Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 595

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 135572 times)

LarryB!

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2100 on: December 02, 2022, 10:01:18 PM »

GOP coalesces behind nameless, faceless Thing that is not McCarthy

Alexandra Petri

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/12/02/kevin-mccarthy-speaker-house-alternative-satire/

Alex is amazing. She was whip smart and brilliant as a high schooler.
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: December 03, 2022, 02:44:33 PM »

Yes, more people are living in mobile homes, caravans ( a travel trailer is still a caravan and all the pros and cons that come with them), vans, cars than ever before.

Govt owned and run RV parks would be a good idea.

Having 'lived' 'van life' for 2 years now on Youtube thru the eyes and lives of those doing it...some for fun, others out of necessity...I believe one problem the van lifers have is the cost of staying in said parks to get access to water, electricity, showers, toilets...in safety.

California is very wealthy with a huge tax surplus, the surplus needs to go towards helping the homeless people in California, it is a crisis right now with over 60,000 homeless people on the streets of Los Angeles alone. RV parks are a great idea to help the homeless, and Santa Clarita, and Acton, etc, have some very nice locations for RV and travel trailer parks.

And because California is wealthy, and because the USA is wealthy, the people in the RV parks can have doctors, and pharmacies, etc, and swimming pools, and tennis courts, etc. And they can have stores to buy groceries, and they can have 7 Eleven convenience stores, etc.

It is also good to have activities for the people, so they can socialize and so that they can have a sense of community, and so that they can have a higher quality of life. When I lived in an RV park I used to cook for everyone, and I had a blender and I made margaritas for the people, etc. I had 3 barbecue grills and I made tacos and burritos, and chicken, etc, for the people. The people said that hanging out with me at my RV space was like living in Malibu. We can elevate the whole experience by having social activities for the people, such as having cook outs when the people can all eat together, and they can drink beer and margaritas, etc. During the Great Depression they used to have dances for the people in the tent cities, and that kind of stuff is good.

Also, many of the homeless people are mentally ill and have other medical issues, so the people need doctors and psychiatrists and pharmacies, etc. We are wealthy, and we can provide services for the people here. By having mental health services and other medical services for the people then we can make it much nicer for the people.

There can be workers to keep the landscaping nice, etc. The RV parks can be nice.

Then, for the alcoholics and drug addicts we can have drug treatment camps in Acton, and in Lake Hughes, where they can get help and where they can get started on the 12 step program, etc.

Then of course we can build the Santorini, Greece, style apartments with swimming pools and tennis courts, we can make it very high density like in Greece, so many apartments can fit into a small amount of land, while at the same time they can be beautiful with charm like in Greece.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: December 03, 2022, 03:33:02 PM »

Yes, more people are living in mobile homes, caravans ( a travel trailer is still a caravan and all the pros and cons that come with them), vans, cars than ever before.

Having 'lived' 'van life' for 2 years now on Youtube thru the eyes and lives of those doing it...some for fun, others out of necessity...I believe one problem the van lifers have is the cost of staying in said parks to get access to water, electricity, showers, toilets...in safety.

California is very wealthy with a huge tax surplus, the surplus needs to go towards helping the homeless people in California, it is a crisis right now with over 60,000 homeless people on the streets of Los Angeles alone. RV parks are a great idea to help the homeless, and Santa Clarita, and Acton, etc, have some very nice locations for RV and travel trailer parks.

And because California is wealthy, and because the USA is wealthy, the people in the RV parks can have doctors, and pharmacies, etc, and swimming pools, and tennis courts, etc. And they can have stores to buy groceries, and they can have 7 Eleven convenience stores, etc.

It is also good to have activities for the people, so they can socialize and so that they can have a sense of community, and so that they can have a higher quality of life. When I lived in an RV park I used to cook for everyone, and I had a blender and I made margaritas for the people, etc. I had 3 barbecue grills and I made tacos and burritos, and chicken, etc, for the people. The people said that hanging out with me at my RV space was like living in Malibu. We can elevate the whole experience by having social activities for the people, such as having cook outs when the people can all eat together, and they can drink beer and margaritas, etc. During the Great Depression they used to have dances for the people in the tent cities, and that kind of stuff is good.

Also, many of the homeless people are mentally ill and have other medical issues, so the people need doctors and psychiatrists and pharmacies, etc. We are wealthy, and we can provide services for the people here. By having mental health services and other medical services for the people then we can make it much nicer for the people.

