Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 638 639 [640] 641 642 ... 669

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 243855 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #9585 on: July 30, 2024, 11:59:16 AM »

The best response yet to the Olympic Drag Show kerfuffle

Christians are right to be irritated. The drag queens and their ideological allies got what they wanted, and all it cost was a further cheapening of art and heritage. Never expect beauty from a group that applies foundation and eye shadow as if they are  available in five gallon buckets at Menards.

It is not our job to defend the honor of God nearly as much as it is our duty to exhibit his grace in adversity.

Brett Weinstein
Best in that it clearly displays the fact that it was not the appropriation of Leonardo's tableau - which has been done for.dramatic or comic effect by artists from Robert Altman to Mel Brooks to The Simpsons without excessive right wing pantie bunching - but that it had gay people in it, and cross dressers.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9586 on: July 30, 2024, 02:11:42 PM »

bambu your women's rugby team is worthless and weak.
A parrot bit me.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #9587 on: July 30, 2024, 03:44:48 PM »

The best response yet to the Olympic Drag Show kerfuffle

Christians are right to be irritated. The drag queens and their ideological allies got what they wanted, and all it cost was a further cheapening of art and heritage. Never expect beauty from a group that applies foundation and eye shadow as if they are  available in five gallon buckets at Menards.

It is not our job to defend the honor of God nearly as much as it is our duty to exhibit his grace in adversity.

Brett Weinstein

Art and heritage?

Motherfucker its FRANCE!

And FUCK THAT GUY!

Weinstein has been criticized for making false statements about COVID-19 treatments and vaccines, and for spreading misinformation about HIV/AIDS.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2024, 03:48:34 PM by LarryB! »
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #9588 on: July 30, 2024, 03:53:48 PM »

The drag queens and their ideological allies got what they wanted, and all it cost was a further cheapening of art and heritage

art = stuff that older guys named Bret who like to spread medical misinformation and who grew up near a Menards (ergo, Michigan, Wisconsin, northern Midwest) think has value

cheapening = anything that does not affirm my personal lifestyle and surfaces my sexual insecurities.

heritage = classical paintings in museums in which women picnic naked but the men keep their upper-class clothes on. (in the paintings, not the museums, I mean, fucking sloppy sentence structure)
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9589 on: July 30, 2024, 03:59:54 PM »

heritage = classical paintings in museums in which women picnic naked but the men keep their upper-class clothes on. (in the paintings, not the museums, I mean, fucking sloppy sentence structure)

Bummer.

I was just about to starch my cummerbund.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #9590 on: July 30, 2024, 04:17:30 PM »

Bummer.

I was just about to starch my cummerbund.

Heh.  Careful with the starch.  Some guys tend to over apply it, IYKWIM.

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9591 on: July 30, 2024, 07:07:31 PM »

Mayor Bass is doing a great job and she is doing a lot to help the homeless, but now we need to make sure that we obey our Civil Rights Acts of 1964 and 1968, etc, and all people need to have equal access to resources, so to make sure that this happens then the ACLU needs to conduct Random Sample Surveys of the Homeless People to see which Religion the people are, and their race, etc, and make sure that no one is experiencing homelessness anymore than the next person. If the surveys reveal that everything is fair, then there is no needed action beyond testing that needs to be done, but if the tests reveal inequalities then we need to fix the situation.

And right now new help is available for Veterans, and new people are being trained to help Veterans, ect. My Dearly Departed Friend Tom was a Combat Medic for the Marines and he was a Doctor for the Navy for 20 years in Pennsylvania, and that is where the Navy trains a lot of their doctors, so if you are a Veteran from the Navy and if you need a Doctor then go to Pennsylvania and that is where the Navy trains their Doctors. If you are in the Marines in San Diego, then you can get Doctors from Vietnam, etc, they come here and go to school and become Psychiatrists, etc. And my friend married a Bride from Russia and she went to college to become a Nurse Practitioner and so he has his own private nurse, his Bride is his Nurse.

