Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 561

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 117759 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #645 on: July 30, 2022, 11:25:56 AM »

Just not surprised.

https://www.statnews.com/2022/07/26/ivermectin-has-become-a-popular-treatment-for-long-covid-with-a-push-from-doctors-with-ties-to-right-wing-political-groups

As more people are affected by long Covid, and established, evidence-based medicine struggles to respond, the false promise of ivermectin holds undeniable allure for patients struggling to recover.

yes
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 30, 2022, 12:13:22 PM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 30, 2022, 12:35:00 PM »

Just not surprised.

https://www.statnews.com/2022/07/26/ivermectin-has-become-a-popular-treatment-for-long-covid-with-a-push-from-doctors-with-ties-to-right-wing-political-groups

As more people are affected by long Covid, and established, evidence-based medicine struggles to respond, the false promise of ivermectin holds undeniable allure for patients struggling to recover.

yes

It does not help any to recover, but it will help many of them die.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #648 on: July 30, 2022, 12:37:36 PM »

Republicans mad because Dems actually did politics... so they fuck over vets with cancer.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ted-cruz-steve-daines-fist-bump-blocking-burn-pit-veterans_n_62e4b68ae4b0c60a5668673d
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 30, 2022, 03:23:52 PM »

Russian indicted in Florida.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/russian-national-charged-conspiring-have-us-citizens-act-illegal-agents-russian-government

"Russian propoganda"

Any examples?

How about you read the statement from THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE?

You didn't give me that link

Wow.  This may be a contender for stupidest posting in Elba history.

The entertainment factor here is undeniable.
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 30, 2022, 04:00:08 PM »

International Monetary Fund

July 27

Latin America and the Caribbean have continued their strong post-pandemic rebound, but the winds are shifting as global financial conditions tighten and commodity prices reverse their upward trend, while inflationary pressures persist.

On the back of a solid first half of 2022, and despite an expected slowdown in the second half, the IMF forecasts the region to grow by 3.0% this year.

However, the region faces greater challenges ahead, including tightening global financial conditions, lower global growth, persistent inflation, and increasing social tensions amid growing food and energy insecurity. These factors contribute to the downgrade in growth to 2.0% in 2023.

Read the #IMFBlog: https://bit.ly/3OEGtld

-------------

Times are hard right now, and things are going to get a lot harder according to the IMF.

I sent the World Bank every idea that I could think of to help our world economy. That is all that I can do.

Meanwhile, I am grateful to have food and shelter, and I need to use this opportunity to try to get my movie made or sold, and my book published, and I want to work for free acting in student films in order to see if I can make some money acting, I can make student films and then put my films on You Tube and maybe the right person will see my work and help me.

So far as helping the homeless and the poor, which there will be more of as the economy gets worse, I support Habitat For Humanity, and we need to all get out and work for free to build housing for the homeless people. And if I am going to work hard for free, then I want for my hard work to go towards building nice housing, like in Greece. I do not want to build ghetto housing, I would want to build nice housing if I volunteered.

So we have the issues of food security, and housing security, and health care, which every human being should have globally.

Every area should have Wellness Centers, and Mental Health Associations to help people.

And the people on Social Security need a raise.

Right now all of my family members are signing up for help with food, my Mother is old and retired and on a fixed income and she cannot make it through the month, she had to apply for help with food. So, we have problems with food security right now here in the USA.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 04:07:39 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 30, 2022, 04:26:03 PM »

On the issue of food security, we can bring in the immigrants from our Southern Border and we can put them to work growing food. We can put every available hand to work growing food.

And the immigrants can build housing in Battle Mountain, Nevada, and they can raise pork and beef for the people of San Francisco, etc.

We can also expand our economy by increasing the sale of California orange juice to China and India, etc.

Putin is such an asshole, and he is not helping, the last thing the world needs right now is an asshole like Putin. What a selfish prick.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 30, 2022, 05:47:28 PM »

Right now I am thinking about the movie "The Grapes of Wrath," my family experienced all of that during the Great Depression, my Grandfather hitchhiked from Arkansas to California to find work, and my Grandmother's family came from Colorado to California, and they all picked fruit. They became extremely hard workers, and they rose, but they went through hell for a time.

