Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 580

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 122697 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #4965 on: August 08, 2023, 10:42:00 AM »

Atop the Sydney Harbour Bridge fly two giant flags...one on each side of the arch.

The Aboriginal flag...representing Black people, on one side, ....and....the National flag containing the British Union Jack, 7 point Federation Star, and stars of the Southern Cross...representing 'White/Everyone else' people on the other side.
Please tell me how that is not 'segregation' and 'division'.
Please tell me how that is "We are ONE".
I wonder which of the two flags you approve of.

A word in the national anthem was changed recently...
Hopefully, from "jumbuck" to "sheep". Speak English, fools.
Oh, and around Sydney now they're putting up, in bright letters 2'6" and 3' high, at the entrance to suburbs...

LITTLE VIETNAM

LITTLE INDIA, LITTLE ITALY etc.

Gotta love assimilation.  lol

Coming to America soon?
Yeah, like maybe in 1850. Forget it bambu its Chinatown, Korea Town,, Little Italy, Slavic Village, Little Warsaw and the like and they have been around the US for decades. And their people get assimilated just fine in a generation. No reason to think that will change.

Jumbuck, tucker bag etc are in song Waltzing Matilda.
Maybe the swagman had killed the sheep and just had some of the meat in his tucker bag.
Who knows.
Poetic licence is a wonderful thing.  lol

Advance Australia Fair is the National anthem.
In it you might not like the word 'girt'...lol

"We've golden soil and wealth for toil
Our home is girt by sea".

Comparison is the thief of joy.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: August 08, 2023, 10:54:05 AM »

The Minstrel boy to the war is gone,
   In the ranks of death you will find him,
His father s sword he has girded on,
   And his wild harp slung behind him...
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: August 08, 2023, 10:59:02 AM »

There's also the lack of narrative arc in the Kookaburra Song.  Aside from sitting in an old gum tree and laughing, what really happens there? 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: August 08, 2023, 11:10:05 AM »

Recent works   https://gradycartoons.com/recent-works/

The Strange Candidacy of Dr. Ronald & Mr. DeSantis

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: August 08, 2023, 11:23:23 AM »

There's also the lack of narrative arc in the Kookaburra Song.  Aside from sitting in an old gum tree and laughing, what really happens there?

There's a guy on Youtube with a ukulele singing the whole Kookaburra Song
(pronounced "Cook a burra:")

"Kookaburra sits on electric wire
jumpin up and down with his pants on fire"
etc

kids song.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: August 08, 2023, 11:33:21 AM »

My national anthem is 'nice', 'friendly'. 'harmless'.
Written long ago.

"Our land abounds in nature's gifts
of beauty rich and rare"
etc

Time for a new one, tough and forceful...along the lines of the French and Mexican anthems.

"To arms, citizens
Form your batallions.
March on.
Slaughter the invaders.
Make the soil run with their blood."
etc.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: August 08, 2023, 12:53:42 PM »

Atop the Sydney Harbour Bridge fly two giant flags...one on each side of the arch.

The Aboriginal flag...representing Black people, on one side, ....and....the National flag containing the British Union Jack, 7 point Federation Star, and stars of the Southern Cross...representing 'White/Everyone else' people on the other side.
Please tell me how that is not 'segregation' and 'division'.
Please tell me how that is "We are ONE".
I wonder which of the two flags you approve of.

A word in the national anthem was changed recently...
Hopefully, from "jumbuck" to "sheep". Speak English, fools.
Oh, and around Sydney now they're putting up, in bright letters 2'6" and 3' high, at the entrance to suburbs...

LITTLE VIETNAM

LITTLE INDIA, LITTLE ITALY etc.

Gotta love assimilation.  lol

Coming to America soon?
Yeah, like maybe in 1850. Forget it bambu its Chinatown, Korea Town,, Little Italy, Slavic Village, Little Warsaw and the like and they have been around the US for decades. And their people get assimilated just fine in a generation. No reason to think that will change.

Jumbuck, tucker bag etc are in song Waltzing Matilda.
Maybe the swagman had killed the sheep and just had some of the meat in his tucker bag.
Who knows.
Poetic licence is a wonderful thing.  lol

Advance Australia Fair is the National anthem.
Liar. If it is not Waltzing Matilda, it is Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport, which also bothers me because it talks, or rather sings, of a "platypus duck." A platypus is not a duck. Or any bird. That is just a foul mistake.
In it you might not like the word 'girt'...lol

"We've golden soil and wealth for toil
Our home is girt by sea".
I take it "girt" is slang for "penal colony".
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: August 08, 2023, 02:20:21 PM »

My favorite verse of Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport is the sixth, penultimate verse, now usually omitted,.even from the online lyrics:

Watch my wombat go poo, Stu
Watch my wombat go poo
It's coming out in a cube, Stu
So watch my wombat go poo.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: August 08, 2023, 02:34:00 PM »

That is what historians have been asking about Australian politics and culture for decades.

