Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 608

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 179057 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #8925 on: June 04, 2024, 06:32:47 AM »

Only the ones who need to go. You should get out more. It may help you come to some less dim understanding of the world.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8926 on: June 04, 2024, 08:11:33 AM »

5,075,907 people in Australia are Roman Catholic.

According to the 2021 Australian Census, the Catholic population was 5,075,907 people, representing about 19.9% of the overall population of Australia.

--

King Charles needs to make peace with the Roman Catholics, and England needs to join on the team with the Roman Catholics, and he needs to give Northern Ireland to Ireland. And of course every nation can benefit from building more schools, and libraries, and from training new Teachers. Pope Francis is a nice man for King Charles to make PEACE with.

Salute,

Tony V.

Can't see Protestants joining the Roman Catholic team anytime soon.
A Pope, not that long ago in time, said [with full authority of the Vatican];

"If it isn't Roman Catholic then it's not a proper church".

The statement...[newspaper wrote "Pope tells Christians"]...took a swipe at Orthodox churches and non-Roman Catholic churches as being "defective".
They were all outraged...and rightly so.

Northern Ireland...British, inhabited by Protestant 'Loyalists' and Roman Catholics.
The Queen, God rest her soul, said that Britain was leaving it up to the people of Northern Ireland to decide what they want to be...Britain or [neutral] Ireland.
Same with the Falkland Islands...Britain or Argentina.

The loyalists in Northern Ireland sing their songs;

The Battle of The Boyne - Ulster Loyalist Song [Youtube]

"Come don your sash and bowler black and join the great parade
We're on our way to celebrate 1688
And better still and more's the thrill just two years further on
When William Prince of Orange won the Battle of The Boyne."

Then ...enter that flag: I must sing it too...as China and its red flag circles. Indigenous have their own flag, so the other Australian flag belongs to 'me'.

Our Union Jack - Ulster Loyalist Song

"Have Britons lost the courage of the glorious days of yore?
Have they lost the valiant spirit which their doughty fathers bore?
They always travelled forward, shall we go tamely back?
Shall we look on while the traitors they destroy our Union Jack?"

Britain today is arguably America's closest/greatest ally.
It is not the 17th Century you fool.

It is to many in Northern Ireland, and elsewhere.
----------
Martin Luther was excommunicated from the Roman Catholic church on Jan 3, 1521.
The theologian became a celebrity, and with his celebrity came a following and a new religion: Lutheranism. And the founding symbol of the Protestant Reformation remains the door of Castle Church, now inscribed in bronze with Luther's 95 Theses.  -    Washington Post
It is also not the 16th Century. Except in your, I am going to say brain.

Oh but it is.
Lutheranism is still alive....and

Five hundred years ago, on Oct. 31, 1517, the small-town monk Martin Luther marched up to the castle church in Wittenberg and nailed his 95 Theses to the door, thus lighting the flame of the Reformation -  the split between the Catholic and Protestant churches.
Luther's act is taught as one of the cornerstones of world history, and remains a lasting symbol of resistance five centuries later.

#####

Some historians say it never happened, even as the Protestant world celebrates the anniversary.

Keep marching!
No historian says it.did not happen, fool.  But a lot of sbit has happened in 500 years. Some of it actually good, like ecumenicalism.
Please. Accept the mystery.

Oiled

• You were such a super lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8927 on: June 04, 2024, 11:50:13 AM »

https://apnews.com/16370ab55af24a44824d3636e8dab61a

Astute political commentary from a 6 year old.
Why sleep at home when you can sleep in Congress?

LarryB!

• View Profile
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8929 on: June 04, 2024, 04:29:58 PM »

The Mexican Market, Northgate, has a whole section of frozen foods which are designed for your microwave, it is great, and the prices are low. Frozen burritos, frozen pizza, hot pockets, White Castle Hamburgers, etc, etc, etc, Corn Dogs, etc, it is great. I wrote to Northgate and I asked them to please open some stores in Australia, with Trader Joe's, and Stater Brothers, and others, and Von's, etc.

