Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 595

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 135472 times)

Oiled

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2985 on: March 03, 2023, 09:11:03 PM »

The real objectors to seeking the truth include you and OilCan.
It might be time for you both to move on.
Science does not appear to be on your side.

Lying spent-condom-choked shitter.

But let my friend, a VIROLOGIST  who currently works for the federal government answer your comments:

I would strongly disagree. The fact that pathogens with the ability to infect humans circulate in zoonotic reservoirs, and spillover events regularly occur means that spillover from a zoonotic reservoir is more likely than escape from a lab in the case of any novel pathogenic strain of a virus.

For example, my lab works on avian influenza, many samples of which came from the wetland down the street. If (well, when) someone in town catches AI, why would its presence in the local wetland increase the likelihood of escape from a PC3 lab vs environmental acquisition from a known pathogen reservoir?   

Think of this as your Annie Hall Marshall McCluhan behind you in the queue moment.
Why sleep at home when you can sleep in Congress?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: March 03, 2023, 09:21:38 PM »

The origins of Covid will never be as fully proven as the extent to which the republican party has climbed up the Kremlins ass and become completely enslaved.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: March 03, 2023, 09:39:32 PM »

News Item
Breitbart News
Oxymoron. Posted by someone who knows a thing or two about morons.

The Republican led Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic will hold its first hearing on the origins of the coronavirus, which originated in Wuhan, China, next week.
According to a press release previewing the event, the hearing, Investigating the Origins of COVID-19, will focus on gathering facts about the origins of the virus. It will take place Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 9 a.m. Eastern.

The timing of the hearing follows President Biden s Department of Energy identifying a lab leak as a likely source of the virus.

The hearing comes on the heels of the Department of Energy admitting, albeit with low confidence,that the virus likely stemmed from a lab leak in China, a theory that some officials viewed with mockery throughout the pandemic.
For instance, while Dr. Anthony Fauci, a former White House medical adviser and exdirector of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, appears to present himself as open to the theory now, that was not always the case.

Breitbart News
Nothing in the Breitbart story can be disputed as anything but what the House Committee is doing. Remember it is the direct result of an Biden Administration report that was based on the work of scientists.

Why do you and OilCan recoil at the Government doing its Constitutional duty.?
What are you afraid of?
Why do you continually misrepresent the posts of others, LIAR. Who are you afraid of?
I am not afraid of anything, least of all at a finding of exactly how  Covid got out of China.
Biden and I agree on that.
Liar.

You can count the number of times either of us have said we should not investigate the origins of COVID on your dick and balls and still likely have three left over. It is your insistence that a low confidence opinion of one agency is somehow definitive he has objected to. I noted Breitbart is not a legit purveyor of news, and mocked the right wing conspiracy view that claims the release was intentional despite the absolute absence of evidence. The You PROVEN LIAR.
Liar. Actually it is. Because I suspect both of us think that science should be what we rely on to try to figure out how COVID spread to humans. Not a low confidence minority opinion of one governmental agency.
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: March 03, 2023, 09:56:57 PM »

I am glad John Stewart is here to provide spiritual guidance to America in these difficult times.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: March 03, 2023, 10:27:48 PM »

Richard P. Feynman

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: March 04, 2023, 12:21:48 AM »

Lying spent-condom-choked shitter.

What science is that?
Please explain.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: March 04, 2023, 12:26:58 AM »

News Item
Breitbart News

The Republican led Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic will hold its first hearing on the origins of the coronavirus, which originated in Wuhan, China, next week.
According to a press release previewing the event, the hearing, Investigating the Origins of COVID-19, will focus on gathering facts about the origins of the virus. It will take place Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 9 a.m. Eastern.

The timing of the hearing follows President Biden s Department of Energy identifying a lab leak as a likely source of the virus.

The hearing comes on the heels of the Department of Energy admitting, albeit with low confidence,that the virus likely stemmed from a lab leak in China, a theory that some officials viewed with mockery throughout the pandemic.
For instance, while Dr. Anthony Fauci, a former White House medical adviser and exdirector of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, appears to present himself as open to the theory now, that was not always the case.

