Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 559

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 117634 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7125 on: January 16, 2024, 02:48:54 PM »

It was also revealed that 2 of the only several warships in Australia's fleet will have to be taken out of service...can't get enough personnel to sail them.
Ditto the army.
Seems no one much wants to join the military today.
You like dreamers? I dream of the day when that is universal.

See the Taliban charging any of their fighters with murder if ordered out on a night raid, and when fired upon from a house, seriously firing back at the house, killing the occupants including women and children?
So, your primary question on how civilized nations and their military should act is, "What would the Taliban do?" They are your standard of behavior? Interesting.
No 1 radio host saved the troops involved from murder charges.
Fuck your No. 2 No. 1 radio host.

Standard of behaviour?
All good.
But best of luck recruiting people to live up to those standards in a war, with their lives on the line.
So the People are saying "no thanks" to joining the military.
Charged with murder for firing back at a house that's firing at you?    Baaah!

Nuke missiles must now be the weapons of choice for Australia.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 03:30:18 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #7126 on: January 16, 2024, 02:53:57 PM »

Take his lament, among dozens, that Iranians live in Beverly Hills and Americans sleep on the sidewalks.

I have issues with Salute Tony V's posts as well, but I don't believe that lament is his.  It's Luee's.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7127 on: January 16, 2024, 03:00:37 PM »

FAC, OC:  Your defense of a guy who praises monarchy and Royalty and then
whines about Nepotism keeping him jobless is quite touching.
Tony has been trying out this script of his for years.  I have refrained from
any critique for too long.  He wants to write his self-pity and nonsense on Elba,
that is his choice.  Back on ignore he goes, as soon as I give him a whiff of the grapes of Truth.

1) Hollywood is about make-believe, not reality.

There are many movies made in Hollywood that are about true stories/events.

Maybe you'd like to post in this forum your practical solutions for helping the vast number of homeless people in America improve their lives, have enough to eat, and stop having to live and die in squalor on the streets.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7128 on: January 16, 2024, 03:17:31 PM »

I have no issues with Salute Tony V's posts.
My lament is that immigrant camps for asylum-seekers/economic immigrants are being set up in America at the expense of locals having to vacate their stadiums etc to make room.

Said camps providing every amenity for the immigrants, plenty of food, every luxury, while Americans are starving, dirty, putrid clothes, on the streets.

Trump had the right idea...make the asylum seekers apply from Mexican soil, where they are safe.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7129 on: January 16, 2024, 03:32:43 PM »

I have no issues with Salute Tony V's posts.
My lament is that immigrant camps for asylum-seekers/economic immigrants are being set up in America at the expense of locals having to vacate their stadiums etc to make room.

Said camps providing every amenity for the immigrants, plenty of food, every luxury, while Americans are starving, dirty, putrid clothes, on the streets.

Trump had the right idea...make the asylum seekers apply from Mexican soil, where they are safe.
That would have essentially zero effect on homelessness in the US because they are unrelated issues. If you want to know why we have not tackled the homelessness problem, ask your No. 1 radio hosts and the politicians he supports.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7130 on: January 16, 2024, 03:33:46 PM »

FAC, OC:  Your defense of a guy who praises monarchy and Royalty and then
whines about Nepotism keeping him jobless is quite touching.
Tony has been trying out this script of his for years.  I have refrained from
any critique for too long.  He wants to write his self-pity and nonsense on Elba,
that is his choice.  Back on ignore he goes, as soon as I give him a whiff of the grapes of Truth.

1) Hollywood is about make-believe, not reality.

There are many movies made in Hollywood that are about true stories/events.

Maybe you'd like to post in this forum your practical solutions for helping the vast number of homeless people in America improve their lives, have enough to eat, and stop having to live and die in squalor on the streets.
Vote for Democrats. That is the most practical solution.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7131 on: January 16, 2024, 03:51:03 PM »

Spanish singer and actor Miguel Bose...video on Instagram...

"40,000 slave children in Congo are forced to work in cobalt mines so we can drive electric cars."

#####

Slave children in Africa today?
Surely not.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7132 on: January 16, 2024, 05:05:53 PM »

Solar is great in the deserts, and in sunny locations, but in areas such as Battle Mountain, Nevada, where they receive snow every year, then there needs to be a heating source on the solar panels to melt the snow.

---------

The heating film for solar panels is made to measure in double layer adhesive aluminum for any model of solar panel, with modular power supply system with IP68 connectors and with a power of about 175 W. In a few minutes it brings the surface of the panel to around 10 degrees Celsius eliminating the snow.

------------

People are showing photos on the web of solar panels covered in snow and they are saying that solar is impractical in areas where it snows, but they just need to spend a few dollars more to apply the heating film to their solar panels and the heating film will melt the snow. Solar is fine for Battle Mountain, you just need to spend a few dollars more to buy the heating film to melt the snow.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 05:10:30 PM by FlyingVProd »

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7133 on: January 16, 2024, 05:27:28 PM »

People are showing photos on the web of solar panels covered in snow and they are saying that solar is impractical in areas where it snows, but they just need to spend a few dollars more to apply the heating film to their solar panels and the heating film will melt the snow. Solar is fine for Battle Mountain, you just need to spend a few dollars more to buy the heating film to melt the snow.

Correct.  Also, any smooth surface angled for maximum sun, snow will melt off quickly. 
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7134 on: January 16, 2024, 05:31:52 PM »

REPOSTED (got lost earlier in the chat)

I was so annoyed that a Trump victory party in Iowa would appropriate George Harrison s What is Life that I had to cleanse that wonderful song by watching this video, with two dancers from the SF Ballet... beautiful!

https://youtu.be/fiH9edd25Bc?si=b8hQU03TCitJoIWq

Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7135 on: January 16, 2024, 05:45:21 PM »

mrs bambu stayed in  'Quad Cities' Iowa/Illinois when she visited America.
Her hosts and other people she met there were very nice.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 05:48:32 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #7136 on: January 16, 2024, 05:56:26 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/jan/14/christopher-rufo-jonatan-pallesen-eugenics-racism-claudine-gay-harvard

Critic of Claudine Gay apparently not quite as reputable a scientist as many wanted to believe.
Claudine Gay is reputable?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7137 on: January 16, 2024, 06:00:45 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/jan/14/christopher-rufo-jonatan-pallesen-eugenics-racism-claudine-gay-harvard

Critic of Claudine Gay apparently not quite as reputable a scientist as many wanted to believe.
Reading is fundamental. Try it sometime.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 06:04:15 PM by Hairy Lime »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #7138 on: January 16, 2024, 06:28:17 PM »

Reading Claudine Gay is reading who?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7139 on: January 16, 2024, 06:46:12 PM »

Reading Claudine Gay is reading who?
I prefer blue cheese dressing on my word salad.
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 559