Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 669

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 244081 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #9450 on: July 12, 2024, 01:46:04 AM »

Have the barbaric, evil, torture murdering Hamas terrorists released the hostages yet?
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #9451 on: July 12, 2024, 06:47:17 AM »

Because there are enough people like you who do not care that he is a convicted felon.
I think  Bambu has the perspective you refuse to acknowledge.
. I stop reading your posts when they start with the words: I think
Ego cogito, ergo sum

Ergo es stultus
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9452 on: July 12, 2024, 08:33:39 AM »

Because there are enough people like you who do not care that he is a convicted felon.
I think  Bambu has the perspective you refuse to acknowledge.
So does my poodle. And he once peed on a sign announcing a highway through Texas as the "Jefferson Davis Memorial Highway" so he is smarter then bambu.
A parrot bit me.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #9453 on: July 12, 2024, 02:04:09 PM »

Ego cogito, ergo sum

Ergo es stultus

Heh.  And incorrect.  When a Latin verb, in this case cogitare, is conjugated then the pronoun is implied and ergo unnecessary.  Cogito ergo sum.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9454 on: July 12, 2024, 03:57:03 PM »

Ego cogito, ergo sum

Ergo es stultus

Heh.  And incorrect.  When a Latin verb, in this case cogitare, is conjugated then the pronoun is implied and ergo unnecessary.  Cogito ergo sum.
Given RedDick's struggles with the English language and common English definitions, he should avoid other languages until he has some elemental mastery of English.
A parrot bit me.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9455 on: July 12, 2024, 07:54:09 PM »

Bambu, Mel Gibson lives by the Paradise Cove Restaurant in Malibu by Cross Creek Road and Pacific Coast Highway. Michael Landon, and James Garner used to hang out at the restaurant at Paradise Cove with Mel Gibson. 25 years ago the restaurant at Paradise Cove was awesome, I could get a window seat without a reservation with a view of the ocean, and the place was full of stars, and the food and service was fantastic, it was great. And they had 24 hour security with free parking. As they became more busy and as the interior filled to capacity, then they put tables with umbrellas outside and they served their guests outside and as more people came then the more tables they put outside. 25 years ago then the restaurant at Paradise Cove was great, but sadly I was told that the prices are too high now, and they charge for parking, and the stars quit going, sad. Someone cool like Me needs to buy the Paradise Cove Restaurant and they need to make it cool again. I would be great to own that restaurant, and I could have beach parties with the Red Hot Chili Peppers who live in Malibu, and I could film Beach Blanket Bingo movies there, and we can bring  back "The Rockford Files" etc. And people could film Bible Movies by where they filmed MASH in Malibu, etc. And they filmed "Planet of the Apes" with Charlton Heston in Malibu. We will see, I would be willing to buy the restaurant in Paradise Cove and make it nice again. And I could bring the stars back, I could bring in the new generation of stars. And Mel Gibson lives there, and Mel has a huge family. Malibu is a great place. I loved living in Malibu.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9456 on: July 12, 2024, 10:44:19 PM »

Bambu, President Biden mentioned Australia in a recent interview, he messed up and mentioned Australia twice, and he could not remember Taiwan and the Philippines, but he mentioned Australia twice and he mentioned Japan and South Korea. And he talked about getting along well with the President of China, they have direct communication.

Peace.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9457 on: July 12, 2024, 11:02:55 PM »

Thailand is a good peaceful nation. I met a woman from Thailand, her Uncle was the Mayor of a City in Thailand. She told me that if I went to Thailand that I could have lots of cheap servants, such as a maid, gardener, driver, cook, etc, she said in Thailand they all have servants.

In Malibu we had a maid from El Salvador, she was a Butcher in El Salvador but in Malibu she earned more money as a maid, Consuela, she was great. And we had Gardeners from Brazil, we had a big yard and rose garden and we had a whole family from Brazil who did our Yard Work, there was about 4 of them and they did our yard work. I worked as a Limousine Driver for Gemstar, and we were the official Limousine Service for the Jay Leno Show, and along with Limousines we also had vans, buses, private jets, and personal body guards, etc.

Anyhow, we have servants here in California just like they do in Thailand. And I myself have been a Limousine Driver in Malibu, and also I was a Doorman / Valet for Suzanne Pleshette at Empire West in West Hollywood.

And Thailand has always been a good peaceful nation. I have never heard anything bad about Thailand. And they have 65 million people in Thailand. Thailand seems to be a very good nation to have as a friend and as an ally.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9458 on: July 13, 2024, 03:17:06 AM »

Good news story;

Biola Dawa was born in a refugee camp in Uganda. Now she plays rugby for Australia.

Dawa became the first person of Sudanese heritage to play for Australia in Test rugby [highest level] - male or female - last weekend when the 23 year old made her debut for the Wallaroos [women's team] against Fiji in Sydney.