Peace is possible. Pope Francis is a good man of peace. And Australia is a good peaceful nation. I was neighbors with Olivia Newton John in Malibu. Princess Diana was buying the house next door to Olivia on PCH. I pray for peace.

Also, I sent a note to Vice President Harris on Facebook, and I asked her to help the people of the Philippines, and also the people of Australia, and Hawaii, etc. I also told her about Queen Farah Pahlavi, and Mahlagha Jaberi.

Peace.

Salute,

Tony V.
Oh my God!.Frozen burritos? In a Grocery Store? What will they think of next?

In some areas they are grateful to have well stocked markets with low prices in their neighborhoods, and each shop has their specialties. In Rome you could get croissants and other fresh baked goods in my neighborhood, and a million different kinds of cheeses, and there was Gianni's coffee shop which had cappuccinos for 60 cents, and espressos for 40 cents, and he made grilled spinach and cheese sandwiches which were awesome. Each area has their specialties.

And in some areas where they do not have any markets at all, or where they have monopolies and expensive markets, such as in Australia, then they would want a Northgate Market, and Trader Joe's, and Von's, and Stater Brothers, etc, we can send ships from California to Australia that are full of goods for the people of Australia.

And they need markets by the universities to have frozen foods for the microwave oven, etc, and for people like Bambu who do not enjoy cooking.

Battle Mountain, Nevada can also use more markets, and so can Elko.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8930 on: June 04, 2024, 04:36:14 PM »

Just like this one

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4987368/user-clip-giuliani-inauguration-03

The six year old is the most mature and well reasoned political thinker currently on the right. He may have Hannitys job by the end of the week.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8931 on: June 04, 2024, 04:53:46 PM »

The Mexican Market, Northgate, has a whole section of frozen foods which are designed for your microwave, it is great, and the prices are low. Frozen burritos, frozen pizza, hot pockets, White Castle Hamburgers, etc, etc, etc, Corn Dogs, etc, it is great. I wrote to Northgate and I asked them to please open some stores in Australia, with Trader Joe's, and Stater Brothers, and others, and Von's, etc.

Peace is possible. Pope Francis is a good man of peace. And Australia is a good peaceful nation. I was neighbors with Olivia Newton John in Malibu. Princess Diana was buying the house next door to Olivia on PCH. I pray for peace.

Also, I sent a note to Vice President Harris on Facebook, and I asked her to help the people of the Philippines, and also the people of Australia, and Hawaii, etc. I also told her about Queen Farah Pahlavi, and Mahlagha Jaberi.

Peace.

Salute,

Tony V.
Oh my God!.Frozen burritos? In a Grocery Store? What will they think of next?

In some areas they are grateful to have well stocked markets with low prices in their neighborhoods, and each shop has their specialties. In Rome you could get croissants and other fresh baked goods in my neighborhood, and a million different kinds of cheeses, and there was Gianni's coffee shop which had cappuccinos for 60 cents, and espressos for 40 cents, and he made grilled spinach and cheese sandwiches which were awesome. Each area has their specialties.

And in some areas where they do not have any markets at all, or where they have monopolies and expensive markets, such as in Australia, then they would want a Northgate Market, and Trader Joe's, and Von's, and Stater Brothers, etc, we can send ships from California to Australia that are full of goods for the people of Australia.

And they need markets by the universities to have frozen foods for the microwave oven, etc, and for people like Bambu who do not enjoy cooking.

Battle Mountain, Nevada can also use more markets, and so can Elko.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yes, frozen foods for the microwave...are great for me.
Also frozen foods for the air fryer...now there's a great invention.

Buy packet of frozen chips [fries], put some chips on rack in air fryer, close door, set timer, push button...and in 16 minutes perfectly cooked fries.
Place crinkle cut fries on plate, add tomato sauce [ketchup] to plate...take one fork, and a five star meal one has. Brilliant.

