Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 595

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 134766 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #165 on: June 05, 2022, 04:04:42 PM »

The world is drinking Mimosas now, that is wonderful for the California orange juice industry, and I recommend Cold Duck for the poor people to have with their California orange juice.

If we can get the Chinese, and the people of India, to drink Mimosas, with California orange juice, then we can help our homeless people.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 05, 2022, 05:11:17 PM »

When the ships come in bringing stuff from China then we need to send the ships back full of California orange juice and Andre Cold Duck, along with other products from the USA, including beef from Nevada, etc. We need to have reciprocal trade.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 05, 2022, 05:27:01 PM »

The way to get the Chinese and the people from India to drink Mimosas with California orange juice and Cold Duck is with product placement in their movies and television shows, and with advertising, and with public relations, etc. And you have the Governor of California to drink Mimosas made with California orange juice with the President of China, etc.

Early to bed, early to rise, work like hell, and advertise.

Salute,

Tony V.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 05, 2022, 09:35:24 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 05, 2022, 09:40:52 PM »

It is a violation of federal labor law to close a store because workers exercised their legal rights, Ian Hayes, an attorney for Starbucks Workers United wrote in a statement to CNN Business.  We  have no doubt the NLRB will prosecute the company for this illegal union busting, and justice will be done.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/05/business/starbucks-ithaca-store-closure/index.html

yeah good luck with that

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 05, 2022, 10:10:22 PM »

I had a good couple of days, I help to bring a restaurant in Italy together with a restaurant in my hometown of Lancaster, California, the restaurant in Italy wants to sell the best American style hamburgers, I hooked them up with the Texas Cattle Company.

https://www.texascattlelancaster.com/

I also hooked my hometown of Lancaster, California, up with a Hawaiian Barbecue restaurant.

https://www.hawaiianbarbecue.com/

And I tried to help to sell California orange juice to the Chinese and to the people of India, along with Andre Cold Duck, and other products from the USA including beef from Nevada.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #171 on: June 05, 2022, 11:22:34 PM »

It is a violation of federal labor law to close a store because workers exercised their legal rights, Ian Hayes, an attorney for Starbucks Workers United wrote in a statement to CNN Business.  We  have no doubt the NLRB will prosecute the company for this illegal union busting, and justice will be done.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/05/business/starbucks-ithaca-store-closure/index.html

yeah good luck with that

How
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #172 on: June 05, 2022, 11:28:30 PM »

Dems finally caving to get a wise law passed -

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/05/politics/chris-murphy-bipartisan-gun-talks-cnntv/index.html

Yeah, sure.

Like Tim Scott was really gonna make a deal on police reform.

GOP gonna put on a show, not agree to anything substantial and at the moment of truth say Dems were not willing to compromise.

Too bad for them this is not gonna blow over.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 06, 2022, 07:59:38 AM »

Well, no - this time Dems ARE compromising - that's the point.  Like I said - FINALLY.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 06, 2022, 11:04:48 AM »

Well, no - this time Dems ARE compromising - that's the point.  Like I said - FINALLY.
Republicans continue to oppose a law that has the support of 90% of Americans - universal background checks - and DEMOCRATS are the ones that will not compromise? I would say you have to be joking if I thought you capable of it.
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #175 on: June 06, 2022, 11:47:13 AM »

Up is down and in is out.

The fuck out of here.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 06, 2022, 09:23:49 PM »

Rick Caruso is a billionaire, so if he wants to help the homeless and stuff like he says he does then he can do it even if he loses the election. He could have been helping the homeless people all along if he really cared.

And the scumbags who have been in office this whole time who allowed there to be 60,000 homeless people on the streets of Los Angeles need to all be fired, they are all corrupt. They are living the good life while we have 60,000 homeless people on the streets of Los Angeles.

I am just another one of the poor homeless people, you cannot blame me for the situation here. I tried to help people and I tried to bring jobs to Los Angeles, I cared and I tried.

I had a roommate in Malibu who was the daughter of a General in China, and I tried to get her to understand that all of the cheap crap from China was causing everyone to go out of business, and I told her they needed to get the wages up in China, they needed to be paid better in China, and they needed to buy goods from the USA, we needed fair trade.

I have tried to help.

I went to the Vatican in 2003 and I tried to meet with Pope John Paul II to explain to him what was happening here in Southern California as all of the jobs left. I tried to explain the situation to the Pope.

I guess the main thing is to just never give up, but it is hard, and some people are so corrupt, we just removed a corrupt Mayor in Anaheim. It is so hard for the good, honest people.

On the issue of Caruso, he can help the homeless even if he loses, he is a billionaire.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 06, 2022, 10:21:51 PM »

If he wanted to do it, he could have done it years before getting into the election. Gives one a reason to doubt if he really wants to do it or just thinks it is a winning elect issue.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #178 on: June 06, 2022, 11:11:01 PM »

Rick Caruso is a billionaire, so if he wants to help the homeless and stuff like he says he does then he can do it even if he loses the election. He could have been helping the homeless people all along if he really cared.

And the scumbags who have been in office this whole time who allowed there to be 60,000 homeless people on the streets of Los Angeles need to all be fired, they are all corrupt. They are living the good life while we have 60,000 homeless people on the streets of Los Angeles.

I am just another one of the poor homeless people, you cannot blame me for the situation here. I tried to help people and I tried to bring jobs to Los Angeles, I cared and I tried.

I had a roommate in Malibu who was the daughter of a General in China, and I tried to get her to understand that all of the cheap crap from China was causing everyone to go out of business, and I told her they needed to get the wages up in China, they needed to be paid better in China, and they needed to buy goods from the USA, we needed fair trade.

I have tried to help.

I went to the Vatican in 2003 and I tried to meet with Pope John Paul II to explain to him what was happening here in Southern California as all of the jobs left. I tried to explain the situation to the Pope.

I guess the main thing is to just never give up, but it is hard, and some people are so corrupt, we just removed a corrupt Mayor in Anaheim. It is so hard for the good, honest people.

On the issue of Caruso, he can help the homeless even if he loses, he is a billionaire.

Salute,

Tony V.

When a billionaire spends $40 million to win a primary in order to get a job you should wonder what is his motivation.

He could more to help the homeless without having to negotiate through the city council, state legislature, etc.

Also, why did he become a Democrat two weeks before he filed to run in the Democratic primary?

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #179 on: June 07, 2022, 09:46:40 AM »

Democrats will have a tough fight for Montana new House seat, where they will be up against Ryan Zinke and his deep-pocketed donors.  Tom Winter, one of the Dem challengers, looks sort of like Central Casting sent him.

https://www.winterformontana.com/about-tom

It'll be interesting to see how the rich colonies in the western half of the state influence the process. 
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 595