Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 559

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 117482 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7095 on: January 13, 2024, 02:30:28 PM »

You have to clean out your stable, Bambu.

Strip the cross from the Ralph Reeds and Leonard Leos of the world. Then what you are saying might make a little more sense.

When I look at all the injustices of the world, and I drive past churches, I ask myself,  What kind of people worship there? 

- Martin Luther King, Jr.

That would be people who believe that Jesus was/is real.
That he was born on earth in Bethlehem, walked among the People of the time, was crucified, then ascended into Heaven.
Christmas and Easter.

You missed King's point.  He looked around America and could not help wondering how people who purportedly followed Christ could treat their fellow human beings the way they were doing.

King was right. If they are not helping the poor, and if they are not ministering to the people in prison, and if they are not helping the orphans, etc, as the Lord instructs us to do in Matthew 25; 31-46, then they are not real Christians. And they will be known by their deeds, there are a lot of fake Christians who are just profiting off of the Lord without doing as the Lord instructs us to do in Matthew 25; 31-46.

And part of the joy of success and wealth is giving your money away to the poor and helping others and being altruistic, like Elvis did, Elvis was a good Christian, and listen to his song "In The Ghetto" as it is a very powerful song that made me weep as a child, we need to help the poor people in the ghettos. We can pay the immigrants at our Southern Border to put a new coat of paint on our ghettos, we can paint the ghettos bright cheerful colors, and we can build libraries and coffee shops in the ghettos, etc, and old buildings can be torn down to create green space such as parks, etc. I think Elvis was friends with Martin Luther King Jr.

If they are not helping the orphans, and the poor, and if they are not ministering to the people in prison, etc, like the Lord instructs in Matthew 25; 31-46 then they are not real Christians.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 02:34:32 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7096 on: January 13, 2024, 04:52:48 PM »

Not people who remember that Jesus was born a refugee and that his mission was to get people to support the least among us and to separate the spiritual from the political, tearing down hypocrites who fake holiness for political ends and serve personal greed at the expense of their fellow man.

King saw churches filled with people at war with the kingdom of Heaven that Jesus described.

You should think about this as you finish your journey straight to Hell, Bambu. An awakening that saves you from your blasphemous idolatry may still be possible.

Towing back the boats by "The Monk" (former Aust Prime Minister Tony Abbott) was a very good Christian act.
. Put the people smugglers out of business.
. Stopped asylum seekers drowning at sea when the unseaworthy smuggling boats sank.
. Allowed refugees waiting in line in UN camps worldwide, some sleeping standing up in mud, their chance at a safe and better life.
. Enforced the rule of law, enforced border security/integrity.

Go woke, go broke.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #7097 on: January 13, 2024, 05:39:14 PM »

John Kerry bowing out as Energy Czar.
And people say there is no good news anymore!

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7098 on: January 13, 2024, 05:39:55 PM »

If we want to reduce the number of refugees in the world then we need to invest a lot more money into the Peace Corps, and we need to prevent the situations that cause the mass exoduses.

And in El Salvador we can send representatives from Homeboy Industries in Los Angeles to help them with their gang problems, etc, and we can also send representatives from Boy's Town to teach them how to help the orphans.

We can also connect New Orleans, Louisiana, up with Colombia, and Colombia can send the Coffee Beans directly from Colombia to the ports in New Orleans, and the Coffee Beans can be roasted in New Orleans and from there the Roasted Coffee Beans can be sent all over the USA and to Canada, etc. And we can paint our ghettos bright cheerful colors and we can open libraries and Coffee Shops in our ghettos and the Colombian Coffee can be sold in the freshly painted ghettos all over the USA, along with nice new libraries, etc.

We also need to send teachers to the poor places, along with the libraries and coffee shops, etc.

And we need to invest in Peace and the Advancement of Peaceful Human Civilization.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7099 on: January 13, 2024, 06:18:18 PM »

Then there is the war between Christian denominations...Roman Catholic and Protestant.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7100 on: January 14, 2024, 04:47:39 AM »

If you all went Quaker and took it seriously you would be more respected and less maligned. You could not get any further from Heaven than where you are heading now. What is the harm in trying to fly right?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7101 on: January 14, 2024, 11:03:12 AM »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/jan/14/christopher-rufo-jonatan-pallesen-eugenics-racism-claudine-gay-harvard

Critic of Claudine Gay apparently not quite as reputable a scientist as many wanted to believe.
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7102 on: January 14, 2024, 02:02:48 PM »

John Kerry bowing out as Energy Czar.
And people say there is no good news anymore!

It is great news. Kerry is moving to campaigning full time to save America from pricks like you.

This year there is no work more important in this country than whooping your ass.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7103 on: January 14, 2024, 04:17:47 PM »

The Abraham Accords were a good idea because it went back to Abraham when all faiths were united.

And yes, there have been problems between England and the Catholic Church, but right now we need to work together for peace, and we need to stop Putin, etc. The whole world needs to unite to stop Putin. The United Nations needs to have more power.

And on the issue of Elvis, and the song "In the Ghetto," it would be great if Shakira could sing "In The Ghetto" and then use the money earned to start a new charity to beautify and improve our ghettos, the ghettos can be painted bright cheerful colors, and libraries can be built in the ghettos, and there can be Coffee Shops in the ghetto selling Colombian Coffee, etc. I am sure Priscilla would allow Shakira to sing the song for charity.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7104 on: January 14, 2024, 07:32:57 PM »

You have to clean out your stable, Bambu.

Strip the cross from the Ralph Reeds and Leonard Leos of the world. Then what you are saying might make a little more sense.

When I look at all the injustices of the world, and I drive past churches, I ask myself,  What kind of people worship there? 

- Martin Luther King, Jr.

