L was.ser in 2010's reality and yours is 2018. You are blind to the idea that 2026 will likewise produce a set of facts leaving your fix out dated. The Big Whatever tried precisely what you recommend, and got rid.of it in 3 years.

You are being yourself, which as always works out the same.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: November 29, 2018, 03:54:30 PM »

You disagree, I get it.

No, you have not. You have simply stated it is somehow different. The only difference is L and L was.ser in 2010's reality and yours is 2018. You are blind to the idea that 2026 will likewise produce a set of facts leaving your fix out dated. The Big Whatever tried precisely what you recommend, and got rid.of it in 3 years.

You are being yourself, which as always works out the same.

More blah blah blah.

The BIG 10 did not do 'precisely' what I recommended. They tried twice to tweak their formula to get it correct, but they failed both times.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: November 29, 2018, 05:39:51 PM »

the shakier your ground, the more insulting you get. You really are the forum Donald Trump

hmmm...anyone else see a problem here?
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: November 29, 2018, 05:40:49 PM »

Why isn't anyone arguing about where Kliff Kingsbury is going to land?   :)
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: November 29, 2018, 05:50:14 PM »

the shakier your ground, the more insulting you get. You really are the forum Donald Trump

Calling someone "the forum Donald Trump" was too low a blow even for a forum where things like, "Go Fuck yourself, Forum Nazi" are.common?

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: November 29, 2018, 05:51:19 PM »

Cleveland Browns OC?

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: November 29, 2018, 05:56:32 PM »

Calling someone "the forum Donald Trump" was too low a blow even for a forum where things like, "Go Fuck yourself, Forum Nazi" are.common?

I simply meant the relationship of the two sentences.  You were berating him for hurling insults and then directly followed with what I assumed to be your preeminent insult.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: November 29, 2018, 05:59:52 PM »

I simply meant the relationship of the two sentences.  You were berating him for hurling insults and then directly followed with what I assumed to be your preeminent insult.
I meant that descripitvely rather than pejoratively.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: November 29, 2018, 06:05:07 PM »

Always entertaining...

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: November 29, 2018, 06:11:46 PM »

I didn't know he was leaving.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: November 29, 2018, 06:14:05 PM »

That's not what he meant bro. But it's cool, I'm trying my level best to be patient with you. I think I'm doing quite well compared to past events.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: November 29, 2018, 06:14:51 PM »

Fuck Woody Hayes, a minor pleasure to retire him...
Is that the same sort of pleasure you got when you were bragging about how Clemson hurt Braxton Miller and knocked him out of the game? Chump.

Wrong, I wrote a post in admiration of Braxton Miller’s effort, the point of which was to illustrate that it was hard to hate/dismiss a team that had a player that demonstrated that kind of grit and heart.  I love Braxton Miller for that game, I think you are remembering wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 329