Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250103 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3015 on: November 16, 2019, 07:17:56 PM »

And Urban Meyer doesn't start Tom Brady II?

The guy will probably win the Heisman.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: November 16, 2019, 08:46:13 PM »

I don’t understand.

I know Rutgers put up 27 or 21 on tOSU.

Wake: 3

So we are supposed to get beaten or out scored by a team that can’t stop 2-7 Rutgers??

Keep smoking that crack, SNOWGLOBE, not to mix metaphors, but did you ever just consider that we are on a different plane, of existence.  You think, hey boys, we’ve got it this year.

Newsflash:  The Big Smalls is the South Atlantic Coastals, it’s totally hilarious, baby.

Rutgers?

They put 21 or 27 on you. 

Think about that for a second.

Now think about what CLEM would do??

Not let you score 55??

Ding.  Ding.  Ding.

Pathetic.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: November 16, 2019, 08:54:39 PM »

And Gene Smith on whether he has ever thought of sweeping a violation “under the rug,” regarding the Chase Young pay for play controversy:  “I haven’t thought of doing that...in years”

😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣❤️❤️☺️☺️🏈🏈✌️✌️🤭🤭🤔🤣

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: November 16, 2019, 10:11:43 PM »

Yawn
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: November 16, 2019, 10:43:48 PM »

Exactly

And at your peril

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: November 16, 2019, 11:00:39 PM »

Okla allows 31

Baylor allows 31

Math

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: November 16, 2019, 11:20:51 PM »

Baylor pays the real price of playing cupcakes.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: November 17, 2019, 12:33:30 AM »

A touch, a palpable touch.

Everybody is a cupcake until they aren’t like tUNC, like tUSC, like ILL, etc., et al...

So Wake didn’t suck until they did, which was today, and vs. VT, all I’ve been saying all 72 hrs. or so is that figure out how we don’t score and you do...

Points.

We don’t get scored on, and it could be because we play pansies but the comps tell you otherwise...

The South can’t tell the difference between ILL ID ND PDue tMSU MICH WISCO...

and then there’s tOSU...all fucking talk always has been, always will be...you have no idea how ridiculous you sound.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: November 17, 2019, 11:35:04 AM »

:-)
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: November 17, 2019, 12:21:44 PM »

Oklahoma simply did not let Baylor play in the second half last night.

The Sooners ran 58 plays after the break and Baylor ran just only 16. Baylor’s offense took up only five minutes and 40 seconds of clock time and included three three-and-outs and two turnovers. The Oklahoma comeback was the largest in its history.
Whether the Sooners can jump into the playoff picture is still iffy. Their SOS was hurt by two other second half rallies: Iowa State over Texas, and West Virginia beating Kansas State. And the Sooners May not get much of a bounce in the Big12 Championship game which is expected to be against Baylor

Alabama lost Tua Tagovailoa for the season to a freak hip injury. And it will probably cost them any  CFP hopes.

For one,  the Playoff Committee is directed to consider the following among other traits as it evaluates and compares teams:
Other relevant factors such as key injuries that may have affected a team’s performance during the season or likely will affect its postseason performance.
Second, and probably foremost is its SOS and the fact it cannot be a Conference Champion. Moreover Auburn suffered its 3rd loss yesterday to Georgia and will drop in the top 25 rankings. The Tigers are the only hope for the Tide to secure a major win this season.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 12:24:58 PM by Espnthree »

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: November 17, 2019, 04:21:10 PM »

I am nearly the last person on Earth to make excuses for Nick Saban.  But I can't fault him for playing Tua for one half of a football game.  He very clearly wanted to be in the game.  If this had happened in the fourth quarter, then sure, I would understand the second guessing.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: November 17, 2019, 07:13:06 PM »

I am nearly the last person on Earth to make excuses for Nick Saban.  But I can't fault him for playing Tua for one half of a football game.  He very clearly wanted to be in the game.  If this had happened in the fourth quarter, then sure, I would understand the second guessing.
Urban Meyer had a similar decision at Florida in 2009 as he related on Fox yesterday.
Tim Tebow was concussed in the 3rd quarter of a blow out win of Kentucky. After a bye week the Gators, defending National Champs, had a matchup with LSU. Meyer opted to sit Tebow.
But Tebow and his Dad came to Meyer’s house and argued that Tim was cleared by doctors and Meyer had no “ right” to sit him.
Tebow played and Florida went undefeated until losing to Alabama in the SEC title game.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: November 18, 2019, 01:28:07 AM »

And didn’t dislocate a him looking at buildings 15 houses for his people, terrible.

Who fuching needs disability insurance now?

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: November 18, 2019, 01:40:11 AM »

Do you think Nick negotiation made sure that his ameteur/pro athletes have disability insurance??

No, it didn’t occur to him or you or me, but whisk is the lawyer on the forum and I bet the ? wasn’t raised, but I would have, you don’t think Nick has a policy thrown in...

I’ve never seen worse eye darting, bad body language from a coach,ever, just look, he is telling you that he fucked up at the same time he’s telling you he did the thing that the player wanted to do, dissembler in chief of ALA.

You are better than that cap, we have dissembler in Chief, at leas no genocide or whatever on Nicks hands...

Pathetic

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: November 18, 2019, 05:55:40 AM »

Oklahoma simply did not let Baylor play in the second half last night.

The Sooners ran 58 plays after the break and Baylor ran just only 16. Baylor’s offense took up only five minutes and 40 seconds of clock time and included three three-and-outs and two turnovers. The Oklahoma comeback was the largest in its history.
Whether the Sooners can jump into the playoff picture is still iffy. Their SOS was hurt by two other second half rallies: Iowa State over Texas, and West Virginia beating Kansas State. And the Sooners May not get much of a bounce in the Big12 Championship game which is expected to be against Baylor

Alabama lost Tua Tagovailoa for the season to a freak hip injury. And it will probably cost them any  CFP hopes.

For one,  the Playoff Committee is directed to consider the following among other traits as it evaluates and compares teams:
Other relevant factors such as key injuries that may have affected a team’s performance during the season or likely will affect its postseason performance.
Second, and probably foremost is its SOS and the fact it cannot be a Conference Champion. Moreover Auburn suffered its 3rd loss yesterday to Georgia and will drop in the top 25 rankings. The Tigers are the only hope for the Tide to secure a major win this season.
Notably, the very first year the Committee jumped a team whose QB had suffered a season ending injury in the final regular season game into the playoffs.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 329