Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 669

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 244038 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #9465 on: July 14, 2024, 03:48:04 AM »

Los Angeles is going to reconnect MacArthur Park to make it nicer...

https://www.foxla.com/news/city-launches-plan-reconnect-macarthur-park

And Oscar Night Parties can be thrown there at the Park Plaza Hotel, with outdoor parties and an outdoor bar there at MacArthur Park, the best bands can play, the best chefs can cook, and the stars can eat, and party, and then they can sleep in the rooms at the Park Plaza Hotel, the best sheets can be put on the beds, etc.

Also, 4th of July Events can happen at MacArthur Park, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #9466 on: July 14, 2024, 12:36:58 PM »

It may be useful to look at the topics being currently under discussion on a forum thread, and engage with other members on them.  A lot of the value of forums is that sort of give-and-take, with mutual listening, that happens when people don't use the venue to blog or soapbox.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9467 on: July 14, 2024, 05:46:00 PM »

I would love to produce some plays, my Hometown has the Lancaster Performing Arts Center, which is beautiful, and Lancaster is rich now because of aerospace and defense, etc, they have Lockheed, and Northrop, and Edwards, and NASA, etc, etc, etc, a lot of money is being made in the Antelope Valley, and so the people can afford to spend money for good plays to go see.

I managed the Canine Country Club for almost a decade before the Performing Arts Center was built, and the Boss's wife, Barbara, was involved with the Cedar Street Theatre, and she was also involved with the Theatre Program at Antelope Valley College, etc. Now they are all involved with the Lancaster Performing Arts Center.

There is a Book Store on Sunset Blvd in Hollywood named the Samuel French Book Store and they have Plays there, and you can buy the plays and read them, and then when you find a play that you wish to produce then you tell the Book Store which one you want to produce and you can pay the Royalties right there to Samuel French to get the rights to produce the play. Then you hire some old professionals to help you, you get some people who have done it before and who know how to help you.

Anyhow, if I was rich and retired in Lancaster then I would be producing plays from Samuel French at the Lancaster Performing Arts Center.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #9468 on: July 14, 2024, 11:01:42 PM »

I would love to produce some plays, my Hometown has the Lancaster Performing Arts Center, which is beautiful, and Lancaster is rich now because of aerospace and defense, etc, they have Lockheed, and Northrop, and Edwards, and NASA, etc, etc, etc, a lot of money is being made in the Antelope Valley, and so the people can afford to spend money for good plays to go see.

I managed the Canine Country Club for almost a decade before the Performing Arts Center was built, and the Boss's wife, Barbara, was involved with the Cedar Street Theatre, and she was also involved with the Theatre Program at Antelope Valley College, etc. Now they are all involved with the Lancaster Performing Arts Center.

There is a Book Store on Sunset Blvd in Hollywood named the Samuel French Book Store and they have Plays there, and you can buy the plays and read them, and then when you find a play that you wish to produce then you tell the Book Store which one you want to produce and you can pay the Royalties right there to Samuel French to get the rights to produce the play. Then you hire some old professionals to help you, you get some people who have done it before and who know how to help you.

Anyhow, if I was rich and retired in Lancaster then I would be producing plays from Samuel French at the Lancaster Performing Arts Center.

Salute,

Tony V.

When are you going to sign up with a community theater and see if you can do what you dream of?
The best thing I ever did for myself was to volunteer on a political campaign when I came from college. I discovered I was as good as I thought I was.
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9469 on: July 14, 2024, 11:56:47 PM »

Metrolink riders in San Bernardino County will soon be able to make their daily trips using cutting-edge technology: the first zero-emission, hydrogen-powered hybrid train in the U.S. has arrived in San Bernardino, with an aim to start passenger service later this year.

---

And very cool Larry, you have a good heart, and you mean well, and that is what is important, you care about the people. When the love of people becomes more powerful than the love of power and greed, then the world will get better. And you are not going to sell out when the going gets hard. We get tested sometimes in life.

The White House Restaurant on Division Street in Lancaster, California, is for sale, for $500,000 and it is running full steam right now, it is a successful business, the new owner can just take it over. And they have fantastic food, including wonderful Patty Melts on Rye. Maybe the Roy Rogers Family will buy the restaurant, or maybe someone from Venice Beach will buy it, but I hope someone buys the White House Restaurant on Division Street in Lancaster and I hope that they keep it open, and it is a great place for the Cruisers to hang out, etc.

