Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What will be the outcome of Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

Russia will gain eastern Ukraine territories and hold them, as it has Crimea
- 5 (45.5%)
Russia will temporarily gain eastern Ukraine territories before being forced out of them
- 2 (18.2%)
Efforts to confront the Russian forces and get them out of Ukraine will lead to Putin's escalating and attacking NATO countries directly with missiles or other destructive measures
- 0 (0%)
The NATO/World response will be so mild that Putin will go ahead and take the rest of Ukraine
- 3 (27.3%)
Today Ukraine, tomorrow Moldova and who knows where else
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 01, 2022, 01:18:43 PM

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 145

Author Topic: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine  (Read 43670 times)

LarryB!

• View Profile
Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #1935 on: July 02, 2023, 08:56:57 PM »

US President Biden has promised to go to war with China if it attacks Taiwan.

Which is Beltway speak for China will not invade Taiwan considering the amount of weaponry and resources Western powers bring to bear for Taiwan.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: July 02, 2023, 10:05:37 PM »

US President Biden has promised to go to war with China if it attacks Taiwan.

Which is Beltway speak for China will not invade Taiwan considering the amount of weaponry and resources Western powers bring to bear for Taiwan.

China is smart and they can do the math, the benefits for being friends with the West and with the USA are great, while the punishment for being an enemy would be horrible, and thus the Chinese are going to choose peace, no one wants a blood-bath, especially when there is no reward and only punishment for the act of hostility.

Plus, the Chinese have always been a big part of America. The Chinese helped to build our Railroads here in the USA, and we have successful China Towns in many cities in the USA including in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, and now there is a growing China Town in Las Vegas. Our wonderful Chinese-Americans can be our ambassadors to China.

I helped with diplomacy between China and the USA, I had a roommate who was the daughter of a Chinese general, I made peace with her, I liked her, she was a nice lady. She said that I was smart like a doctor. I was driving a limousine at that time, but I had already spent a few years studying, we were the official limousine service for the Jay Leno show. Anyhow, the daughter of the Chinese general treated me with respect, and she treated me as an equal, and as a valuable member of our household, and she said she liked having me in the house and that I made her feel safe. But, we had 2 security gates to go through on the way to our house, plus cameras, and motion detectors with spot lights, etc, plus dogs, etc, our house was very safe. It had to be safe because if something happened to the daughter of a Chinese general then it would create an international issue. I used Roy Rogers and Dale Evans as my Character References to get into the Beach House in Malibu, my Brother was married to their Granddaughter. Anyhow, I conducted diplomacy on behalf of the USA in regard to China.

Blessed are the Peacemakers.

And as the Chinese do manufacturing then the West can help to send food to China so that the Chinese eat well.

The Chinese can also go on vacation in Australia, etc.

The Chinese can also learn architecture from the Greeks, and Italians, and from the Spaniards, etc.

I really want for us to have a good and productive relationship with the Chinese. I do not want war, war is stupid. We have so much to gain by having peace and by having positive interaction, etc. And we can work together to cure Cancer, and the Chinese can go with us to Mars, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: July 02, 2023, 10:13:57 PM »

Sorry sleepy Joe but a president can't declare war. Sabre rattling is dangerous. I am not willing to go to war over Taiwan. Cold war mentality. Does he even know this is 2023?
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: July 02, 2023, 10:45:42 PM »

California is a garden, and we can send a Mission of Commerce Appreciation from California to China, and we can show-case our wide array of food products that we can send to China. As China sends us ships full of products then we need for the ships to return full of wine from California and with food products to feed the workers of China. We need to let the Chinese know that we appreciate world trade and peace, and that it is our pleasure to enjoy world trade. Everyone wins with peace and world trade.

And all of Latin America can send food products and coffee and wine, etc, to China.

Australia can be the Vacation Destination for the Chinese, and the young Australians can study and learn how to work at the Resorts, and the Australians can learn how to be Chefs, and Bar Tenders, and Swim Instructors, and Dive Instructors, and Surfing Instructors, etc. And the Chinese can go to Rugby games, and to Volleyball matches, etc.

NASA can improve relations with China, as can the American Cancer Association, etc.

There are many things that we can do to actively promote peace with China.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: July 04, 2023, 12:56:07 PM »

California is a garden, and we can send a Mission of Commerce Appreciation from California to China, and we can show-case our wide array of food products that we can send to China. As China sends us ships full of products then we need for the ships to return full of wine from California and with food products to feed the workers of China. We need to let the Chinese know that we appreciate world trade and peace, and that it is our pleasure to enjoy world trade. Everyone wins with peace and world trade.

And all of Latin America can send food products and coffee and wine, etc, to China.

Australia can be the Vacation Destination for the Chinese, and the young Australians can study and learn how to work at the Resorts, and the Australians can learn how to be Chefs, and Bar Tenders, and Swim Instructors, and Dive Instructors, and Surfing Instructors, etc. And the Chinese can go to Rugby games, and to Volleyball matches, etc.

NASA can improve relations with China, as can the American Cancer Association, etc.

There are many things that we can do to actively promote peace with China.

Salute,

Tony V.

Bottomline of Plan Tony:  if only all the people of all the countries in all the world
would only become like ME, What a Wonderful World this would be!

https://youtu.be/ib-Qiyklq-Q

Walter Sobchak

• View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: July 04, 2023, 04:01:41 PM »

I remember the early seventies National Lampoon parody of the famous hilltop Coke ad....

Id like to give the world a hug.
And tell it jokes and stuff.
Then pull its pants down to its shoes
And chase it through the rough.
Id tie it up with bonds and straps
And check its purse for change.
Then leave it out at Moose Grin Hall
With our cousin who's deranged 

Walter Sobchak

• View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: July 04, 2023, 04:04:36 PM »

Holy fuck, it took that last apostrophe!  I had forgotten to delete it but it accepted it.  Wonder if Liquid finally fixed the text editor.

Walter Sobchak

• View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: July 04, 2023, 04:07:05 PM »

Doesn't

Mustn't

Won't

can't

Walter Sobchak

• View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: July 04, 2023, 04:07:51 PM »

Wooooooohooooooo!  Let the apostrophes roll!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: July 04, 2023, 05:27:42 PM »

Well ain

Ok. Now I

Am jealous
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: July 04, 2023, 06:49:27 PM »

shan't
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: July 04, 2023, 09:15:24 PM »

Shouldn't
Wouldn't
Couldn't
Didn't
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: July 04, 2023, 09:20:36 PM »

Wind and solar, with storage, are saving Texas.  Catherine Rampell gives them their due.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/07/04/renewable-energy-texas-heat/

And welcome back, little apostrophes.

Let's see if quotes are "also" now "working" again.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: July 05, 2023, 02:15:41 AM »

It

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: July 05, 2023, 09:16:36 AM »

Not my favorite Stephen King novel.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 145