So far the answer seems to be not much.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: August 08, 2023, 03:44:26 PM »

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: August 08, 2023, 04:07:56 PM »

Where women glow and men plunder.
Cant you hear, cant you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover.   

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: August 08, 2023, 04:18:12 PM »

My favorite verse of Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport is the sixth, penultimate verse, now usually omitted, even from the online lyrics:

Watch my wombat go poo, Stu
Watch my wombat go poo
Its coming out in a cube, Stu
So watch my wombat go poo.

In some areas of the Outback, that verse is slightly different, with a cruder more rustic quality....

Watch me wombat shit brick , Rick,
Watch me wombat shit brick
So make your walls extra thick, Rick,
When the wombats shit brick!

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: August 08, 2023, 05:07:36 PM »

The Bible says that men need to work, and the Bible says that blessed is a man who hires workers, and the Bible tells us to pay our workers fair and to treat them well.

https://www.usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachings/what-we-believe/catholic-social-teaching/the-dignity-of-work-and-the-rights-of-workers

The Bible also says that poor widows and their children are loved by God, and God will punish the people who take advantage of poor widows and their children. God sees everything.

We need to work, but we need to be paid well for our work, and all people need to be respected.

Of note on the issue of boats, I have a nephew who I never met who is a yacht captain, rich people pay him to be the captain for their yachts. He also piloted a ferry boat I guess. He is a good guy and he is a good honest worker.

Salute,

Tony V.

Trouble is...America / the West are fast becoming atheist.
'Conscience' is dying out fast.
It's fast becoming  totally "dog eat dog'.

The Christians need to do service, like I did with Youth For Christ when I went to Mexico to help the orphans and people living in a garbage dump. The way to bring people to Christ is to help them when they need help, like it says in Matthew 25: 31-46.

I knew a woman, she was a drug addict with children, and I pleaded for her to get clean and to be a good Mom for her children, she told me that if she got clean then she would not have any friends to help her and to give her rides to the store, etc, etc, etc. It was all BULLSHIT. She should have been able to get clean and then go to Church and the Christians need to help women like that who need help.

The Christians need to help the homeless, and the orphans, and the drug addicts, and the poor widows with children, and the Christians need to feed the hungry, etc. As we help people then we can bring them to Christ. We also need to minister to people in prison, etc, we need to bring them all to Christ.

We have some new movies, "The Jesus Revolution" and "The Sound of Freedom" and there is the television show "The Chosen" and more Christian television shows and movies need to be made.

And there is a music school in Rome, Italy, where they are teaching music to Christians, The Saint Louis College of Music, they are training the Christian musicians of the future.

And there are YMCA summer camps for the Children. I worked for the Burbank YMCA at a summer camp for 2 summers as a teen serving God.

Here in Anaheim we have the Calvary Chapel Open Door Church and the Church needs to serve the community, and the homeless need to be welcome, and all people need to be welcome at the Calvary Chapel Open Door Church.

Link...

https://ccopendoor.org/

And Pope Francis is a great Pope, Pope Francis is going to bring China to Christ, the Chinese love Pope Francis. We need to love the Chinese, and we can bring them to Christ.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.

We need to love our neighbors, and we need to do loving service. We need to help people, and we need to feed people, etc. That is how we will bring people to Christ.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 05:13:37 PM by FlyingVProd »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: August 08, 2023, 05:10:42 PM »

Christians need to renounce guns, the republican death cult and their entire ethno-nationalist project along with mining for fossil fuels. Otherwise there is no needle eye big enough to admit them.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: August 08, 2023, 05:21:06 PM »

My dearly departed wealthiest friend was wealthy from the Banana Industry in the Philippines, and she was a good Christian who spent her whole life helping the homeless, etc. When she came to America she opened a night club named "Manila Gardens" and she was very successful, and God kept giving her more money as she gave money away to help the homeless. God blessed her, and all of her businesses were successful, and she kept giving her time and money to God. She was my hero. May she rest in peace.

And if I was rich like her then I would want to serve God like she did, and I want to be so rich that I can give money away to the needy, etc. That is what money is for is for helping the poor and the needy, and for helping to make life better for people. And we need to give people tax breaks for donating money to charity, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 580