Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 669

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 243879 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #9555 on: July 25, 2024, 11:37:45 PM »

As we look for ways to give visions in film and television to the people of the world, then here is an idea...

The name of the new show can be "The Influencer" about a teen girl in Oregon who becomes a huge sensation on the world wide web and brings peace to Iran, etc. She can live at a house in Albany, Oregon. She can amass millions of followers like Mahlagha Jaberi and like Marli Buccola, and others, and she can bring peace to Iran and good human rights to Iran, etc.

New shows from Hollywood can bring visions of good possible worlds.

And in real life people are living in travel trailers and motor homes.

Blessed are the Peacemakers.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9556 on: July 26, 2024, 01:03:28 PM »

I own the movie "The Grapes of Wrath" on DVD, it is a great movie. The Great Depression was a brutal time in America. It certainly changed the course of my family tree. My Great Grandfather did not make it, he became an alcoholic after falling into poverty after being the Chief of Police of Denver, Colorado, and dining with the Governor of Colorado, etc. But my Great Grandmother succeeded with her own restaurant and tended to helping the family, etc.

We still have desperate people who come to California to pick fruit like my family did, only back during the Great Depression it was all Americans coming to California to pick fruit, it was people from Oklahoma, and Arkansas, and Kansas, and from Colorado, and other states, all poor and desperate coming to California to pick fruit. And back then, as was shown in "The Grapes of Wrath" they did not have Labor Unions, etc, the workers are lucky now and they have the United Farm Workers. So, when I buy California wine and Sunkist Oranges, etc, then I can be happy knowing that the workers are good Union workers who are paid fair and who are treated well.

Our agriculture here is a blessing, and Sunkist is increasing exports of oranges to China, etc, so that is good. We need to hook the desperate immigrants from our Southern Border up with the United Farm Workers, and they can have good honest work.

And now the descendants of the people from the Great Depression are the bosses on the farms, so maybe they are kinder and gentler and more empathetic. There is no shame in picking fruit for a living, and we need to make sure that the workers are respected and that they are treated well. And we need to make our immigrants legal so that they can join labor unions, and so that they can call the police in the case of an emergency, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9557 on: July 26, 2024, 04:25:56 PM »

We are making progress on dismantling the drug cartels in Mexico. We can do just like we did in Colombia, we removed Pablo Escobar while we funded anti-drug operations and while we funded education and helped to create honest employment, etc.

We are removing the bad guys, and we need to simultaneously fund education and we need to create honest opportunities.

There is no reason to be a criminal if you can make honest money. Just like with the gangs in the USA. We need to take away the bad, while we replace it with beneficial replacements.

Right now Mexico is trying to get people to grow avocados, and limes, etc, instead of doing illegal activities, and that is the kind of stuff that we need to support.

And we can educate people on how bad the illegal drugs are. For one thing, I wrote a movie script about how bad illegal drugs are, and we need to have movies and television shows about the horrors of illegal drugs. And we can make After School Specials like the old days to teach important lessons to the youth, such as warning them about the dangers of illegal drugs, etc.

We also need to replace the bad role models with good role models for the youth, such as Jonas Salk, and other good role models.

Father Boyle and Homeboy Industries can also help, as can the Catholic Church, etc, and Youth For Christ, etc, and the YMCA, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9558 on: July 27, 2024, 07:26:09 PM »

We have come a long way since Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves. Lincoln believed that the workers were valuable and that the workers deserved good pay and good treatment. He believed that people were more valuable than capital, and that labor mattered.

Lincoln would love the set up that we have now, with freedom, and with the United Farm Workers, etc. Instead of having to bring ships full of slaves to do the work, we have people coming from all over the world to work in the fields here in California picking the fruit, etc. And we have schools and education and libraries for the workers, Lincoln would be very happy with the set up that we have now.

The USA has come a long way since the Civil War.

Salute,

Tony V.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9559 on: July 28, 2024, 03:17:55 PM »

What do either the Last Supper or Drag Shows have to do with the Summer Olympics?

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #9560 on: July 28, 2024, 04:38:13 PM »

What do either the Last Supper or Drag Shows have to do with the Summer Olympics?

The Da Vinci painting?

Nothing, really.

Drag shows?

Its France, yo.
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9561 on: July 28, 2024, 05:10:35 PM »

The Da Vinci painting?

Nothing, really.

Drag shows?

Its France, yo.
Thanks.  I thought it was just me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9562 on: July 28, 2024, 05:24:53 PM »

Celine Dione was stunning, though. Much more worthy of attention.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #9563 on: July 28, 2024, 06:00:10 PM »

The Da Vinci painting?

Nothing, really.

Drag shows?

Its France, yo.

Host cities often stage shows about local culture, a sort of welcome to our world thing.  So, Paris, right? Olympic gold medalist of naughtiness?  Anything goes, all are welcome, we like to regularly scandalize the bishops. 

Nothing says Paris quite like...a practically naked singer painted blue making thinly veiled references to his body parts. 

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #9564 on: July 28, 2024, 06:27:54 PM »

What do either the Last Supper? or Drag Shows have to do with the Summer Olympics?

The Da Vinci painting?

Nothing, really.

Drag shows?

Its France, yo.
Thanks.  I thought it was just me.

Meet the ancient Greeks!

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9565 on: July 28, 2024, 06:50:31 PM »

The Da Vinci painting?

Nothing, really.

Drag shows?

Its France, yo.

Host cities often stage shows about local culture, a sort of welcome to our world thing.  So, Paris, right? Olympic gold medalist of naughtiness?  Anything goes, all are welcome, we like to regularly scandalize the bishops. 

Nothing says Paris quite like...a practically naked singer painted blue making thinly veiled references to his body parts.
And you would know this, how?

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9566 on: July 28, 2024, 07:23:19 PM »

The Senator who represents Battle Mountain, Nevada, Senator Masto, wants to know where the money is coming from to support the Mexican Drug Cartels, and I told her that it is coming from selling horrible illegal drugs to our teenagers, etc. But, instead of spending our resources just punishing people, then instead we need to spend our resources to get people converted from bad things to good things, we need to get them to grow avocados, and limes, etc. Father Boyle and Homeboy Industries from Los Angeles can help to teach Senator Masto, and Mexico.

Poverty is the father of crime and revolution, and as a Christian I am all about redeeming people, and I am all about honest jobs and good schools and good libraries, etc. And Father Boyle and Homeboy Industries can help to teach Senator Masto.

We need to send wonderful avocados from Mexico to Nevada, and to Kentucky, and to everyone.

And I support Labor Unions and Labor Laws, etc, and the United Farm Workers, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #9567 on: July 28, 2024, 10:12:09 PM »

The Da Vinci painting?

Nothing, really.

Drag shows?

Its France, yo.

Its a depiction of a French painting depicting Ancient Greek mythology featuring the God of wine and fertility and has nothing to do with an Italian painting.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #9568 on: July 28, 2024, 10:20:11 PM »

The Da Vinci painting?

Nothing, really.

Drag shows?

Its France, yo.

Well, multiple ways to know about Paris, I suppose.  For me it was living in France for a few months and spending time in Paris and learning to speak French and traveling around with some Frenchies to visit archeological sites, that sort of thing.   

That said, I aint never seen no queen in her damn undies...
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9569 on: July 29, 2024, 02:15:02 AM »

I just watched (on Youtube) a chicken play 'America the Beautiful' on a keyboard.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.
Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 669