Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 558

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 117365 times)

LarryB!

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #6240 on: November 02, 2023, 07:05:47 PM »

When I visit New York, then it would be nice to see Broadway, the Metropolitan Opera, and it might be nice to visit a famous club in Harlem to enjoy some jazz, etc. I do not like rap, but I love jazz. The first person who I drove as a Limousine Driver was Herbie Hancock, Herbie is great, and we had art work that was done by Miles Davis on the walls of our home in Malibu, the owner of the house was the ex wife of his doctor. Jazz is great. We will see, I will make it to visit New York eventually.

I am not afraid to travel. And someday I hope to have a good wife who loves to travel.

Salute,

Tony V.

Please enjoy this song from Rita Wilson, Ms. Tom Hanks.

https://youtu.be/xtkN8n3idTM?si=sVAsFdmRlIWNrSUK

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6241 on: November 02, 2023, 07:15:40 PM »

There is a good case these days for travelling 'at home'.
An unlimited number of 'lovely places' in America for Americans to visit and enjoy...summer, autumn, winter and spring. No need to risk death, injury/financial ruin, misery, worry etc by travelling overseas.
Some places in the world are safe to visit, but many are not.

If you're not in the Middle East, for example...you can't get blown up or kidnapped by terrorists there.
Overseas travel today, depending on your level of bravery, could best be done via Youtube.
Travell via Youtube sees you not having to suffer long lines of people at almost every attraction.
No plane delays, no long and uncomfortable flights, no rain, no heat, no walking for miles and miles and miles.
Not to mention the cost.

Got family overseas?
No worries, bring them to America for a visit.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 07:20:45 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6242 on: November 03, 2023, 03:15:01 PM »

Instead of connecting veterans with dogs to save their lives, we could set them up with a Russian Dating Service. Lots of Veterans marry the Russian Brides. The Brides can all be trained on the issues pertaining to living with a Veteran, etc. I think the Veterans would be better off with a good Bride instead of just giving them a dog.

I had a neighbor who found his Bride with a Colombian Dating Service in Pasadena that set him up with a Colombian Bride. He was very happy. He was an old man but he was happy like a little kid. He was so in love with his new Bride and he was happy about life.

Instead of just giving the guys a dog, it would be better if people helped them to find a Bride, and then worked to train the Brides on issues which Vets face.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6243 on: November 03, 2023, 03:36:01 PM »

An unlimited number of 'lovely places' in America for Americans to visit and enjoy...summer, autumn, winter and spring. No need to risk death, injury/financial ruin, misery, worry etc by travelling overseas.

If you're not in the Middle East, for example...you can't get blown up or kidnapped by terrorists there.
Overseas travel today, depending on your level of bravery, could best be done via Youtube.
Travell via Youtube sees you not having to suffer long lines of people at almost every attraction.
No plane delays, no long and uncomfortable flights, no rain, no heat, no walking for miles and miles and miles.
Not to mention the cost.

Got family overseas?

There was an attraction at Walt Disney World where you were surrounded by a 360 degree movie screen and they showed us places all over America, it was great.

I like Florida, it is a great state, in my opinion, and the Walt Disney World there is great, and they also have Universal Studios in Orlando where they plan to make more movies and television shows, etc. Cocoa Beach is fantastic. That whole area is nice.

California is a hard state, we have lots of gangs and crime, and 33% of our people are new immigrants who were born outside the USA, so you have people from all over the world coming here and competing for the jobs. Plus, Hollywood was stupid and some of our studios were sold to the Japanese, and the Japanese business model sucks and they work themselves to death and they do not want to pay the workers fair. I would rather work for the Italians, or the French, instead of working for the Japanese.

When I worked at Universal Studios here in Hollywood then the studio was owned by the Japanese, and they paid everyone minimum wage, I was starving. It was a great job, I loved my job, but the company was paying me minimum wage and I was starving. I would rather work for the Italians, or the French, instead of the Japanese. But, anyway, my fellow employees kept telling me to buy Universal Studios, they saw something in me and they told me to buy Universal. I would love to own Universal, and the studio is great here in Hollywood, and they have a Universal Studios in Florida and Florida is great.

I had a step-dad who was a Supervisor on the Space Shuttle Program and it was over a $100 Billion dollar project which brought jobs and money to the Antelope Valley in California as well as to Cape Canaveral in Florida. Running Universal would be cheaper than the Space Shuttle Program, and I could help create jobs in California as well as in Florida.

I would also work to improve relations between the USA and Mexico. And I would help the orphans in Mexico, etc.

We will see what happens.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 03:44:19 PM by FlyingVProd »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6244 on: November 03, 2023, 03:47:25 PM »

Not to mention the cost.

Got family overseas?

There was an attraction at Walt Disney World where you were surrounded by a 360 degree movie screen and they showed us places all over America, it was great.

I like Florida, it is a great state, in my opinion, and the Walt Disney World there is great, and they also have Universal Studios in Orlando where they plan to make more movies and television shows, etc. Cocoa Beach is fantastic. That whole area is nice.

California is a hard state, we have lots of gangs and crime, and 33% of our people are new immigrants who were born outside the USA, so you have people from all over the world coming here and competing for the jobs. Plus, Hollywood was stupid and some of our studios were sold to the Japanese, and the Japanese business model sucks and they work themselves to death and they do not want to pay the workers fair. I would rather work for the Italians, or the French, instead of working for the Japanese.

