Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 632 633 [634] 635 636 ... 669

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 243991 times)

LarryB!

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #9495 on: July 18, 2024, 09:57:13 PM »

RIPurgatory

Lou Dobbs
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9496 on: July 18, 2024, 10:12:37 PM »

Always loved Bob Newhart.  Whenever I visited my son in Evanston, I'd make it a point to stop Dr. Bob Hartley's residence in Edgewater.

"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9497 on: July 18, 2024, 10:14:31 PM »

I wish there were some way I could get that picture to be even bigger.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #9498 on: July 19, 2024, 12:17:24 AM »

Well that acceptance speech was Fidel Castroesque!

That was a very low energy rambling piece of schtick.

Now the media can start covering Trump like they cover Joe Biden.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9499 on: July 19, 2024, 12:52:22 AM »

Trump Lecter 2024 - half fictional all cannibal
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #9500 on: July 19, 2024, 04:15:31 AM »

I have to ask Republicans, Is this your King?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9501 on: July 19, 2024, 07:52:30 AM »

Global tech meltdown...oh no.

Worldwide chaos.

Banks, airports, supermarkets, telcos...etc

As Pro Hart's housekeeper said in the TV advert...as she entered the room and saw his latest offering...art on the floor, massive dragonfly made of food...

"Oh Mr Hart. what a mess!"

Hysterical Aussie shoppers have warned each other to "stock up on toilet paper" as a global tech outage causes chaos at supermarkets across the country.

#####

Oh no, the toilet paper war is back on!
Just when I let the stocks run down, and have no money to buy more until next Wednesday.
Damn, damn, damn.
Oh well, such is life.
I must add this to my "Never Again" list.        x Never again run out of toilet paper.

Obviously I have to set up my garage as a mini supermarket.

I'm so happy I was at home today when the outage happened...someone stuffed up a software update at the 'back up your data' company.
Heads must roll.
para; "A dress rehearsal in miniature for what a global cyber terror attack will look like"...expert on my tv.

Cash is king!

I was at home, and can stay home...the 'millions' of people caught at airports around the world have no such luxury.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2024, 04:50:48 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #9502 on: July 19, 2024, 09:39:00 AM »

Also a Bob fan.  I bet he would have a good laugh if he woke up in the afterlife lying next to Suzanne Pleshette.

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #9503 on: July 19, 2024, 09:40:52 AM »

No tariffs on fava beans or Chianti!

Im on the pavement

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9504 on: July 19, 2024, 09:48:21 AM »

Also a Bob fan.  I bet he would have a good laugh if he woke up in the afterlife lying next to Suzanne Pleshette.
  I don't know much about Suzanne Pleshette.  Maybe there's a poster here who could provide some information about her.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #9505 on: July 19, 2024, 10:11:32 AM »

I don't know much about Suzanne Pleshette.  Maybe there's a poster here who could provide some information about her.

Har!
Im on the pavement

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #9506 on: July 19, 2024, 02:50:00 PM »

Haw!

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9507 on: July 19, 2024, 04:23:35 PM »

The son of the 5th richest man in the world, Ellison from Oracle, just bought Paramount Studios, the best and the brightest all want to work in show business. But, without the trained talented people there show business would not exist, a studio is just a bunch of empty warehouses without talented people to make the movie magic happen. Which means that the corporations need to support the film schools and the acting schools etc. The AADA West is closing, and that should never happen, with show business being a top industry then the graduates from the film and acting schools should be in high demand. The film students from Chapman and USC should be going straight to work when they graduate. And for me, it would be great to just go act in some student films for free and meet the film students and find helpers to make my movie script and to publish my poetry book. Anyhow, all of the rich people want to work in the entertainment industry. And Newsom is lowering taxes for film and television production, things should get better and more jobs will hopefully be created.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9508 on: July 20, 2024, 12:06:34 PM »

Global tech meltdown...oh no.

Worldwide chaos.

Banks, airports, supermarkets, telcos...etc

As Pro Hart's housekeeper said in the TV advert...as she entered the room and saw his latest offering...art on the floor, massive dragonfly made of food...

"Oh Mr Hart. what a mess!"

Hysterical Aussie shoppers have warned each other to "stock up on toilet paper" as a global tech outage causes chaos at supermarkets across the country.

#####

Oh no, the toilet paper war is back on!
Just when I let the stocks run down, and have no money to buy more until next Wednesday.
Damn, damn, damn.
Oh well, such is life.
I must add this to my "Never Again" list.        x Never again run out of toilet paper.

Obviously I have to set up my garage as a mini supermarket.

I'm so happy I was at home today when the outage happened...someone stuffed up a software update at the 'back up your data' company.
Heads must roll.
para; "A dress rehearsal in miniature for what a global cyber terror attack will look like"...expert on my tv.

Cash is king!

I was at home, and can stay home...the 'millions' of people caught at airports around the world have no such luxury.

Hemp toilet paper makes sense...

https://hempindustrydaily.com/inside-the-deal-between-paper-giant-georgia-pacific-and-the-canadian-firm-partnering-to-make-hemp-derived-products/

People can grow hemp in Australia to make toilet paper, hemp is easier and faster than trees and hemp will grow anywhere. Kansas, Nebraska, etc, can all grow hemp for toilet paper, etc.

On the issue of cash, make sure that Australia ties your currency to Gold, and Diamonds like Israel, to keep your currency stable. The Bank of New York is heavily invested in the Gold Mines in Nevada. And the World Bank gets Gold from Colombia, etc.

On the issue of Computers, someone needs to bring back America On Line, maybe Ellison will buy AOL and make it great again, there are many old timers who still use AOL.

Glad you were home and safe Bambu.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9509 on: July 20, 2024, 12:47:19 PM »

DiGiorno lowered the prices on their frozen pizzas and then they increased the size, so they were 33% larger for $1 less, and they sold out fast, every store sold out of the DiGiorno frozen pizza.

https://www.nestle.com/brands/culinary-chilled-frozen/digiorno

So I had to buy Freschetta which is good, I bought the Hawaiian style pizza with Canadian Bacon and pineapple, they make good pizzas.

But, do not buy the Red Baron frozen pizza, the crust tastes like cardboard.

The DiGiorno was a good deal, you could buy a supreme frozen pizza for the price of a cheeseburger at a fast food place, people could eat something healthier than a cheeseburger, but they sold out fast, and who knows when they will have the DiGiorno frozen pizzas back in the stores? ( And in California I want for our Senior Citizens to eat good frozen pizza and drink good Californian wine, instead of living on cat food or other bad things you hear about. If you can get a frozen pizza for the price of a cheeseburger, then that gives more options for the Senior Citizens. )

Salute,

Tony V.

Pages: 1 ... 632 633 [634] 635 636 ... 669