Breitbart News
Nothing in the Breitbart story can be disputed as anything but what the House Committee is doing. Remember it is the direct result of an Biden Administration report that was based on the work of scientists.

What are you afraid of?
Why do you continually misrepresent the posts of others, LIAR. Who are you afraid of?
I am not afraid of anything, least of all at a finding of exactly how  Covid got out of China.
Liar.

You can count the number of times either of us have said we should not investigate the origins of COVID on your dick and balls and still likely have three left over.

How intelligent.
 But so predictable.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: March 04, 2023, 01:56:13 AM »

Sakespeare was bearable.
All the subjects my father chose for me to study were so that I would be able to have the best chance in life...to go to university and have a good career.

In his haste he overlooked that after 3 years at high school when I sat the 'Intermediate Certificate' exam at age 15 in 1961...even though I passed every subject the average was about 70%...nowhere good enough to attend university.

What was not bearable was how hard the subjects became in the next two years leading up to The Leaving Certificate (Graduation if you like) after 5 years of high school.
No graduation ceremonies, you just did the exams, left school, think they posted you the results in the mail.
If you passed...50%+ they sent you a nice certificate to frame.
I didn't get one.
Oh well, such is life.

As luck for me would have it, in banks, insurance companies, some govt and semi govt jobs, married women were not allowed to work...so there was a turnover of staff as single women left employment.
At the time I left school they were taking young men educated "to Leaving Certificate standard" (even if 50% was attained).
I sat the entrance exam...it was basic maths and basic english...my two specialities.
Passed the entrance exam...and while waiting to start my so called career, I was sent to the Post Office to work for 2 weeks, sorting and delivering mail.
It was horrible. Hot as hell one week, pouring rain the next, hills everywhere.

What was totally unbearable at school and changed me from a "soft, gentle, polite, truthful, respectful, happy young man into a scheming, sly, cunning, wary and sometimes violent-in-defence one was:
the barbaric torture inflicted on my thin fingers/hands by the nasty cane-wielding large principal.
My crime...looking at my watch at assembly, 9am outdoors, large concrete area, 1,100 boys, suits and ties, summer...I getting light-headed.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 02:04:02 AM by bambu. »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: March 04, 2023, 07:00:03 AM »

News Item
Breitbart News

Breitbart News

What are you afraid of?
Liar.

You can count the number of times either of us have said we should not investigate the origins of COVID on your dick and balls and still likely have three left over.

How intelligent.
Truth.
But so predictable.
Yes, my being intelligent IS predictable.  As is your deliberately lying about the opinions of others here.
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: March 04, 2023, 10:08:29 AM »

[Yes, my being intelligent IS predictable.  As is your deliberately lying about the opinions of others here.
You flatter yourself even if no one else shares that egotistical opinion.
But opinions are meant to be debatable.
Which gets back to the origin of Covid.
Now after three years we are finally taking seriously the possibility of a lab leak.And the reason?
The Government scientists are leading the way. This theory has the same degree of confidence as all the others and Biden wants to know if the actual cause can be nailed down.
Why would you care what the answer might be?
It helps us all if it can be found.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: March 04, 2023, 10:35:05 AM »

Real Time host Bill Maher took a victory lap on Friday on behalf of all COVID dissenters like himself throughout the course of the pandemic. 
Following the revelations that U.S. government agencies like the FBI and the Energy Department are endorsing the COVID lab leak theory and studies that show the effectiveness of natural immunity and the ineffectiveness of mask wearing and lockdowns, Maher suggested a large swath of Americans should feel vindicated. 
  I feel like the people who were the dissenters are looking pretty good. I was one of them, I remember getting a lot of shit from a lot of places.

Maher scoffed at January 2021 Daily Beast headline that read Bill Maher Pushes Steve Bannon Wuhan Lab COVID Conspiracy.
Yeah, it was just Steve Bannon,Maher sarcastically reiterated. Well, it was, you know, the former head of the CDC, it is the FBI, it is the Energy Department.
We do not know. Like I said, we should not politicize it. But would you agree that the dissenters are looking better these days?