Frozen meat pie...defrost in microwave for 1,2,3,4 pushes of the defrost button...when done, place in air fryer for 4 minutes...when done, place on plate and add ketchup to top of pie, eat with hands or knife and fork...another perfect hot meal.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8932 on: June 04, 2024, 05:20:16 PM »

Only the ones who need to go. You should get out more. It may help you come to some less dim understanding of the world.

I understand the world just fine.
American style homelessness is now coming to Australia...and is hitting hard ...especially older women, and single mothers with children who've been deserted by their husbands/partners or are escaping domestic violence.
Low income folk, illness, disadvantaged from birth, bad lifestyle and bad financial decisions, etc.
Massive immigration has sent the cost of rentals soaring.

Reading all about it last night I came to the conclusion that a person starting out in Australia as 'average joe' would be best off to train for employment, obtain employment, work hard, save hard, live with parents if they still have any available ...for as long as possible, buy a low price acceptable standard apartment in a building that's not going to collapse, or a modest home, or cabin and land somewhere. Somewhere you own to run to if the going gets tough...especially in "old age" [age 40+ today].

Now you can't even camp permanently on your own land, the local council says "unsafe", "bushfires could come", so it's off to the local park to pitch your tent, set up camp with your kids, or set up mobile camp in front of stores every night. Fight to survive.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8933 on: June 04, 2024, 08:39:47 PM »

Just like this one

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4987368/user-clip-giuliani-inauguration-03

The six year old is the most mature and well reasoned political thinker currently on the right. He may have Hannitys job by the end of the week.

Yeah. At first I thought that grandpa had brought his cute grandson to work but  Eewww

https://prospect.org/politics/how-republican-rep-john-rose-found-his-wife/

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8934 on: June 04, 2024, 11:26:34 PM »

Mexico elected their first Jewish President, maybe Mexico will soon be growing eggplant the size of watermelon. Mexico is investing in high speed trains, and airports, and in new resorts, and they are investing in their ports, etc, Mexico will be great in 20 years and people from Minnesota will want to retire to live on a cheap beach in Mexico.

Also, a rich investor from Monaco just bought a huge chunk of land in the Wine Country of California.

And a favorite in my family during hard times is "Great Depression Stew" where you just cook whatever is cheapest in a pot of stew; potatoes, celery, pasta, green beans, beans, corn, whatever meat is on sale, onions, bell peppers, carrots, etc, etc, etc, diced tomatoes, garlic, etc, topped with Parmasan Cheese, etc.

Also, being from California I love Oranges, I eat oranges everyday.

Also, Colombia is doing great, and they need to remember to expand trade with New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, and Colombian refugees can live in New Orleans, etc.

On the issue of the immigrants, we need to make them legal, and then put them all to work, like Reagan did. They can help to grow food, and build housing, etc, etc, etc, and we can build high speed trains, etc.

And California needs to keep working to expand our entertainment industry, and the San Miguel Corporation from the Philippines can invest in Hollywood, etc.

For the refugees from the Middle East, there is the Kiwanis Village in Victoria, British Columbia, where the children can eat Kellogg's Pop Tarts and where they can watch Disney cartoons while the adults work peaceful forest jobs, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2024, 11:43:37 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8935 on: June 05, 2024, 12:20:24 AM »

According to the Commission on Poverty's last report, published in 2021, the number of people living below the poverty line in Hong Kong had risen to 1.65 million, marking a 26.3 per cent poverty rate. Feb 20, 2024.

----------

The homeless people from Hong Kong can receive free citizenship in El Salvador, which would be way better than poverty in Hong Kong.

Latin America is paradise when compared to living in poverty in Hong Kong.

And Latin America can expand trade with China, etc, and with Taiwan, etc, and with the Philippines, etc, and with India, etc, and with Australia, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8936 on: June 05, 2024, 01:53:46 AM »

5,075,907 people in Australia are Roman Catholic.

According to the 2021 Australian Census, the Catholic population was 5,075,907 people, representing about 19.9% of the overall population of Australia.