There can be workers to keep the landscaping nice, etc. The RV parks can be nice.

Then, for the alcoholics and drug addicts we can have drug treatment camps in Acton, and in Lake Hughes, where they can get help and where they can get started on the 12 step program, etc.

Then of course we can build the Santorini, Greece, style apartments with swimming pools and tennis courts, we can make it very high density like in Greece, so many apartments can fit into a small amount of land, while at the same time they can be beautiful with charm like in Greece.

Salute,

Tony V.

So, California is a wealthy state with a large tax surplus.
Then the question I must ask is:
Why...are those in power in that state allowing 1 person let alone 60,000 people to be homeless and living and dying in squalor on the streets of LA?
The buck stops at City Hall and at the door of the Governor's mansion.

Oiled

• View Profile
Re: big SCOTUS case coming
« Reply #2103 on: December 04, 2022, 10:00:57 AM »

...The most robust ruling for North Carolina Republicans could undermine more than 170 state constitutional provisions, over 650 state laws delegating authority to make election policies to state and local officials, and thousands of regulations down to the location of polling places, according to the Brennan Center for Justice at the New York University School of Law.   

https://apnews.com/article/us-supreme-court-north-carolina-legislature-50f99679939b5d69d321858066a94639

Luttig, who advised former Vice President Mike Pence that he had no authority to reject electoral votes following the 2020 election, is among several prominent conservatives and Republicans who have lined up against the broad assertion that legislatures cant be challenged in state courts when they make decisions about federal elections, including congressional redistricting.

That group includes former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, law professor Steven Calabresi, a founder of the conservative Federalist Society and Benjamin Ginsberg, a longtime lawyer for Republican candidates and the party...
Why sleep at home when you can sleep in Congress?

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: December 04, 2022, 01:17:25 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

So, California is a wealthy state with a large tax surplus.
Then the question I must ask is:
Why...are those in power in that state allowing 1 person let alone 60,000 people to be homeless and living and dying in squalor on the streets of LA?
The buck stops at City Hall and at the door of the Governor's mansion.

I agree Bambu, the people at the top have been looking the other way as the jobs have left our state and as the numbers of homeless people grow and grow. I do not know if it is corruption, or the leaders not being qualified, but enough is enough, we need to fight to keep our jobs here in California, and we need to create many more jobs here, and we must help our homeless people.

And we can learn from Italy, where they have cheap hostels where people can shower and sleep in a bed for $15 per night.

Yes, we must help our homeless people, and the Mayor of Los Angeles and the Governor of California need to wake up.

And people need to stop with the racism and the sexism, ALL of the homeless people need to be helped regardless of sex or race. We need to help everyone.

Of note too, we need more Mental Health Associations, and Wellness Centers, to help our people.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: December 04, 2022, 01:33:03 PM »

San Bernardino now has the highest crime rate in California, and all of the malls have shut down, San Bernardino is turning into a poor ghetto with high crime. And there is no reason for it, California is rich, and San Bernardino was nice from the 1950s to the 1980s, then they let San Bernardino go down. The first McDonald's was in San Bernardino, San Bernardino used to be great.

We have Sabrina Cervantes who can help in the San Bernardino area. And we need for people to care about San Bernardino.

And the Mexicans can invest in opening malls and shopping centers in San Bernardino, there were some Mexicans who tried to buy Bloomingdales and they can bring back the Broadway Department Store and they can open a Broadway in San Bernardino and in other areas, and the Mexicans can open shopping centers in Kentucky, etc. The Mexicans are welcome to open shopping centers in the USA, including in San Bernardino.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: December 04, 2022, 02:10:48 PM »

There is going to be a new shipping hub in Barstow, California, instead of storing shipping containers in Los Angeles they are going to ship the goods to Barstow, and they are going to build a huge storage and shipping hub in Barstow, then the goods will go from Barstow to the rest of the USA.

Also, goods from the ports in Mexico can go to the transportation hub in Barstow, and then from there to the rest of the USA. Etc.