Bass is doing great, and more help is available for abused women and for foster youth, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9592 on: July 30, 2024, 11:08:38 PM »

On the issue of the big empty department stores, such as the big empty Sears on La Palma in Buena Park, that empty Sears could be a giant Trader Joe's, with 50 different kinds of frozen pizzas, and 50 different kinds of frozen burritos, etc, and a wider selection of foods at good cheap prices.

Also, someone can bring back the Broadway Department Stores like the one I worked at in Pasadena, it was a great store and we had the best stuff for the best prices.

And companies from Mexico want to open Department Stores in the USA, which is great.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9593 on: July 31, 2024, 10:45:49 PM »

But a steady decline in the states prison population due to sentencing reform has left many of Californias minimum security conservation camps operating at half capacity or less. And as the 2024 fire season kicks into high gear, Cal Fire is short 110 of its 236 budgeted hand crews. May 31, 2024

--------

As we have fewer prisoners to do labor to prevent fires, then we need to bring in sheep and goats to do the work to eat the vegetation to reduce the fires. We can bring in the Basques with sheep and goat herds to graze on the canyons etc, to prevent fires.

Also, as we have fewer prisoners then we need to bull-doze and destroy the prison in Lancaster, California, we can demolish the prison and we can build a new Medical School on that property, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9594 on: August 01, 2024, 08:10:07 AM »

People shop online today.
Click, click, click...does the trick.
The delivery fee is cheaper than trudging around shops all day.
Half the time the shops don't have the same range of goods as online, or are out of stock.
One problem with buying things online is that if you're not home when the items are delivered...the bad people will steal them....and you've paid the money but have only ended up with fresh air as your parcel.
Thieves are almost the lowest form of life, but chopping off their hands is totally barbaric.
People stealing food because they're hungry is not ok, but totally understandable.

Sometimes though, depending on what you're buying, you really have to go to actual stores and try on the clothes and feel the leather in belts, wallets, bags etc.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9595 on: August 01, 2024, 11:00:51 AM »

It's a sevens tournament...seven a side. Rugby Union.
'Pretend' footy.

They won the gold medal in Rio 2016.

In 'proper' footy...Rugby League, as displayed in Vegas last March, the Australian women's team,  Jillaroos...in 2016, we're crowned  Women's Rugby League World Cup champions for a third straight tournament.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9596 on: August 01, 2024, 11:16:01 AM »

It's a sevens tournament...seven a side. Rugby Union.
'Pretend' footy.

They won the gold medal in Rio 2016.

In 'proper' footy...Rugby League, as displayed in Vegas last March, the Australian women's team,  Jillaroos...in 2016, we're crowned  Women's Rugby League World Cup champions for a third straight tournament.
All I see are excuses.
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9597 on: August 01, 2024, 11:40:46 AM »

And FUCK THAT GUY!

Weinstein has been criticized for making false statements about COVID-19 treatments and vaccines, and for spreading misinformation about HIV/AIDS.

That is his sin alone?
Actually he joins a group of just about everybody, including the entire Biden Administratiin,

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #9598 on: August 01, 2024, 01:55:59 PM »

And FUCK THAT GUY!

That is his sin alone?
Actually he joins a group of just about everybody, including the entire Biden Administratiin,

Everybody is an anti-vaxxer? Everyone spreads misinformation HIV/AIDS?

Bruh.

That is lame, even for you.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #9599 on: August 01, 2024, 02:16:58 PM »

Meanwhile

The Nomination Roll Call is underway and after Vice President KamalaHarris speaks at the funeral for Congressional icon, Sheila Jackson-Lee, she will return to Washington to greet the released hostages. Another diplomatic coup for the administration of President Dark Brandon!

The group of freed hostages included Wall Street Journal reporter Evan Gershkovich whom Donald J. Trump had claimed President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia would free for him, but not for anybody else.

Looks like Vladimir may be hedging his bets on the election.
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 [640] 641 642 ... 669