Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 264637 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #1695 on: December 30, 2018, 05:07:26 PM »

True interesting fact: 7 of 9 first round games have been decided by 17 points or more. I think it will soon be 8 of 10.
Another reason we don’t need more than 4 teams.
So you do not think the performance of OLotPT does not make a decent argument for including Georgia?
Of course not.

I seem to remember you mentioning something about the Big getting both Michigan and OSU in earlier this year.  Have you forgotten that?
There was a chance of that.  But the teams aren’t picked until all the games are played.
Regardless, that speculation has no connection to the expansion talk regarding the number
of playoff teams.

Wrong. It has everything to do with it. Your lack of vision again.
My speculation on 2  conference teams making the playoff was limited to a field of four.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 05:10:19 PM by Espnthree »

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: December 30, 2018, 05:20:11 PM »

At issue in college football is just how teams are getting such an edge.  Is Bama guilty of something ?

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: December 30, 2018, 05:28:59 PM »

Futher evidence that College Football needs New Year’s Day to maximize TVRatings.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/college-football-playoff-semifinal-tv-ratings-2017-games-new-years-163742033.html

Fewer viewers this year because the games were played on December 29. (The Rose Bowl and the Sugar Bowl are ALWAYS played on New Years by contract meaning the semis only get NYD once every three years)
Next year the semis will be held on December 28.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: December 30, 2018, 05:30:38 PM »

At issue in college football is just how teams are getting such an edge.  Is Bama guilty of something ?
Yeah.
Being good.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: December 30, 2018, 05:35:34 PM »

Yes, they are guilty of recruiting better than anyone else. After that if your are talking about recruiting violations none have come up in the last decade.

And I would think every supposed 'reporter' out there is looking under every rock. Either there is no violations or Nicky is damned good at hiding them. 
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: December 30, 2018, 05:38:23 PM »

True interesting fact: 7 of 9 first round games have been decided by 17 points or more. I think it will soon be 8 of 10.
So you do not think the performance of OLotPT does not make a decent argument for including Georgia?
Of course not.

I seem to remember you mentioning something about the Big getting both Michigan and OSU in earlier this year.  Have you forgotten that?
There was a chance of that.  But the teams aren’t picked until all the games are played.
Regardless, that speculation has no connection to the expansion talk regarding the number
of playoff teams.

My speculation on 2  conference teams making the playoff was limited to a field of four.

Not in the context of Steve's question. If I understood it correctly.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: December 30, 2018, 06:02:07 PM »

Other than Alabama last year--how many 3 and 4 seeds have won?
How.soon we forget. OSU was a 4 in year one. Oregon was the 3.

Oregon didn't win the championship.  I guess I did forget about OSU.   Have to look at that year more closely I guess to distill my thesis...  :)
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: December 30, 2018, 06:03:43 PM »

Fewer viewers this year because the games were played on December 29.

At least part of it was probably that the games were not very good
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: December 30, 2018, 06:05:10 PM »

Mark Richt "retires" from the U.

And Lane Kiffin wearing a UM hat last night...

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: December 30, 2018, 06:07:04 PM »

If Cristobal quits to accept the Miami position, there will be mass Seppuku in Eugene

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: December 30, 2018, 06:35:03 PM »

Of course not.

of playoff teams.

Apples and Oranges.
Georgia, as the Committee took great pains to explain, was left out because it did not win a championship. The fact that Oklahoma and Georgia were considered practically equal in performance forced the Committee to use CGs as the tiebreaker. 

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: December 30, 2018, 07:06:36 PM »

Of course not.

of playoff teams.

Apples and Oranges.
Georgia, as the Committee took great pains to explain, was left out because it did not win a championship. The fact that Oklahoma and Georgia were considered practically equal in performance forced the Committee to use CGs as the tiebreaker.

Not apples and oranges in the context of the question.

Now, as to your recent comment above concerning Oklahoma, Georgia and the CG guideline.

That could lead one to realize that the committee's rules may not be entirely conducive to their stated goal of putting the four best teams in the lineup.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: December 30, 2018, 07:32:38 PM »

Other than Alabama last year--how many 3 and 4 seeds have won?
How.soon we forget. OSU was a 4 in year one. Oregon was the 3.

Oregon didn't win the championship.  I guess I did forget about OSU.   Have to look at that year more closely I guess to distill my thesis...  :)
I thought you meant win in the 1st.round.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: December 30, 2018, 07:33:22 PM »

Coach sold soul to devil.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: December 30, 2018, 07:52:46 PM »

Of course not.

of playoff teams.

Apples and Oranges.

Not apples and oranges in the context of the question.
Whiskeypriest’s question was a response to my statement that the playoff should be limited to four teams. I restated that position. If you saw another context feel free to change the subject.

Now, as to your recent comment above concerning Oklahoma, Georgia and the CG guideline.

That could lead one to realize that the committee's rules may not be entirely conducive to their stated goal of putting the four best teams in the lineup.
They haven’t failed yet.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 329