Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 685

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 254303 times)

Oi!

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #3465 on: April 07, 2023, 11:55:41 AM »

[ author=Hairy Lime link=topic=223.msg226080#msg226080 date=1680880895]

Bragg has no Constitutional duty to provide that information:

A. To the Defendant in an indictment or arraignment, or

B. To a journalist, ever.

Google notice pleading, you vainglorious buffoon.
[/quote]

Both A and B?  I would have thought just B?  So Bragg just has to state a general cause of action, in an indictment, but specifics aren't needed?  So the Constitutional "nature and cause" requirement is very general, I guess.  Specifics come out in discovery.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: April 07, 2023, 11:56:45 AM »

How to react to protests and/or bad behavior in modern day America.
Expel them from the legislature, but only if they are black?
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: April 07, 2023, 12:00:52 PM »

[ author=Hairy Lime link=topic=223.msg226080#msg226080 date=1680880895]

Both A and B?  I would have thought just B?  So Bragg just has to state a general cause of action, in an indictment, but specifics aren't needed?  So the Constitutional "nature and cause" requirement is very general, I guess.  Specifics come out in discovery.
[/quote]Yes, he will need to provide that information eventually, but not in the indictment. There will be a motion to dismiss the indictment, and that will force Bragg's hand.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: April 07, 2023, 12:20:59 PM »

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: April 07, 2023, 12:21:28 PM »

Prepare to be confused

Amendment  VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

When Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg was asked by a reporter as to what the underlying crime his indictment fails to name is, he replied in New York State, he does not have to.

The US Constitution is the supreme law of the land.
Does that not include New York?
You clearly are. Or rather, the right wing web site you pulled that argument from wants you to be and is lying to you again. 240 years of litigation as to what constitutes sufficient information ignored by them to be regurgitated by you.
Was that supposed to be a response, or are you just banging the table?
LOL. Just pointing out that you know nothing of the Constitution or criminal procedure, and are being played for thr gull you are.
As I thought.
No response, just insults.
No insults.  Just a blunt statement of facts.
I supplied the facts
You countered with insults
The only fact you supplied is that you have no knowledge of the Constitution or criminal procedure. Granted the part of you being played for a gull is more an inference and the source you regurgitated may be as ill informed as you, but I think it is more likely they are relying on the ignorance of you and your ilk.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: April 07, 2023, 12:33:54 PM »

The only fact you supplied is that you have no knowledge of the Constitution or criminal procedure. Granted the part of you being played for a gull is more an inference and the source you regurgitated may be as ill informed as you, but I think it is more likely they are relying on the ignorance of you and your ilk.

. The source I regurgitated WAS the Constitution and a public response by Bragg to a reporter.

And I asked a question.

You could not answer so you insult to change the subject.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: April 07, 2023, 01:05:15 PM »

The republican plague-star, shonda of Queens NY, has been informed of the nature and cause of the felonies he is charged with and was arrested for.

You might not feel he was informed with sufficient specificity in the indictment document or at the initial hearing. If so, fortunately for you the greasy dilapidated ketchup throwing slimeball pled not guilty instead of no contest as he was probably advised to.

On account of that more specificity will be forthcoming.

I for one have set aside popcorn.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: April 07, 2023, 01:08:21 PM »

I have a friend who was born and raised in Venice Beach, California, she married and moved to Washington where her Husband worked on aircraft, after her Husband retired they moved to Oklahoma where it is cheap to live, they bought a beautiful home with a nice swimming pool and jacuzzi, and their daughter was able to study Drama in High School, and now her Daughter graduated and got married, time flies so fast. She also has a disabled son who has to be in a special home. They love Oklahoma. They are also involved with Kiwanis International, which is global. They are living well in Oklahoma, they are grateful.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: April 07, 2023, 01:16:57 PM »

It was in the Tennessee legislature on 18 August 1920 that young Harry Burn *changed* red rose to yellow after receiving a letter from his mother, and voted 'yes', thereby giving the Suffragist women, the "Iron Jawed Angels", their 19th Amendment right to vote.
A dark for Bambu-ilk residing in the States, I'm certain.

Happy women are the best kind.
Be kind to respectable, respectful women, and one's rewards will be plentiful.

I worked for Suzanne Pleshette, watching her front door and parking the cars, and she was a wonderful woman. Zsa Zsa Gabor was good friends with Suzanne Pleshette and Zsa Zsa used to come see Suzanne all of the time, and I loved Zsa Zsa.

And my Mother is a wonderful woman, and my Grandmothers on both sides were wonderful women.

I have been lucky to have had good women in my life.

I hope to find a good wife someday. And hopefully I can find a woman who is smarter than I, so that we can live good lives. I need to marry up in the world.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: April 07, 2023, 02:16:13 PM »

. The source I regurgitated WAS the Constitution and a public response by Bragg to a reporter.

And I asked a question.

You could not dispute my answer so you pretend it did not exist, and pretend my factually accurate statement about your level of relevant knowledge was an insult. PROVEN LIAR.
A parrot bit me.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: April 07, 2023, 02:47:51 PM »

And I asked a question.

You could not dispute my answer so you pretend it did not exist, and pretend my factually accurate statement about your level of relevant knowledge was an insult. PROVEN LIAR.
I said nothing factually inaccurate. I asked a question.
You could not answer without insulting.
Deal with your anger elsewhere.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: April 07, 2023, 02:51:55 PM »

"I asked a question".
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: April 07, 2023, 02:56:10 PM »

And I asked a question.

No insult, no anger. And your "question" was a rhetorical comment. Again, accurately assessing your level of ignorance is not an insult. "Vainglorious Buffoon" was, admitedly.
A parrot bit me.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: April 07, 2023, 03:02:28 PM »

And I asked a question.

No insult, no anger. And your "question" was a rhetorical comment.
No. It was a question.
And you finally admitted that Bragg s answer to the reporter was misleading if not technically incorrect.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 03:05:21 PM by Espnthree »

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: April 07, 2023, 03:11:57 PM »

It was in the Tennessee legislature on 18 August 1920 that young Harry Burn *changed* red rose to yellow after receiving a letter from his mother, and voted 'yes', thereby giving the Suffragist women, the "Iron Jawed Angels", their 19th Amendment right to vote.
A dark for Bambu-ilk residing in the States, I'm certain.

Happy women are the best kind.
Be kind to respectable, respectful women, and one's rewards will be plentiful.

I worked for Suzanne Pleshette, watching her front door and parking the cars, and she was a wonderful woman. Zsa Zsa Gabor was good friends with Suzanne Pleshette and Zsa Zsa used to come see Suzanne all of the time, and I loved Zsa Zsa.

And my Mother is a wonderful woman, and my Grandmothers on both sides were wonderful women.

I have been lucky to have had good women in my life.

I hope to find a good wife someday. And hopefully I can find a woman who is smarter than I, so that we can live good lives. I need to marry up in the world.

Salute,

Tony V.

Marrying up is a good thing. I know I did.
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 685