Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 684

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 253698 times)

LarryB!

• View Profile
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

Oi!

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #3751 on: April 23, 2023, 08:51:14 PM »

While this is firewalled for all without NY Times access this column about guns in the house by Nicholas Kristof is an interesting read:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/22/opinion/american-shootings-guns.html?searchResultPosition=1

Kristof fails to mention bad people lurking in the shadows and thus doesn't seem to be in favor of keeping guns loaded and cocked and ready to fire at all times.

For all readers, a PW free screenshot:

https://web.archive.org/web/20230423101815/https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/22/opinion/american-shootings-guns.html

I remember hearing about the Japanese tourist back in the 90s and feeling embarassed about our country's backwardness. 
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: April 23, 2023, 09:06:03 PM »

Red has the perpetrators witty retort to accompany any crime. He is as smart as that tic-tack-toe chicken they used to have in China Town back in the 80s.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: April 23, 2023, 09:15:35 PM »

Progressives nationwide have attacked police and law enforcement, alleging that our legal system is systemically racist and oppressive. They have caused recidivist criminals to haunt our streets and commit more crimes and have refused to deal with homelessness in spite of the mental illness and drug addictions that so often afflict our citiesmost vulnerable. Numerous efforts to reduce the use of drugs have been rebuffed in the name, of course, of racism.

This approach has unleashed a crime wave and diminished our sense of safety on the streets. It is, therefore, unsurprising to see ever more law abiding people seeking to arm themselves. As a result, there will be more guns out there, including in the hands of people who should never be near them.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/progressives-convinced-us-to-get-a-gun-control-democrats-violent-crime-rates-safety-9d5a51d4

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: April 24, 2023, 01:07:20 AM »

Progressives. . . be near them.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/progressives-convinced-us-to-get-a-gun-control-democrats-violent-crime-rates-safety-9d5a51d4

Red has the perpetrators witty retort to accompany any crime. He is as smart as that tic-tack-toe chicken they used to have in China Town back in the 80s.

And he is behind on his reading, as this has already been posted

http://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/04/23/surprising-geography-of-gun-violence-00092413
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 01:09:18 AM by facilitatorn »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: April 24, 2023, 07:46:51 AM »

While this is firewalled for all without NY Times access this column about guns in the house by Nicholas Kristof is an interesting read:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/22/opinion/american-shootings-guns.html?searchResultPosition=1

Kristof fails to mention bad people lurking in the shadows and thus doesn't seem to be in favor of keeping guns loaded and cocked and ready to fire at all times.

Smart guns...only the owner can fire them...no problem to have in the house.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: April 24, 2023, 07:58:47 AM »

Certainly.  Best part?  You'll still be able to kill somebody if a ball rolls into your yard.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: April 24, 2023, 08:07:45 AM »

Certainly.  Best part?  You'll still be able to kill somebody if a ball rolls into your yard.

Balls rolling into my yard would not scare me...just kids having fun, kick the ball back to them.
Gun toting thugs, like the two in a You tube video, *rolling* into my garage like they did to an American man, demanding his truck keys at gunpoint...the sun shining brightly...would scare me.
Gotta have fortress homes these days, so armed robbers can't just walk right on into one's garage.
Homes need to be built like prisons, walls, alarms, lights, outer doors and inner doors that can be opened if no one follows the vehicles thru the outer doors.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: April 24, 2023, 11:49:08 AM »

Your prison is inescapable, Bambi. No one wants to join you in it.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: April 24, 2023, 01:26:29 PM »

Balls rolling into my yard would not scare me...just kids having fun, kick the ball back to them.
Gun toting thugs, like the two in a You tube video, *rolling* into my garage like they did to an American man, demanding his truck keys at gunpoint...the sun shining brightly...would scare me.
Gotta have fortress homes these days, so armed robbers can't just walk right on into one's garage.
Homes need to be built like prisons, walls, alarms, lights, outer doors and inner doors that can be opened if no one follows the vehicles thru the outer doors.

All of the rich people in Malibu have security. You have to go through a security gate at Latigo Beach where they have armed security guards 24 hours per day. Paradise Cove also has 24 hour security with armed security guards and a security gate.

When I lived in Malibu one had to drive through 2 security gates to get to my home, with security cameras at the gates filming everyone who came in, and then we had 2 big dogs, and we had outdoor spot lights with motion detectors to spot people on our property at night, and plus I had a gun. We were very safe in Malibu.

I love Malibu, and if my movie script and poetry book are wildly successful then I will live in Malibu again, I would love to buy a house in Malibu. I felt very safe in Malibu, it is a nice, calm, mellow place.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oi!

• View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: April 24, 2023, 01:32:10 PM »

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: April 24, 2023, 02:47:50 PM »

When I worked at Universal Studios then my fellow employees wanted for me to rise to the top and buy the studio, if I owned Universal Studios then I would be altruistic, and I would help the people of Hollywood. I would help the children when they are young to train for jobs in the Entertainment Industry instead of being criminals. They can study Drama and Film instead of joining gangs and going to prison.

And like I was saying on After School Programs, we can help the youth by teaching them how to make an honest living, if they become poor and desperate then they need to know how to work and how to make honest money. And with my friend who taught the youth at the High School how to install Sound Systems in cars, that is a great job, if you can install a Sound System in a Ferrari then you can make a good living. Doing Sound Systems in high end automobiles pays very well.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: April 24, 2023, 04:23:26 PM »

Any thoughts on the current situation in Sudan?

We cannot send religious people into this conflict, Jimmy Carter would have had a lot of good thoughts, maybe we can send Oprah Winfrey to address the United Nations on the issue of Sudan.

We can also seek help from China to bring peace to all of Africa, which China is committed to, China has sent troops to the Democratic Republic of the Congo to make the peace on United Nations Peace Keeping Missions. China is on our team as we seek peace in the world, and as we seek peace in Africa.

And maybe Dennis Rodman can go to Sudan and plead for peace.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: April 24, 2023, 04:24:43 PM »

My house in Malibu had to be safe and we had to have security because one of my roommates was the daughter of a Chinese general.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: April 24, 2023, 05:08:23 PM »

And maybe Dennis Rodman can go to Sudan and plead for peace.

Salute,

Tony V.

You could reach out.

If he were interested would you be willing to help him set it up?
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 684