Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 253041 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #10230 on: October 04, 2024, 09:10:52 PM »

That is fantastic. Who knew Sky News had such a fine sense of irony?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #10231 on: October 04, 2024, 09:43:56 PM »

Sky News:

"Iran's Supreme leader holds prayers in Tehran for the first time in years".

#####

Maybe he thinks he might not be around for much longer.

Oh, and the US is bombing the Houthis.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2024, 09:47:38 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #10232 on: October 05, 2024, 04:11:39 AM »

Iran's Supreme Leader, in his speech calling for the Muslim world to unite, called the US "a rabid dog".

Well there's the message for any Americans still in love with Iran.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #10233 on: October 05, 2024, 07:28:11 AM »

How much were the supplies for the straw-man you are building?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Oi!

• View Profile
« Reply #10234 on: October 05, 2024, 11:07:19 AM »

That is fantastic. Who knew Sky News had such a fine sense of irony?
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #10235 on: October 05, 2024, 12:18:04 PM »

Daily Telegraph today:
Top Stories:

"Iran is on the verge of a nervous breakdown: Can it hold?

The supreme leader was left shaken by the assassination of Hezbollah's Hassan Nasrallah, his friend and ally-in-chief.
The Islamic Republic has never looked weaker."

#####

Good.
Perfect time to enact Trump's advice...smash it, starting with its nuke facilities.
It'll be too late in 6 months time when it has made nuclear weapons.

The Oct 7 invasion of Israel and the torture murder, beheading, burning to death of Jewish families was all the doing of Iran, Hamas, Hezbollah, their fighters/terrorists.
You'd have to be very mixed up in your mind to do that and think very bad things would not happen to you as a result.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #10236 on: October 05, 2024, 02:40:37 PM »

We would never let the worst among us speak with authority, and one needs to find the good people and then one will get a better opinion.

And Trump is an asshole who wants to round up and deport all illegals, instead of making everyone legal like Ronald Reagan did. We are all equal in America, and someone from Mexico has the same rights as a human that I have. In California we even give free Medical care to refugees. I agree with Walz that we should not de-humanize people. We are all equal.

For me, I tried to move to live in Rome, Italy, if I could have gotten a job in Rome then I would have stayed there. I love Rome.

In America I need to at least own a few McDonald's restaurants, my Grandmother worked at the original McDonald's in San Bernardino. One needs to have money to best enjoy America and the world. A McDonald's will succeed anywhere. I ate at the McDonald's by the United States Embassy in Rome when I went to the Embassy to apply for a job, the Pantheon, and the Hard Rock Cafe, are also in that area. You can get beer and wine with your Big Mac in Rome. I also ate at a McDonald's by Cinecitta, which is the largest movie studio in Europe.

I met the guy who wrote "Amistad" that was made by Spielberg and he got enough money to open 5 McDonald's restaurants in South Africa and then he hired his family members to work at his restaurants. McDonald's will succeed anywhere.

And we need to support the Christians in Lebanon. We also need to reach out to the Christians in Latin America.

I want to go explore Acapulco, Mexico, Elvis made a movie there, it might be a good place to shoot films, etc.

In the Middle East then they need to stop letting the crazy people have authority, and we need to support the sane peaceful Christians in the Middle East, etc.

Meanwhile, Kamala and Walz are way more sane than Trump. We need to make our immigrants legal like Reagan did, and then we can put everyone to work, and we can improve relations with Latin America and we can expand trade, etc.

Also, I hope the tax cuts help to bring the Entertainment Industry back to Hollywood, and to Anaheim, etc.

Peace.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2024, 02:54:48 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #10237 on: October 05, 2024, 06:27:47 PM »

"Donald Trump claimed Americans hit hard by Hurrican Helene were losing out on emergency relief money because it had been spent on migrants.
The White House swiftly rebutted the claims.

US Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas had FEMA, which he oversees, was short on cash for the rest of hurricane season.

Trump and his allies expressed outrage that the agency had spent over $640m on housing migrants."

#####

Sure looks like Trump is correct, again.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2024, 06:31:53 PM by bambu. »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10238 on: October 05, 2024, 07:56:39 PM »

He 8s full 0f shit, as usual. There is no connection between the two. None
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10239 on: October 05, 2024, 08:36:49 PM »

"Donald Trump claimed Americans hit hard by Hurrican Helene were losing out on emergency relief money because it had been spent on migrants.
The White House swiftly rebutted the claims.

US Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas had FEMA, which he oversees, was short on cash for the rest of hurricane season.

Trump and his allies expressed outrage that the agency had spent over $640m on housing migrants."

#####

Sure looks like Trump is correct, again.
Here you go you pathetically gullible upside down ass.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna173955
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #10240 on: October 05, 2024, 09:32:08 PM »

It is laughable to the nth degree when democrats complain about FEMA money being misspent when they cost all of us Billions of dollars over their  false claims of of RUSSIAN collusion.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10241 on: October 05, 2024, 09:36:53 PM »

Comrade RedDick is still pretending the Kremlin does not run his party through puppet trump.

He would like to see more money put into weathfare and the subjugation of women. He will vote crook and maniac straight up and down the ticket.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #10242 on: October 05, 2024, 09:44:31 PM »

Govt puts the funds into FEMA.

Not enough money in FEMA to pay to Helene victims, because instead of putting enough money in FEMA the govt spent it on migrants.
Yes?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #10243 on: October 05, 2024, 10:33:23 PM »

The only immigrants who should be approved for entry/settlement into a country like America are ones who can support themselves...
...with, in addition, a limited of number of genuine refugees from UNHCR camps.
A number limited to affordability for the govt/taxpayers, and successful integration into willing communities.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2024, 10:47:37 PM by bambu. »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10244 on: October 05, 2024, 10:57:58 PM »

Govt puts the funds into FEMA.

Not enough money in FEMA to pay to Helene victims, because instead of putting enough money in FEMA the govt spent it on migrants.
Yes?

No.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684