The HBO star went on to complain how tennis superstar Novak Djokovic is still not allowed to enter the U.S. to compete in a tournament because he is unvaccinated despite having gotten COVID. He quoted a tournament official trying to get Djokovic in the country saying there does not seem to be an imminent danger. Imminent danger of a man playing tennis of a man who' has  had it twice standing alone, a sport where you are alone in the middle of a stadium outside in a country where everyone's already had it. No imminent danger.
This country is stuck on stupid. It just is.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: March 04, 2023, 10:57:30 AM »

Real Time host Bill Maher took a victory lap on Friday on behalf of all COVID dissenters like himself throughout the course of the pandemic.
Following the revelations that U.S. government agencies like the FBI and the Energy Department are endorsing the COVID lab leak theory and studies that show the effectiveness of natural immunity and the ineffectiveness of mask wearing and lockdowns, Maher suggested a large swath of Americans should feel vindicated.
  I feel like the people who were the dissenters are looking pretty good. I was one of them, I remember getting a lot of shit from a lot of places.

Maher scoffed at January 2021 Daily Beast headline that read Bill Maher Pushes Steve Bannon Wuhan Lab COVID Conspiracy.
Yeah, it was just Steve Bannon,Maher sarcastically reiterated. Well, it was, you know, the former head of the CDC, it is the FBI, it is the Energy Department.
We do not know. Like I said, we should not politicize it. But would you agree that the dissenters are looking better these days?

The HBO star went on to complain how tennis superstar Novak Djokovic is still not allowed to enter the U.S. to compete in a tournament because he is unvaccinated despite having gotten COVID. He quoted a tournament official trying to get Djokovic in the country saying there does not seem to be an imminent danger. Imminent danger of a man playing tennis of a man who' has  had it twice standing alone, a sport where you are alone in the middle of a stadium outside in a country where everyone's already had it. No imminent danger.
This country is stuck on stupid. It just is.

Congratulations!

Could, possibly, might be a lab leak.

That will bring us back to Doh!
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: March 04, 2023, 11:00:12 AM »

The Government scientists are leading the way. This theory has the same degree of confidence as all the others

As was posted several times, no it doesn't.  Foolish to think having a government virologist weigh in here, as was done in my previous post, would be acknowledged.  And now I'm really done.  I refer any site visitors to previous posts and links providing information on why zoonotic spillover remains the strongest theory.  If Ward wants to interpret my silence as capitulation, just remember that he is as Boz notes a proven chronic liar.  And troll.

Why sleep at home when you can sleep in Congress?

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: March 04, 2023, 11:12:56 AM »

The Government scientists are leading the way. This theory has the same degree of confidence as all the others

As was posted several times, no it doesn't. 
Oh but it does..
Foolish to think having a government virologist weigh in here, as was done in my previous post, would be acknowledged.  And now I'm really done.  I refer any site visitors to previous posts and links providing information on why zoonotic spillover remains the strongest theory.
Only because the lab leak questions were suppressed for three years. Now the Biden Administration is pushing for a much wider investigation and the WetMarket Only proponents are having second thoughts.
   If Ward wants to interpret my silence as capitulation, just remember that he is as Boz notes a proven chronic liar.  And troll.
OilCan has hardly been silent but can never explain why it makes any difference HOW the virus was able to spread. He rails against the politics but is a slave to them in reality.
If we can find a definitive answer then do it. Stifling research is stupid.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: March 04, 2023, 02:36:11 PM »

Venice Beach has been named the worst beach in the USA. Tourists come here and they see homeless people all over, and they see the crime, it is horrible. And what makes it really hard is that people in Venice depend on tourists for business.

Helping the homeless is not only important because God asks us to help the needy, but it is also important to keep our streets nice and clean for our tourists.

If you go to Rome, Italy, you will see that they have very few homeless people, because they help the homeless, and also because they have Hostels where you can take a nice hot shower and where you can sleep in a nice comfortable bed for $15 per night. Venice Beach can learn a lot from Rome, and Venice needs to have Hostels for $15 per night for a bed and a shower.

As Venice Beach helps the homeless and as they clean Venice Beach up then things will get better, and Venice can learn from Rome, Italy.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 595