Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 684

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 252960 times)

jmmengel

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #8565 on: May 16, 2024, 12:28:43 PM »

Hamas as an organization has no right to walk on this earth.  Nothing positive will occur if it survives. A fact that most, if not alll, of the Arab world agrees with.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8566 on: May 16, 2024, 12:45:37 PM »

The republican party as an organization has no right to walk on this earth. Nothing positive will occur if it survives, a fact that most if not all of the civilized world agrees with.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8567 on: May 16, 2024, 12:53:41 PM »

Wouldn't a "Palestinian state...run and secured by Israel" actually be Israel?

Not necessarily.
Think of it as 'overseen', 'inspected'.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8568 on: May 16, 2024, 12:55:58 PM »

Hamas as an organization has no right to walk on this earth.  Nothing positive will occur if it survives. A fact that most, if not alll, of the Arab world agrees with.
Sure. But they do and they will continue to do so and be a power to be reckoned with. And military attempts to wipe them out will not work. It is already failing. Just ask the Palestinians not flocking to replace them in post war Gaza.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #8569 on: May 16, 2024, 12:57:57 PM »

Not necessarily.
Which is quite sensibly the last thing Israel wants. Unless they want to paint huge concentric red circles on the backs of the overseers and inspectors.
A parrot bit me.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8570 on: May 16, 2024, 01:43:08 PM »

Located in southwest Kansas, legendary Dodge City sits on the banks of the Arkansas River and atop the largest underground water table in the world, the Ogallala Aquifer. The surrounding Red Hills are a source of bountiful wildlife. Fort Dodge was built in 1865 to protect the wagon trains and U.S. mail and supply troops for the Indian Wars.

--------

Dodge City would be a good spot for refugees, and they can raise pigs to export Pork to China. They have plenty of water in that region. When I went through Kansas on a Greyhound Bus then at that time Kansas was all hay fields and cattle. They are probably raising cattle for McDonald's, etc. They can raise pigs too, for China.

And would the Governor of Arizona, Katie Hobbs, be a good President of the United States?

Mayor Bass is doing a great job here in Los Angeles. But we still need cheap hostels, and cheap Sober living Homes, for the homeless. We are making progress on the homeless, but we could bring in the entrepreneurs if we let them run hostels and sober living homes tax free.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8571 on: May 16, 2024, 01:46:04 PM »

Not necessarily.
Which is quite sensibly the last thing Israel wants. Unless they want to paint huge concentric red circles on the backs of the overseers and inspectors.

Well a two state solution is what the US, the UN, and most everyone else are in favour of.
The pro-Palestine protesters worldwide seem to hate the Jews/Israel and want them gone, with a new state of Palestine being "from the river to the sea". They are demanding it all.
With Israel basically being the 'Jews last stand' I can't see them agreeing to that.
Israel is left with no choice but to keep on destroying every Hamas hiding place/weapons storage facility in Gaza, while trying to free the hostages.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8572 on: May 16, 2024, 01:55:30 PM »

Israel just wants to live in peace, they do not want anything to do with the Palestinians. Israel can have walls, and the Iron Dome to stop missiles, and Israel just needs to be left alone to live in peace. The Peace Corps and the United Nations, etc, can help the Palestinians, etc, and I recommend the forest of Canada as a safe spot for the refugees from the Middle East, there is a Kiwanis Village in Victoria, British Columbia, that would be perfect for the refugees. And they can work peaceful jobs in the forest industry in Canada.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #8573 on: May 16, 2024, 02:01:14 PM »

I recommend the forest of Canada as a safe spot for the refugees from the Middle East, there is a Kiwanis Village in Victoria, British Columbia, that would be perfect for the refugees. And they can work peaceful jobs in the forest industry in Canada.

I'm sure they'll take it under advisement.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 03:24:46 PM by Yankguy1 »
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #8574 on: May 16, 2024, 02:26:03 PM »

Not necessarily.

Well a two state solution is what the US, the UN, and most everyone else are in favour of.
The pro-Palestine protesters worldwide seem to hate the Jews/Israel and want them gone, with a new state of Palestine being "from the river to the sea". They are demanding it all.
You are arguing that Israel should create an Israel "from the river to the sea".
A parrot bit me.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8575 on: May 16, 2024, 04:33:23 PM »

Not necessarily.

You are arguing that Israel should create an Israel "from the river to the sea".

That's one solution, with the Palestinians relocated to Muslim Arab nations.
Problem with that idea is that no Muslim Arab nation seems to want them.

If the US abandons Israel because it won't accept redrawn boundaries in a two state solution, from where will Israel then get its weapons for self defence?
There was a two state solution in 1948, but the Palestinians never accepted that, so they probably won't accept it today.

Looks like the perpetual war continues...no solutions possible.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 04:59:36 PM by bambu. »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8576 on: May 16, 2024, 05:21:19 PM »

Not necessarily.

What gets done to you at your carceral facility, basically. I do admit to feeling better knowing you are under strict lock and key.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8577 on: May 16, 2024, 05:23:53 PM »

Not necessarily.

Bambu is following the dictates of his white vs. brown world view.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #8578 on: May 16, 2024, 05:29:34 PM »

Not necessarily.

That's one solution, with the Palestinians relocated to Muslim Arab nations.
So your only problem with "From the river to the sea" is who is chanting it. Good to know there are some genocides you support.
Problem with that idea is that no Muslim Arab nation seems to want them.

If the US abandons Israel because it won't accept redrawn boundaries in a two state solution, from where will Israel then get its weapons for self defence?
There was a two state solution in 1948, but the Palestinians never accepted that, so they probably won't accept it today.
Your ignorance of history is boundless. Something like 750,000 Palestinians were driven from their homes in 1948. Why would, or should, they accept a solution that normalized and approved that? Would Australia? Would anyone?
Looks like the perpetual war continues...no solutions possible.
Not if you take subjugation of Palestinians as a starting point.
A parrot bit me.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8579 on: May 16, 2024, 05:35:04 PM »

Not necessarily.

Bambu is following the dictates of his white vs. brown world view.

Not at all.
This is obviously a religious war.

The 'Hispanic Leaders Speak Out' article sure opened my eyes though.
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 684