#####

A fine example of a refugee making the most of her opportunity in a new land.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9459 on: July 13, 2024, 03:45:13 AM »

What is a Wallaroo? you ask, or not.  lol

Not a cross between a Wallaby and a Kangaroo.

Wallaroo is is a separate macropod species of its own.

. Kangaroo...big, grey, .......and huge and muscular red males.

. Wallaroo...smaller, looks like a small kangaroo, some say "cuter".

. Wallaby...smaller than Wallaroo. Looks like a shorter, rounder, kangaroo.

'Kangaroos' ...men's Australian rugby League [NRL]...game like in Vegas...team.
'Wallabies'... men's Australian rugby Union [different game altogether] team.

'Jillaroos'...women's Australian rugby League [WNRL]...team.
'Wallaroos'...women's Australian rugby Union team.

Just in case you were wondering.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A Jillaroo [nothing to do with footy, ranching is where the name comes from] is a young woman in training on a cattle ranch or sheep ranch in Australia.

A Jackaroo is a young man in training on a cattle ranch or sheep ranch in Australia.

Jack and Jill.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2024, 01:25:45 PM by bambu. »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9460 on: July 13, 2024, 01:33:54 PM »

"Anne Frank statue in Amsterdam vandalised ... defaced with "Gaza" graffiti."

#####

No respect...none whatsoever!

Anyone on the "Gaza" bandwagon needs to get off it...if they want to maintain their decency.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #9461 on: July 13, 2024, 10:20:28 PM »

What is a Wallaroo? you ask, or not. 

A name the missus has given your man parts on the rare occasions it shows signs of life?

Tie your wallaroo down, sport!
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9462 on: July 13, 2024, 10:58:45 PM »

What is a Wallaroo? you ask, or not. 

A name the missus has given your man parts on the rare occasions it shows signs of life?

Tie your wallaroo down, sport!

LOL

Dumb song.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9463 on: July 13, 2024, 11:46:59 PM »

I hope a war does not break out in the USA between Trump supporters and Democrats. To the North we have the Kiwanis Village in Victoria, British Columbia, as a safe spot if a war breaks out, and to the South we have Acapulco, Mexico, as a safe spot for Americans.

Anaheim has a population that is mostly Latinos, with Whites in the minority. Trump pissed off the Mexicans, the Mexicans all hate Trump, Natalie Rubalcava does not like Trump, no one here likes Trump. I am lucky and I have Olive Skin because I have some French ancestors and Native America Indians, etc, so the Mexicans are cool to me. And I drank beer and ate tacos at the local Bodega with members of La Fabrica. And in Santa Ana I was introduced to the leaders of F Troop, they owned a 99 cent store, etc. Plus we have Kiwanis International, etc. I think Anaheim will remain peaceful, I do not think that the Republicans and Democrats will fight here.

Blessed are the Peacemakers.

And Anaheim is rich, the rich people do not have revolutions. There is no reason for crime nor for war in Anaheim. We need peace, and we need good schools, etc, and world trade, etc.

Bambu, let me know if you see a commercial for Disneyland in Anaheim on your television, and for the City of Anaheim. Our City Government spends money to advertise our City for the Tourists, we advertise in England, etc. We need to advertise in Australia too, and I would invite the Australians to come here and do a "Walk About" and spend time just exploring, and they can walk all over Hollywood, etc, and they can ride the trains and buses, etc. Plus, Los Angeles has 50,000 immigrants from Australia here. Disneyland is great, and Universal Studios is great, but there is also the Magic Castle in Hollywood, and there are many fantastic restaurants where you can dine with the rich and famous. And Malibu is great, and West Hollywood, and soon there will be a Museum in Lancaster for their contributions in Aero-Space, and Defense, etc, so the Australians can visit Lancaster, etc. Anyhow, I hope that we have advertising all around the world, and especially with nations where the people speak English.

And Zelenskyy needs to come to the Russian Tea Room in New York City to ask for help, the Russian community in New York City is very powerful.

Peace.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2024, 11:48:59 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9464 on: July 14, 2024, 02:28:14 AM »

Anaheim has had record tourism...

https://www.anaheimchamber.org/economic-impact-of-tourism/

And Fullerton Community College is training people for jobs working for Disney.

And we have the University of California in Irvine Medical School, and we have Cal State University Fullerton, and we have  Chapman University and Chapman film school, etc.

There is no reason for crime nor war in Anaheim.

And we have the Calvary Chapel Open Door Church by La Palma Park where the homeless are welcome. We also have the Mental Health Association in Santa Ana, and the Wellness Center in Orange, to help the homeless, etc. And we have many Catholic Churches including the Crystal Cathedral, etc.

I do not see any reason for crime in Anaheim, nor for a civil war.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 669