--

King Charles needs to make peace with the Roman Catholics, and England needs to join on the team with the Roman Catholics, and he needs to give Northern Ireland to Ireland. And of course every nation can benefit from building more schools, and libraries, and from training new Teachers. Pope Francis is a nice man for King Charles to make PEACE with.

Salute,

Tony V.

Can't see Protestants joining the Roman Catholic team anytime soon.
A Pope, not that long ago in time, said [with full authority of the Vatican];

"If it isn't Roman Catholic then it's not a proper church".

The statement...[newspaper wrote "Pope tells Christians"]...took a swipe at Orthodox churches and non-Roman Catholic churches as being "defective".
They were all outraged...and rightly so.

Northern Ireland...British, inhabited by Protestant 'Loyalists' and Roman Catholics.
The Queen, God rest her soul, said that Britain was leaving it up to the people of Northern Ireland to decide what they want to be...Britain or [neutral] Ireland.
Same with the Falkland Islands...Britain or Argentina.

The loyalists in Northern Ireland sing their songs;

The Battle of The Boyne - Ulster Loyalist Song [Youtube]

"Come don your sash and bowler black and join the great parade
We're on our way to celebrate 1688
And better still and more's the thrill just two years further on
When William Prince of Orange won the Battle of The Boyne."

Then ...enter that flag: I must sing it too...as China and its red flag circles. Indigenous have their own flag, so the other Australian flag belongs to 'me'.

Our Union Jack - Ulster Loyalist Song

"Have Britons lost the courage of the glorious days of yore?
Have they lost the valiant spirit which their doughty fathers bore?
They always travelled forward, shall we go tamely back?
Shall we look on while the traitors they destroy our Union Jack?"

Britain today is arguably America's closest/greatest ally.
It is not the 17th Century you fool.

It is to many in Northern Ireland, and elsewhere.
----------
Martin Luther was excommunicated from the Roman Catholic church on Jan 3, 1521.
The theologian became a celebrity, and with his celebrity came a following and a new religion: Lutheranism. And the founding symbol of the Protestant Reformation remains the door of Castle Church, now inscribed in bronze with Luther's 95 Theses.  -    Washington Post
It is also not the 16th Century. Except in your, I am going to say brain.

Oh but it is.
Lutheranism is still alive....and

Five hundred years ago, on Oct. 31, 1517, the small-town monk Martin Luther marched up to the castle church in Wittenberg and nailed his 95 Theses to the door, thus lighting the flame of the Reformation -  the split between the Catholic and Protestant churches.
Luther's act is taught as one of the cornerstones of world history, and remains a lasting symbol of resistance five centuries later.

#####

Some historians say it never happened, even as the Protestant world celebrates the anniversary.

Keep marching!
No historian says it.did not happen, fool.  But a lot of sbit has happened in 500 years. Some of it actually good, like ecumenicalism.

Yes, and that got trashed when that Pope and the Vatican went on that "if it isn't Roman Catholic then it's not a proper church" rant.
Maybe they were just tired and emotional, or had been testing the wine to make sure it was OK...but they said it...called other churches defective.
I wouldn't believe 100% anything they said ... and my guess is I wouldn't be alone.
Give me the freedom of Orange any and every day.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8937 on: June 05, 2024, 06:12:57 AM »

NYC is finished, major stores closing everywhere, permanently.
Hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of goods being stolen.
Blowtorch was used in one store to get at goods locked up.
Shoplifting rampant, basically just walk in and steal whatever you like in large bags, and walk right out.
Major chain stores have had enough.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8938 on: June 05, 2024, 06:23:53 AM »

Jesus is a fairy tale and god has no way of actually hearing your prayers. You are damned to earth and being a fucktard, but not for much longer. Soon you will be food for something else.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8939 on: June 05, 2024, 11:10:17 AM »

NYC is finished, major stores closing everywhere, permanently.
Hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of goods being stolen.
Blowtorch was used in one store to get at goods locked up.
Shoplifting rampant, basically just walk in and steal whatever you like in large bags, and walk right out.
Major chain stores have had enough.

Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 608