We need to remember the lessons of the Great Depression, and we need our anti-trust, anti-monopoly rules to be enforced, etc. And we should not be having baby food shortages, WIC should not have only a few suppliers, they need to open up and allow more suppliers.

Also, a lesson from the Great Depression was the importance of labor unions, and when workers are paid fair then it helps the economy. Starving people are not able to negotiate for high wages, so the workers need to join unions so they can bargain collectively. When the workers are paid fair then everyone wins.

We cannot just have a free economy, we need to operate within a framework of rules and laws that prevent another Great Depression from happening, and the workers need unions.

Right now I think a lot of our problems are do to corruption, people are putting themselves first instead of being honest and serving our nation with honor. And here in Anaheim we had a Mayor who was so corrupt that he was going to sell Angel Stadium and get a million dollar kick-back.

Some things that we need to look at are how we brought ourselves out of the Great Depression and steps that were taken to make sure that another Great Depression never happens, and we also need to look at how Reagan saved the world economy when he was President. ( And we know that Reagan got Health Care and Retirement Benefits for the actors when he was head of the Screen Actors Guild. )

One scene from the movie "The Grapes of Wrath" that still rings true, is that the fortunate people never understand what it is like for the poor people, and as they looked at the Joad family the fortunate people said that they could never understand how the poor people live like that, as if being poor was a choice that the people made. If people knew what it was really like then there would be more of a sense of urgency to help our homeless people and our poor.

We need to learn from the Great Depression, and we need to make sure that another Great Depression never happens.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 05:50:28 PM by FlyingVProd »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #653 on: July 30, 2022, 07:28:36 PM »

Right now I am thinking about the movie "The Grapes of Wrath," my family experienced all of that during the Great Depression, my Grandfather hitchhiked from Arkansas to California to find work, and my Grandmother's family came from Colorado to California, and they all picked fruit. They became extremely hard workers, and they rose, but they went through hell for a time.

We need to remember the lessons of the Great Depression, and we need our anti-trust, anti-monopoly rules to be enforced, etc. And we should not be having baby food shortages, WIC should not have only a few suppliers, they need to open up and allow more suppliers.

Also, a lesson from the Great Depression was the importance of labor unions, and when workers are paid fair then it helps the economy. Starving people are not able to negotiate for high wages, so the workers need to join unions so they can bargain collectively. When the workers are paid fair then everyone wins.

We cannot just have a free economy, we need to operate within a framework of rules and laws that prevent another Great Depression from happening, and the workers need unions.

Right now I think a lot of our problems are do to corruption, people are putting themselves first instead of being honest and serving our nation with honor. And here in Anaheim we had a Mayor who was so corrupt that he was going to sell Angel Stadium and get a million dollar kick-back.

Some things that we need to look at are how we brought ourselves out of the Great Depression and steps that were taken to make sure that another Great Depression never happens, and we also need to look at how Reagan saved the world economy when he was President. ( And we know that Reagan got Health Care and Retirement Benefits for the actors when he was head of the Screen Actors Guild. )

One scene from the movie "The Grapes of Wrath" that still rings true, is that the fortunate people never understand what it is like for the poor people, and as they looked at the Joad family the fortunate people said that they could never understand how the poor people live like that, as if being poor was a choice that the people made. If people knew what it was really like then there would be more of a sense of urgency to help our homeless people and our poor.

We need to learn from the Great Depression, and we need to make sure that another Great Depression never happens.

Salute,

Tony V.

Who would Tom Joad believed cared about his familys plight, Rick Caruso or Karen Bass?

Why?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 30, 2022, 07:32:34 PM »

« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 07:40:00 PM by kidcarter8 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 30, 2022, 07:49:19 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 30, 2022, 08:42:14 PM »

\https://vice.com/en/article/5d3gnx/this-town-closed-its-on/y-library-after-residents-chased-out-lgbtq-workers
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 30, 2022, 08:49:01 PM »

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 30, 2022, 09:12:55 PM »

Hint: On an online forum it's common courtesy to give a brief description when you have linked a blind URL.

Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 30, 2022, 09:40:43 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 561