That would be people who believe that Jesus was/is real.
That he was born on earth in Bethlehem, walked among the People of the time, was crucified, then ascended into Heaven.
Christmas and Easter.

You missed King's point.  He looked around America and could not help wondering how people who purportedly followed Christ could treat their fellow human beings the way they were doing.

He was very wise.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7105 on: January 15, 2024, 02:16:08 PM »

America needs to do a better job pertaining to teaching Civics to our people; we have a nation that is Of the People, By the People, For the People, and it is up to us to be the caretakers of our nation.

And if things are getting bad, then it is up to us to save America and to make things better.

Scott Baio has lived a charmed life, Scott experienced the very best that the USA has to offer, he had the beautiful girlfriends and the dream job as an actor working on "Happy Days" and several other hit shows, he has had wealth, and fame, and honor, and all of the best that the world has to offer. But, then as soon as times get hard, he leaves California and moves to Florida instead of helping to save California. And if a rich and powerful man like Scott Baio has a hard time here, then imagine how ineffective a poor man like me must be as I try to make things better not only here in California, but also all over the USA, and I want to see conditions improve in Mexico, and in Latin America, and in the world. It is up to the people at the top to help to save the USA, and Scott Baio should have tried to help to save California instead of just running to Florida when times get hard. The poor homeless guys cannot save California, it is up to the rich guys at the top like Scott Baio to save California.

American Citizens need to be taught what it means to be an American Citizen, and they need to be taught the responsibilities that come with being an American Citizen.

Of the people, By the People, For the People. Of Us, By Us, For Us.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7106 on: January 15, 2024, 03:44:18 PM »

We have stars on our flag, and our stars are our Royalty in America. Hopefully we elevate the best and the coolest to the level of stardom to be leaders for our nation. And Frank Sinatra really was Chairman of the Board, Sinatra was a leader. And Marilyn, and John Wayne, our stars have always been our Royalty. Elvis was the King. Our stars are our Royalty. Reagan was a star who became President.

In Colombia they have Shakira who is helping to build schools and teach the children in Colombia, she is a star who is Royalty in Colombia.

And of note, we can all make a difference by volunteering with charities such as Kiwanis International, we can all help to make the world a better place.

Life is crazy, and God has picked me to be a diplomat for the USA on a couple of occasions, I had a roommate in Malibu who was the daughter of a Chinese General, and I made Peace with her. And then I became friends with wealthy people from the Philippines, including a cousin of the former President of the Philippines, Gloria Arroyo. And I dined with the Mayor of Laguna Beach at a formal dinner to discuss ways to help the homeless and I taught her a lot. I was also in Kiwanis with the members of City Hall, etc. So, God uses me to help people, even though I am a humble man of little means, but then so too was Cesar Chavez poor, Cesar Chavez was not motivated by wealth, he was motivated by the desire to help other human beings, and he changed the world. We will see what happens.

Meanwhile I am blessed to be gifted in the ancient art of Rhetoric, and I can use this computer to connect with people.

We will see what happens.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7107 on: January 15, 2024, 04:20:37 PM »

My favorite star right now is Dolly Parton, and she is Royalty in America. Dolly donated the money that found the vaccine for Covid, she donated to Vanderbilt University and they found the cure. Dolly also donates books and libraries, etc. Dolly started out very poor, and she became one of the most powerful people in the world. I love Dolly Parton.

Another great star is Willie Nelson, he performed to raise money to help the farmers, and he even smoked pot on the roof of the White House with Carter's son. Willie Nelson is Royalty in the USA.

In Hollywood we have Jeff Bridges who is a cool star, he lives in Malibu. Jeff Bridges helps to raise money to feed the hungry children, and he does a lot of good things.

Our stars are our Royalty in the USA.

Roy Rogers was King of the Cowboys, and he donated children's hospitals, and he founded the Happy Trails Children's Foundation, etc. Roy and Dale gave all of their money away to charity and they lived humble lives in Apple Valley where the cost of living was cheap at that time. Roy never owned a Rolls Royce or anything, although he had a special Cadillac that was made for him. Roy did have a nice yacht for a while that he used to take his family to Catalina Island on, for a while yachts were popular, and John Wayne had a yacht, etc. Roy tried to set a good example for the children, and he gave all of his money to charity. Roy was a good guy. And Roy started out poor and was a child of the Great Depression, he picked fruit here in California when he first got here, he lived in the same camp that was in the movie "The Grapes of Wrath" by John Steinbeck.

Anyhow, our stars are our Royalty in America, like Dolly Parton, and Willie Nelson.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 04:23:14 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7108 on: January 15, 2024, 05:46:24 PM »

On Martin Luther King Jr Day it is important for people to remember their achievements, including the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Civil Rights Act of 1968; which are also known as the Equal Opportunity Act of 1964, and the Fair Housing Act of 1968. We need to all have an equal shot at jobs and housing, otherwise it is all bullshit. If we have to be poor, and homeless, and outcast, here in our own nation then it is all bullshit. So, we have rules which insure that we all have an equal shot at being able to earn a living and to rent an apartment, and that was what Martin Luther King Jr marched for.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7109 on: January 15, 2024, 07:53:50 PM »

You have an equal shot at being QB for the Rams?

You are as mistaken about the concept of Equality as you are about everything you post.

You live in the world of your imagination; sorry, it is not the real world.

You are projecting your own failure as a human being onto me.

And we all have an equal shot at Public Housing, and on Government Jobs, etc. And McDonald's has to be an equal opportunity employer, etc.

Our Equal Opportunity Act of 1964 does not mean we can all be Tom Hanks, but it means that NASA has to give you an equal opportunity.

Fair Housing does not mean we all get mansions in Malibu, but everyone has an equal shot here at my apartment complex where I live.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 559