The congestion in Los Angeles has to be eased, and there is plenty of wide open land in Barstow, so there is going to be a huge hub in Barstow.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: December 05, 2022, 02:48:19 PM »

The pony rides for the children are being stopped at Griffith Park by a few animal rights activists who do not know anything about the West, and about our relationship in the West with horses and ponies. When I was a kid I wanted to be a cowboy, like my ancestors, and I used to dress up like a cowboy with my cowboy hat and toy gun and cowboy boots and I used to ride my pony. My pony was part of our family, and that was how it was for the cowboys, the cowboys all loved their horses. And it is important for the kids in the City to be able to ride ponies and to be exposed to the culture here in the West. The animal rights activists are WRONG and they do not understand the relationship that people in the West have with horses and ponies.

The operators of the pony rides at Griffith Park need to be allowed to continue to provide pony rides for the children in the City.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: December 05, 2022, 08:02:23 PM »

Ah yes, cowboys, horses, ponies, six guns and the West.
Yound mrs bambu was a cowgirl, raised on a cattle, sheep, wheat and other crops farm.
She was 16 when she moved to the big city to find work/career as her father, brother and his family friend could run the farm/ranch by themselves.
At 17 and 20 she and I would go *riding* on the farm when on vacation.
She rode her 'paint' pony and I rode the "feminist' white mare.
One day said mare bolted (didn't like the pony ever getting in front of it), bambu...whose riding skills were basically non-existent, the jockey.
Past the farm house bolting horse went, taking absolutely no notice of my instructions, to the amusement of the gathered family.
Down the slight hill she ran, 100metres away a fence and closed gate.
I thought to myself:
"Horse baulks at gate, over the gate I get thrown, broken neck, dead.
Horse crashes into gate, goes down, my leg gets crushed.
What to do."
I decided I was not getting thrown off under any circumstances, so I dug my legs and heels in, put my head at the side of its neck, my arms around it neck.
The gated loomed, I waited then yanked hard on left rein, horse ran left along the fence, then stopped.
Horse was then happy to walk very slowly back to the farm house.
Cured bambu of horse riding forever.
Quad bikes have replaced horses on the farm.

Learnt to shoot on said farm.
Spotlighting at night, shooting foxes, rabbits, roos, wild pigs
Don't kill them, the foxes eat the tongues out of lambs, torturing them to death.
Crows peck out the eyes of lambs.
Roos, rabbits and pigs eat the crops and wreck the soil in paddocks.
Farmer goes broke...no income, no hope.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: December 05, 2022, 08:57:27 PM »

The pony rides for the children are being stopped at Griffith Park by a few animal rights activists who do not know anything about the West, and about our relationship in the West with horses and ponies. When I was a kid I wanted to be a cowboy, like my ancestors, and I used to dress up like a cowboy with my cowboy hat and toy gun and cowboy boots and I used to ride my pony. My pony was part of our family, and that was how it was for the cowboys, the cowboys all loved their horses. And it is important for the kids in the City to be able to ride ponies and to be exposed to the culture here in the West. The animal rights activists are WRONG and they do not understand the relationship that people in the West have with horses and ponies.

The operators of the pony rides at Griffith Park need to be allowed to continue to provide pony rides for the children in the City.

Salute,

Tony V.

Pony rides at Griffith Park are hardly 'wild in the head' bolting mares...I would imagine.
A child riding/walking around on a pony is hardly an 'animal rights' concern, in my eyes...but bullfights [and some rodeo events] are a totally different matter.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: December 05, 2022, 09:22:35 PM »

We are in the midst of a right wing white supremacist insurgency.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: December 05, 2022, 09:27:55 PM »

No surprise to many, I would say.
"Mexican language" is taking over America, according to one American guy on Youtube.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: December 06, 2022, 10:17:18 AM »

"Mexican language" is taking over America, according to one American guy on Youtube.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/4axmy3/far-right-attacked-drag-events-in-4-states-this-weekend

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: December 06, 2022, 10:21:36 AM »

https://www.vice.com/en/article/4axmy3/far-right-attacked-drag-events-in-4-states-this-weekend

They have all crawled out from under their rocks.  And carry weapons because they are essentially cowards who are afraid of counterprotestors. 
Why sleep at home when you can sleep in Congress?

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: December 06, 2022, 12:19:44 PM »

Step by step. Inch by inch.

Before all is said and done those who sought preemptive pardons are gonna get swept up with the rest of trash.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/06/us/politics/jan-6-committee-doj-criminal-referrals.html
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 595