Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 669

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 243425 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #9885 on: August 30, 2024, 02:49:54 PM »

Maybe like you believe is the case with with guns, the amount of death and carnage on highways is collateral damage, an acceptable cost of freedom!!!
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9886 on: August 30, 2024, 03:27:39 PM »

Freedom is one thing, allowing  anarchy on the roads is quite another.

Now there are non-lethal pepper spray handguns.
They fire 'bullets' filled with pepper instead of lead.
When they hit, a thick cloud of pepper spray surrounds the target causing same result as spray.

Some American motorists are pepper spraying road rage perps approaching them to do harm.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9887 on: August 30, 2024, 05:30:52 PM »

You are a pure pile of wet turd, Bambi.

Fortunately you are too slow to victimize anyone but yourself.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9888 on: August 30, 2024, 05:50:39 PM »

There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2022.

Video shows Texas roadways are riddled with deadly and horrific injury crashes.

Yeah, what do you know about Texas? It is a fucking massive place that is a combination of 85 mph through stupor inducing landscape and highly congested cities with people trying to get someplace in a hurry. It would surprise me if under the best of circumstances there wasn't at least one death a day. No matter what you do.
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9889 on: August 30, 2024, 06:11:16 PM »

Maybe like you believe is the case with with guns, the amount of death and carnage on highways is collateral damage, an acceptable cost of freedom!!!
Death on the highways could be reduced to near zero with ten mph speed limits.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9890 on: August 30, 2024, 07:06:26 PM »

The problem in Texas is with motorists exceeding the speed limits, the video quotes experts.
Maybe people who can't drive well at 85mph are doing 105mph plus.
Some footage showed motorists 'flying'.
Problem also seems to be at intersections, people 'flying' thru them at way too fast speed.
State should start impounding cars when motorists are caught going 25mph or more over the speed limit.
It's what happens in bambuworld.
Motorists looking very unhappy as their wheels are hauled away on the tow truck.
"One month from now you can get the car back, just pay $800 plus the towing fee."

Not even one death on the roads is acceptable.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2024, 07:10:07 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #9891 on: August 30, 2024, 09:24:02 PM »

Deaths are drastically reduced when people drive at the present speed limits.   Strong enforcement, stiff fines, no warning tickets...saves lives.  Or just drive on I-5 South, in LA - your speed will be very very safe.  I doubt anyone driving that section between 5am and midnight has been able to speed in the past fifty years.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9892 on: August 31, 2024, 12:38:41 AM »

I saw on the news that Mustard Dogs are not healthy, but I thought the Chicken Dogs were healthy, and Turkey Dogs, but I do not know. I bet the Hebrew National Kosher Hot Dogs are healthy. Mustard Dogs are great with Merlot on a nice summer night. I will have to investigate, I might need to spend a dollar more to eat healthier mustard dogs.

Anthony Bordain recommended Street Dogs in Manhattan, and 7-Eleven is selling Mustard Dogs for $1.50, so when you can buy 8 Mustard Dogs and Buns for $5 then it is a great deal, with some nice Yellow Mustard, but it might be best to spend a little more and get healthier hot dogs. And then a nice Merlot from Modesto goes great with the Mustard Dogs. Mustard Dogs and Merlot are among the simple pleasures in life.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9893 on: August 31, 2024, 12:49:20 AM »

America needs to build LOTS of high speed trains, including building high speed trains between New Orleans and Texas, and between Texas and Las Vegas, etc, and we can get people to ride the trains instead of driving, and we can even sell them beer and cocktails and food at the Train Stations.

In Rome they all walk, and ride the subways, and they have bicycles, and mopeds, very few people have cars in the Center of Rome, and they walk to the store for groceries for dinner every  evening and walking keeps them healthy, and they eat healthy food, and they are living to be 100 years old. They even have a train that they put on a barge and float across the sea to Sicily from Italy. Europe loves Trains.

Walking can be pleasant, and people can ride high speed trains, etc, and they can ride bicycles, etc.

We are building lots of new Subways in Los Angeles to prepare for the Olympics, and we need to keep going and we need to build a lot of new Subways. And then the new high speed trains will be great.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2024, 12:51:43 AM by FlyingVProd »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9894 on: August 31, 2024, 01:23:14 AM »

Deaths are drastically reduced when people drive at the present speed limits.   Strong enforcement, stiff fines, no warning tickets...saves lives.  Or just drive on I-5 South, in LA - your speed will be very very safe.  I doubt anyone driving that section between 5am and midnight has been able to speed in the past fifty years.

Depending on how you define in LA, I have probably pulled it off a handful of times in the past couple of years - allegedly and maintaining a safe speed within the flow of traffic to be sure.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Middlesex

• View Profile
« Reply #9895 on: August 31, 2024, 12:24:55 PM »

Cool.  Admit my brief and pretty limited experience with I5 some years ago may not apply further south.   I think I got up to 30 at one point and it felt amazing.   Once we were back on surface streets, we were like, why not just use surface streets?  Anyway, it made me a bigger fan of light rail. 

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #9896 on: August 31, 2024, 04:25:50 PM »

12 million immigrants are taking up all the inexpensive housing, raising inflation for all and forcing vets and the poor to sleep in the streets. Less immigration and more deportations is the only answer.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9897 on: August 31, 2024, 05:22:06 PM »

12 million immigrants are taking up all the inexpensive housing, raising inflation for all and forcing vets and the poor to sleep in the streets. Less immigration and more deportations is the only answer.

Put them all to work, they love to work hard, and the Bible even teaches us to work hard. They can work with the United Farm Workers, and with the Teamsters, and they can build High Speed Trains, and they can build Housing, and they can lay cobblestones and they can do public landscaping, and they can put a fresh coat of paint on our ghettos, give them redevelopment money and Business Loans and send them to the ghettos, and in 10 years the ghettos will all be nice like Amsterdam. In Detroit the best neighborhoods are where the Polish live, and where the Mexicans live. California has 400,000 Farm Workers right now. And Texas wants to make Wine, etc.

Plus we can educate and train the immigrants to be helpers for our people. And my friends from the Philippines spent their whole lives helping the homeless. I invited the San Miguel Corporation from the Philippines to come here and do Business in Hollywood, etc, and they are Christian and they will be altruistic here and they will help the poor. And we have good Social Workers here who came here from Venezuela, etc.

Help is on the way.

Peace.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9898 on: August 31, 2024, 05:24:51 PM »

It would be good if we could teach the Street Vendors how to make and sell healthy food, especially for the upcoming Olympics in Los Angeles.

Here in Anaheim we have community centers where they teach the refugees how to cook healthy meals for their families, they teach the Moms how to cook healthy meals for their children, and those same Teachers who teach the refugees can teach the Street Vendors how to cook healthy food to sell to the Tourists. Then, the Tourists will have healthy food options when it comes to Street Food.

The Elote, Mexican Street Corn, is great, and it is healthy. And the Fish Tacos are healthy, and chicken is healthy, there are a lot of healthy food options, and the Kosher food might be safe, it would be good if the Teachers could teach the Street Vendors how to prepare and sell healthier foods to the Tourists.

And the Europeans will all want Wine when they come here for the Olympics.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9899 on: August 31, 2024, 10:00:36 PM »

I would lay odds some girl luee used to like got long dicked by some brown guy with an accent and he has never gotten over it.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2024, 11:04:25 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 669