And for me, I would like to own the Restaurant at Paradise Cove in Malibu. We could film Beach Blanket Bingo Movies, and we could bring back "The Rockford Files" and we could shoot Bible Movies where they shot MASH, and Charlton Heston shot "Planet of the Apes" in Malibu, I would love to own the Restaurant at Paradise Cove.

Meanwhile I am so lucky to live in Anaheim, out in the desert my Mother had a temperature of 110 degrees, while it was only 75 in Anaheim and we had a nice cool sea breeze in Anaheim.

Anyhow, thanks Larry, and what makes you special is that your heart is in the right place, and you have good intentions.

I was in Kiwanis International for 2 years, and that was pretty cool.

Lots of good things are happening, no reason for wars.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2024, 11:59:00 PM by FlyingVProd »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9470 on: July 15, 2024, 04:54:28 PM »

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9471 on: July 15, 2024, 11:18:54 PM »

Right now is Mango Season, if you like Mangoes, and Mango Sauce, etc. ( There was a commercial where a Cave Man ordered the Roasted Duck with Mango Sauce at a restaurant. ) Mangoes are cheap and plentiful right now, we need to send the mangoes to all of the cold states where they do not have mangoes, so that they can eat mangoes and so they can make mango sauce for their roasted duck, etc. We need to make sure that Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, etc, receive lots of mangoes, so they can enjoy the blessings of America. Our cheap and plentiful mango crop here in America is a blessing, we need to make sure that Alaska and all of the cold states get mangoes.

Today when I was shopping for groceries the clerk at the Northgate Market had a tattoo that said "Blessed" and it reminded me that it is a blessing to have good stores here in America that are well stocked with food. You would not find a well-stocked market like this in many other places, and we need to make sure that the people in Alaska, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, etc, receive lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, etc, and that their markets are well-stocked. We also need to make sure that New York City, Chicago, Saint Louis, Detroit, Cincinnati, etc, etc, etc, are all receiving mangoes, and other fresh fruits and vegetables, etc, and good meat, etc.

And we can put all of the refugees from the Southern Border to work growing food, with Sunkist, etc, and working for Tyson Foods in Arkansas, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9472 on: July 16, 2024, 01:22:50 AM »

We are meant to lead America, we the people are in power, the President is our Puppet, we tell the President what to do. The People are the power in America. The Government is public servants.

And it is the little things in life that make things great, such as the fact that right now is Mango Season, and we can be sending Mangoes to Alaska, and Colorado, and to Wyoming, and Idaho, and all over America. Having Roasted Duck with Mango Sauce is a blessing for being born in America. And I suggest a good wine from California to go with your dinner. Tisdale is $4 per bottle, and the Merlot is good with Chocolate, and the Cabernet Sauvignon is good with chicken, etc.

We need to send the blessings of America to our people, such as sending Mangoes to Alaska, etc, and to New York City, Chicago, Saint Louis, Detroit, etc, Cincinnati, etc.

And Colombia can bless New Orleans, and South America can send us Coffee, and Chocolate, and other goods, and Shakira and Sofia Vergara can open restaurants in New Orleans, etc.

Peace, And tell Zelenskyy to come to the Russian Tea Room in New York City to ask for help, the Russian Community in New York City is very powerful.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9473 on: July 16, 2024, 02:29:35 AM »

When Putin is ready to surrender, relinquish all sovereign Ukrainian territory including Crimea and concede 100 miles into Russia as a demilitarized buffer zone all along the Ukrainian and Belarusian borders, submit to the ICC for trial and pay the estimate made by Ukraine for the cost of reparations and damages plus an extra 50 percent as a good will gesture, then they can sign the paperwork at The Russian Tea Room in NYC.

Until then I do not think he needs to go into anything Russian at all. He has drones and missiles for that. We should give him a lot more so he can step up the kind of kinetic sanctions that will allow Ukraine to win the war.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9474 on: July 16, 2024, 02:49:45 AM »

When Putin is ready to surrender, relinquish all sovereign Ukrainian territory including Crimea and concede 100 miles into Russia as a demilitarized buffer zone all along the Ukrainian and Belarusian borders, submit to the ICC for trial and pay the estimate made by Ukraine for the cost of reparations and damages plus an extra 50 percent as a good will gesture, then they can sign the paperwork at The Russian Tea Room in NYC.

