Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 674

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 248372 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #5145 on: August 19, 2023, 09:59:17 PM »

Stay safe and dry, Tony.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: August 19, 2023, 10:39:41 PM »

Stay safe and dry, Tony.

Thanks, you too.

I see it all as a blessing, God knew we needed water, so we are getting lots of water. And it is all going to be used to grow food, and to create jobs for Farm Workers, etc, and to feed fresh vegetables to people in ghettos, the rain is wonderful, we are so blessed.

I hope everyone enjoys a good safe and peaceful experience from the storm. I plan to drink coffee and watch the rain fall. Maybe I will do some reading, I like to read when it is raining out.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: August 19, 2023, 11:01:05 PM »

Seems to always have been hard in America, an extremely hard "dog eat dog" existence for average Joe / below average Joe.
Maybe why the crime rate is so high.
Memphis being the most dangerous city in America.

My assessment from afar is that it was not as hard in the 50's, 60s and 70s.
Well,.you ARE white.
A parrot bit me.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: August 20, 2023, 12:30:40 AM »

We need to send trucks full of products to open Northgate Mexican Markets in the poor parts of Kentucky, as the coal miners go back to school then they can have cheap Mexican Markets to shop at.

https://www.northgatemarket.com/

I get fresh baked bread, fresh made tortillas, pork in a million ways, chicken in a million ways, beef in a million ways, seafood in a million ways, etc. Plus they carry Italian wine. And everything to make Margaritas, and Pina Coladas, etc. Plus good deals on little things like frozen pizza, etc. And we have lots of local fruits and vegetables, and chili peppers, etc.

Bambu, tell Caroline Kennedy that you want Northgate Gonzalez Mexican Markets in Australia, and we have traveling Gypsies here in California too. I had neighbors who were Persian Gypsies, about 12 girls lived in a 1 bedroom apartment, they had a van and they all drove around together in a van. They used to wear homemade dresses and go barefoot. They used to wash their van in the parking lot of my apartment complex while wearing swimsuits in the heat of the summer. Anyhow, the Persian Gypsies here love the Northgate Gonzalez Mexican Markets. And the stars shop at the Northgate Mexican Market too, I saw Hugh Laurie there and other stars. The Australians would love to have a dozen Northgate Gonzalez Mexican Markets, just tell Caroline Kennedy what you want.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 12:33:11 AM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: August 20, 2023, 12:58:04 AM »

Seems to always have been hard in America, an extremely hard "dog eat dog" existence for average Joe / below average Joe.
Maybe why the crime rate is so high.
Memphis being the most dangerous city in America.

My assessment from afar is that it was not as hard in the 50's, 60s and 70s.
Well,.you ARE white.

True enough.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: August 20, 2023, 01:37:45 AM »

Hawaiians adopted Spam as one of their staple foods, and it is commonly used in a fried rice dish. The company says it ships 7 million cans of Spam to the state each year, and its products are "practically the national food" of Hawaii. 3 days ago

----------

The people of Hawaii love fried Spam on whole wheat toast with grilled pineapple. They have the bakeries and the pineapple farms, all that they need is for everyone to send them Spam.

------

Spam that is sold in North America, South America, and Australia is produced in Austin, Minnesota (also known as "Spam Town USA") and in Dubuque, Iowa. Austin, Minnesota also had a restaurant with a menu devoted exclusively to Spam called "Johnny's SPAMarama Menu."

======

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 01:47:07 AM by FlyingVProd »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: August 20, 2023, 08:21:55 AM »

A parrot bit me.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: August 20, 2023, 09:30:52 AM »

I did not have to click that youtube link to know what it is.

Once again we witness the deep bond between Vikings and Polynesians. 
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: August 20, 2023, 10:03:38 AM »

I did not have to click that youtube link to know what it is.

Once again we witness the deep bond between Vikings and Polynesians.
Yeah, pretty obvious response to Tony's Spam spam.
A parrot bit me.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: August 20, 2023, 07:50:44 PM »

Tony!

https://youtu.be/NxIAedHLrjk

Brah we should ship a ton of Old Bay seasoning to Italy and open a crab shack!

Steaming crabs by the bushel with corn would change how the Italians eat the crabs!

You know Italy and I am from DC by way of Long Island so I know BLUE CLAW CRABS!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 08:40:44 AM by LarryB! »
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: August 21, 2023, 04:09:15 AM »

The floods in California are horrible, and life-threatening, now there's an earthquake...not a big one but a quake nonetheless.
Hope everyone is still alive.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: August 21, 2023, 11:43:01 AM »

California is still here, Bambi. Thanks for your concern.

You will be happy to know that our solar panels all got a good cleaning.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 02:10:58 PM by facilitatorn »
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: August 21, 2023, 05:20:54 PM »

Hehe!

I predict that by 2040, "my solar panels got a good cleaning" will be slang for nookie.

On a distantly related topic, I learned a new fun fact today.   If you visit a city in England that goes back to the Middle Ages, it is not uncommon to find an old street called Grape Lane, Grove Lane, or Grope Lane.  These were apparently the result of tidying up offensive streetnames, in particular the common name for a street where there was a prostitution district:  Gropecunt Lane.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gropecunt_Lane

Now I'm wondering about the Beatles and Penny Lane...
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: August 21, 2023, 05:24:30 PM »

Tony!

https://youtu.be/NxIAedHLrjk

Brah we should ship a ton of Old Bay seasoning to Italy and open a crab shack!

Steaming crabs by the bushel with corn would change how the Italians eat the crabs!

You know Italy and I am from DC by way of Long Island so I know BLUE CLAW CRABS!

"We fight this blue crab, but he is stronger than us because there are so many of them," said Marco Giudici, who has been fishing in the Orbetello lagoon for more than 40 years. He even has a battle scar: On one thumb, he has the marks of a crab that almost broke his nail with a claw. 1 day ago

--

I know the perfect spot for a night club in Rome, we could feed them all crab while they listen to live music.

One time I had Cajun food at BB King's House of Blues which was at the Universal City Walk, it was fantastic, I drank beer and Southern Comfort while listening to live Blues all night, and they kept bringing me plates of Cajun seafood, I was with some friends from the AADA, and after the Club closed we jumped the fence at Universal and took a tour of Universal in the middle of the night, I told my friend "Just act like we belong here" as we walked around Universal Studios, I used to work at Universal so I know the place, and we passed security guards and everything with no problems, all drunk on Southern Comfort. It was a great night. That is what night clubs are for, they are places to make memories. I made memories at BB King's night club, and the food was fantastic.

All of the clubs in Italy are blessed with crab now, they need guys like you Larry to teach them how to cook it. Certainly they see the crabs as a blessing.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: August 21, 2023, 05:35:38 PM »

The floods in California are horrible, and life-threatening, now there's an earthquake...not a big one but a quake nonetheless.
Hope everyone is still alive.

Everything is fine here in Anaheim, the rains were nice, no wind to speak of, and like Fac said, it cleaned everyone's solar panels.

We build everything really strong in California, we have strict codes for building because of earthquakes, so everything is fine. When people from around the world want to learn how to build earthquake safe housing then they come to California to learn.

It is a beautiful day now, we are blessed.

Plus, there were fires, and fire dangers, so the rain put out the fires and reduced the fire dangers. We need to put the homeless people to work, and the prisoners to work, reducing fire dangers, they can clear dry brush, they can trim trees, etc, we can put them to work to reduce fire dangers. Plus, we need to put the electric power lines underground and we need to go with all clean energy with the companies owned by the Citizens like in Anaheim, and in Anaheim the power lines will all be put underground over the next 50 years.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 674