Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What will be the outcome of Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

Russia will gain eastern Ukraine territories and hold them, as it has Crimea
- 5 (45.5%)
Russia will temporarily gain eastern Ukraine territories before being forced out of them
- 2 (18.2%)
Efforts to confront the Russian forces and get them out of Ukraine will lead to Putin's escalating and attacking NATO countries directly with missiles or other destructive measures
- 0 (0%)
The NATO/World response will be so mild that Putin will go ahead and take the rest of Ukraine
- 3 (27.3%)
Today Ukraine, tomorrow Moldova and who knows where else
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 01, 2022, 01:18:43 PM

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 145

Author Topic: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine  (Read 43413 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #1230 on: May 23, 2022, 02:16:30 PM »

KTLA 5 News

1 hour

A Ukrainian court has sentenced a 21-year-old Russian soldier to life in prison for killing a Ukrainian civilian.

-------------------

The world is documenting Putin's crimes, and the bad guys are going to be held accountable.

A Russian soldier was sentenced for war crimes and many more will follow.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: May 23, 2022, 04:50:33 PM »

Ah yes, war crimes.
If only someone had put a bullet in the unarmed WW1 German soldier Adolf Hitler.

Go woke, go broke.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: May 23, 2022, 06:03:23 PM »

A 20 year veteran of Russias diplomatic service announced his resignation Monday in protest of his countrys  war on Ukraine, multiple media outlets reported. 

In a rare public protest by a Russian official, Boris Bondarev, a diplomat posted to Russias  mission to the United Nations in Geneva, posted a statement on a LinkedIn account condemning Russia  invasion of Ukraine and criticizing the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs for complicity in what he described as an an  aggressive war  language that is proscribed in Russia under wartime censorship laws.

For twenty years of my diplomatic career I have seen different turns of our foreign policy, but never have I been so ashamed of my country as on February 24 of this year, Bondarev wrote, referring to Russian President Vladimir Putin's decision to invade Ukraine.  The aggressive war unleashed by Putin against Ukraine, and in fact against the entire Western world, is not only a crime against the Ukrainian people, but also, perhaps, the most serious crime against the people of Russia, with a bold letter Z crossing out all hopes and prospects for a prosperous free society in our country.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1233 on: May 23, 2022, 07:21:40 PM »

A 20 year veteran of Russias diplomatic service announced his resignation Monday in protest of his countrys  war on Ukraine, multiple media outlets reported. 

In a rare public protest by a Russian official, Boris Bondarev, a diplomat posted to Russias  mission to the United Nations in Geneva, posted a statement on a LinkedIn account condemning Russia  invasion of Ukraine and criticizing the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs for complicity in what he described as an an  aggressive war  language that is proscribed in Russia under wartime censorship laws.

For twenty years of my diplomatic career I have seen different turns of our foreign policy, but never have I been so ashamed of my country as on February 24 of this year, Bondarev wrote, referring to Russian President Vladimir Putin's decision to invade Ukraine.  The aggressive war unleashed by Putin against Ukraine, and in fact against the entire Western world, is not only a crime against the Ukrainian people, but also, perhaps, the most serious crime against the people of Russia, with a bold letter Z crossing out all hopes and prospects for a prosperous free society in our country.

Well, yeah.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: May 23, 2022, 11:58:30 PM »

I keep hearing that "Ukraine is winning the war".
Then on tv I see Mariupol in ruins and POWs being driven away.

Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: May 24, 2022, 12:20:32 AM »

Ukraine is a big country, bambu, and their men have not been tenderized and emasculated by a lifetime diet of Fox News.

Ukrainians are still fighting while more and more Russian soldiers refuse. 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1237 on: May 24, 2022, 12:39:41 AM »

I keep hearing that "Ukraine is winning the war".
Then on tv I see Mariupol in ruins and POWs being driven away.

Considering this was supposed to be over in 3 days and now we are 3 months down the road so I guess it cannot be said Russia is winning.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: May 25, 2022, 12:32:24 AM »

Ukraine is a big country, bambu, and their men have not been tenderized and emasculated by a lifetime diet of Fox News.

Why would Russian soldiers want to fight in this stoopid war of Putin's?
Defending the Russian homeland from invasion by the Nazis was one thing...this war is totally different.
Go woke, go broke.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1239 on: May 25, 2022, 09:25:07 AM »

Why would Russian soldiers want to fight in this stoopid war of Putin's?
Defending the Russian homeland from invasion by the Nazis was one thing...this war is totally different.

No shit..

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: May 26, 2022, 07:12:56 PM »

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/26/russia-slams-sanctions-seeks-to-blame-west-for-food-crisis

Russia wants to blame the West for the food crisis, because of course their war has nothing to do with it.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1242 on: May 26, 2022, 08:38:56 PM »

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/26/russia-slams-sanctions-seeks-to-blame-west-for-food-crisis

Russia wants to blame the West for the food crisis, because of course their war has nothing to do with it.

Just like the GOP

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: May 27, 2022, 07:02:38 PM »

-zzzzzzz..

Are Ukraine and Joe Biden still winning?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: May 27, 2022, 11:14:28 PM »

-zzzzzzz..

Are Ukraine and Joe Biden still winning?

You are such an incredible asshole.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 145