Until then I do not think he needs to go into anything Russian at all. He has drones and missiles for that. We should give him a lot more so he can step up the kind of kinetic sanctions that will allow Ukraine to win the war.

We have rendered drones worthless with devices to jam and crash drones.

And we need to send Putin to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and he can live the rest of his life in Cuba.

We can put our friends and allies in charge of Russia. And we can spend money to make our allies rich and powerful in Russia. Our allies can eat caviar, and they can drink the best champagne, etc. We could be sending Mangoes, and Avocados, to Moscow, and the best Beef from Nevada, etc.

Meanwhile we have the Gold Mines in Battle Mountain, Nevada, etc, and in Mexico, etc, and we have coffee in Colombia, and Colombia has Gold, etc, and South America makes Chocolate, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9475 on: July 16, 2024, 08:48:18 AM »

Right now is Mango Season, if you like Mangoes, and Mango Sauce, etc. ( There was a commercial where a Cave Man ordered the Roasted Duck with Mango Sauce at a restaurant. ) Mangoes are cheap and plentiful right now, we need to send the mangoes to all of the cold states where they do not have mangoes, so that they can eat mangoes and so they can make mango sauce for their roasted duck, etc. We need to make sure that Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, etc, receive lots of mangoes, so they can enjoy the blessings of America. Our cheap and plentiful mango crop here in America is a blessing, we need to make sure that Alaska and all of the cold states get mangoes.

Today when I was shopping for groceries the clerk at the Northgate Market had a tattoo that said "Blessed" and it reminded me that it is a blessing to have good stores here in America that are well stocked with food. You would not find a well-stocked market like this in many other places, and we need to make sure that the people in Alaska, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, etc, receive lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, etc, and that their markets are well-stocked. We also need to make sure that New York City, Chicago, Saint Louis, Detroit, Cincinnati, etc, etc, etc, are all receiving mangoes, and other fresh fruits and vegetables, etc, and good meat, etc.

And we can put all of the refugees from the Southern Border to work growing food, with Sunkist, etc, and working for Tyson Foods in Arkansas, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.
Mangii are the best fruit. Finally, something not stupid from salute tony v.
A parrot bit me.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #9476 on: July 16, 2024, 03:41:44 PM »

I had the pleasure of living in Anaheim  for a couple of years last century and the weather is ideal and it is close to the beaches. Even though I lived a couple of blocks from Disney I never visited.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #9477 on: July 16, 2024, 03:45:29 PM »

Has Tony not been alerted to the existence of long haul trucks, railways, and an interstate highway network??  Mangos have been showing up in South Dakota for some time now.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9478 on: July 16, 2024, 04:20:02 PM »

I had the pleasure of living in Anaheim  for a couple of years last century and the weather is ideal and it is close to the beaches. Even though I lived a couple of blocks from Disney I never visited.
I have a hard time believing you had pleasure living anywhere.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2024, 04:50:53 PM by Yankguy1 »
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9479 on: July 16, 2024, 04:48:48 PM »

Very cool. Anaheim is great, the weather is great, and the economy is good, and the community is working hard now to help the homeless, etc.

And yes, Disney is expensive, I would love to go to Disney, and to Club 33, etc, but it is too expensive.

Lots of money is being invested in Anaheim, and we have Chapman film school close by, I am optimistic about the future here, meanwhile I have a nice safe apartment, lots to be grateful for.

And I spent a summer in Florida in back around 1979 when I was about 12 years old, I had a step-dad who was the boss of the Space Shuttle Program, and we lived right on the beach in Cape Canaveral, at the Wind Jammer Condominiums, it was great. Florida has Disney, and Universal, and NASA, etc, and great beaches, Florida is great. And the women in Florida are great. I tried to move back to Florida in around 1993, when I was a young man, I went cross country on a Greyhound bus to Florida, but I could not get a job. But, I got to see Jimmy Page from Led Zeppelin at a club on the beach in Cocoa Beach, he jammed all night at a club on the sand with a house band named the Groove Monsters, it was great, they played the Blues all night.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 669