When I worked at Universal Studios here in Hollywood then the studio was owned by the Japanese, and they paid everyone minimum wage, I was starving. It was a great job, I loved my job, but the company was paying me minimum wage and I was starving. I would rather work for the Italians, or the French, instead of the Japanese. But, anyway, my fellow employees kept telling me to buy Universal Studios, they saw something in me and they told me to buy Universal. I would love to own Universal, and the studio is great here in Hollywood, and they have a Universal Studios in Florida and Florida is great.

I had a step-dad who was a Supervisor on the Space Shuttle Program and it was over a $100 Billion dollar project which brought jobs and money to the Antelope Valley in California as well as to Cape Canaveral in Florida. Running Universal would be cheaper than the Space Shuttle Program, and I could help create jobs in California as well as in Florida.

I would also work to improve relations between the USA and Mexico. And I would help the orphans in Mexico, etc.

We will see what happens.

Salute,

Tony V.
I would trade all of Florida and everything in it for the 90 miles of shoreline from San Simeon to Carmel and consider myself the winner. And I would far rather deal with immigrants in Cali then a Florida full of meth heads and syphlitic seniors.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6245 on: November 03, 2023, 04:32:23 PM »

Instead of connecting veterans with dogs to save their lives, we could set them up with a Russian Dating Service. Lots of Veterans marry the Russian Brides. The Brides can all be trained on the issues pertaining to living with a Veteran, etc. I think the Veterans would be better off with a good Bride instead of just giving them a dog.

I had a neighbor who found his Bride with a Colombian Dating Service in Pasadena that set him up with a Colombian Bride. He was very happy. He was an old man but he was happy like a little kid. He was so in love with his new Bride and he was happy about life.

Instead of just giving the guys a dog, it would be better if people helped them to find a Bride, and then worked to train the Brides on issues which Vets face.

Salute,

Tony V.

Welcome, time traveler!  In this century we now have a global computing network which allows ordinary people to find partners on their own.  Also, regarding brides can be trained on the issues pertaining to living with a vet... relationships are now seen, in many developed countries, as a two-way street, in which both parties learn about living with the other.  And some vets are now....you may wish to sit down for a sec...women.   Anyway, let's get that time machine grime washed off and then we can continue with your orientation session!
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6246 on: November 03, 2023, 04:41:54 PM »

would trade all of Florida and everything in it for the 90 miles of shoreline from San Simeon to Carmel and consider myself the winner. And I would far rather deal with immigrants in Cali then a Florida full of meth heads and syphlitic seniors.

Florida is not far from where the Europeans first caught syphilis from New World native peoples.   Disease transmission, unfortunately, was much greater going the other direction. 

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6247 on: November 03, 2023, 04:52:46 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Welcome, time traveler!  In this century we now have a global computing network which allows ordinary people to find partners on their own.  Also, regarding brides can be trained on the issues pertaining to living with a vet[/ ]...
Considering Tony seems to think women are sort of a superior version of a therapy dog, are we entirely certain what he means by "vet"?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6248 on: November 03, 2023, 05:30:03 PM »

😂

I should vet his posts more carefully...

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6249 on: November 03, 2023, 06:05:08 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Ah yes, foreign brides/any brides.
Some of the said brides in bambuworld were marrying older men, claiming domestic violence, having the older men removed from the nice homes [theirs, well were theirs until they married the foreign brides/any brides.]
The brides then sitting pretty in nice homes, driving nice cars, having grand ol' lives!

After it was all exposed on my current affairs programs and in the print media, the persecution of older/old innocent men was stopped.

Yes, the words of the foreign brides/any brides were taken as 'gospel'.
No evidence of true domestic violence whatsoever, and the older/old men were basically tossed out of their homes, divested of their vehicles and made to live in misery.

Mrs bambu's motto is "Marry well". "Well" not meaning 'rich'.
Rather, "well" meaning "the whole package must be good". Things like race, religion, temperament, morals/honesty, modesty, fingernails, how they treat waiters and other hospitality staff, appearance/grooming/bathing, how they treat people in general, manners, weird and /or creepy, etc.

Marrying foreign nationals...can have major repercussions if things go wrong...like divorce, relationship breakups, especially if children are involved...in addition to the usual "say goodbye to half your stuff".

The movie "Not Without My Daughter" is instructive.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 06:07:16 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6250 on: November 03, 2023, 06:15:21 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Welcome, time traveler!  In this century we now have a global computing network which allows ordinary people to find partners on their own.  Also, regarding brides can be trained on the issues pertaining to living with a vet[/ ]...
Considering Tony seems to think women are sort of a superior version of a therapy dog, are we entirely certain what he means by "vet"?

They can be.
Love you unconditionally, always smiling and happy to see you, explain things to you, inform you where you're going wrong, show you the correct way to move so you're not always treading on their feet etc.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 06:37:31 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6251 on: November 03, 2023, 06:27:59 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

They can be.
Love you unconditionally, always smiling and happy to see you, explain things to you, inform you where you're going wrong, show you the correct way to move so you're not always treading on their feet etc.
And you are still married?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6252 on: November 03, 2023, 06:42:05 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

They can be.

Yes.
A good woman is worth her weight in gold.
Good ones are happy to provide therapy.  :)
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6253 on: November 03, 2023, 07:01:28 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

They can be.

Bambu has a keeper. Australia decided long ago it was far too dangerous to leave him on his own. She will get a statue one day for her service to the nation
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6254 on: November 04, 2023, 12:43:57 PM »

Dear Ann,

My wife does not always smile at me.  She also fails to provide therapy on demand.  Should I replace her with a service dog?

Perplexed in Provo

Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 558