Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 256858 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3090 on: November 24, 2019, 02:40:19 PM »

A little too early to be that drunk.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: November 24, 2019, 04:11:19 PM »

Not a drop at the time, now I’ve had 2 beers.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: November 24, 2019, 05:17:38 PM »

Jimbo Baggins??

That’s funny, right?

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: November 24, 2019, 05:19:26 PM »

I get that you’re a C.H.U.D./tHE apologist, but c’mon.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: November 24, 2019, 05:50:39 PM »

Oh, Jimbo Baggins was good.

I am 13/14th of a Big Whatever fan. The THE is circumstantial - they have been the Conference's top team for a long time, and the flash point for haters and stupid, stupid men. And I do not have an encyclopedic knowledge of your personal code. Who or what is CHUD?
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: November 24, 2019, 05:55:53 PM »

Given how they have played this month it would not surprise me if Okie lost Bedlam.

So... Okie loses to Okie State and the beats Baylor. Oregon beats Utah. Minnesota beats THE. Georgia beats LSU. Chaos!

Wow that really is chaos. But you forgot Auburn beats Bama. 

And anyone from the ACC manages to beat Clemson. Well that may be taking chaos a little too far.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: November 24, 2019, 07:19:03 PM »

Oregon’s loss to Arizona State was a stunner The Sun Devils had lost consecutive games to Utah, UCLA, USC and Oregon State entering Saturday. Their last lead came in a 38-34 win against Washington State on Oct. 12. They trailed Oregon in the first quarter Saturday, tied it up a few minutes later, took a lead in the second quarter and held it the rest of the way.
It may be a reminder of just how big the gap is between Pac12 play and that of  the Big Ten and the SEC.
That said, who is the happiest at the Duck disaster?

Nick Saban? Sure. One less team for the Tide to fret about.

How about No. 9 Oklahoma escaping with a scary 28-24 win over TCU ?Can the Sooners go 12-1 with no more home games?

But.

Now Oklahoma/Baylor are almost sure to meet for the Big 12 each at 11-1 with the winner able to strut its stuff.
As for the PAC 12.
Maybe Utah is actually better than Oregon. Certainly it is with the Duck loss. Utah may emerge as the more dangerous team  having given up seven points or less in five of their last six games. And the Utes have the No. 4 ranked scoring defense is smashing foes, including the Arizona State offense (in a 21-3 win) that just lit up the Ducks. Any criticisms of their schedule are more than offset by their dominating wins.
Without chaos the resume comparisons of Utah, Oklahoma, and Alabama will dominate.
And  nothing that happened Saturday makes Alabama’s profile any stronger.

The Tide has to trounce Auburn to stay in the conversation.

There’s a big cry to elevate Ohio State Defensive End Chase Young to Heisman status. Certainly he is a great defensive player. Ask Penn State or any other Buckeye opponent.
But.
Two other Buckeyes also would be getting votes. JK Dobbins and Justin Fields. 
I don’t see how Joe Burrow can lose.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 07:21:46 PM by Espnthree »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: November 24, 2019, 08:00:10 PM »

He can't. He shouldn't. 

Young changes the game on the defensive end more than any player. But he is not winning the Heismann. He will have to content himself with the millions the NFL will pay him.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: November 24, 2019, 08:24:29 PM »

He can't. He shouldn't. 

Young changes the game on the defensive end more than any player. But he is not winning the Heismann. He will have to content himself with the millions the NFL will pay him.
I don’t think Young cares about the Heisman nor should he.
That’s left to people who don’t pay attention.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: November 24, 2019, 11:23:11 PM »

I am 13/14th of a Big Whatever fan. The THE is circumstantial - they have been the Conference's top team for a long time, and the flash point for haters and stupid, stupid men. And I do not have an encyclopedic knowledge of your personal code. Who or what is CHUD?

I used to call him Sub-Urban Meyer.

So, Cannibalistic Human Underground Dweller, movie title “C.H.U.D,” is a low budget film from like 1980.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: November 24, 2019, 11:30:45 PM »

So ‘84, when I was 15 and my brain developed solely intellectually thereafter, I am still a 15-yr. old video store wanderer, at heart.

In high school my 2-3 buddies and I would rent 2 movies, something like “Marathon Man” Or especially “Taxi Driver,” and then a trash one just to know.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: November 25, 2019, 05:49:46 AM »

I used to call him Sub-Urban Meyer.

So, Cannibalistic Human Underground Dweller, movie title “C.H.U.D,” is a low budget film from like 1980.
The movie part of the reference I got. I recall seeing an ad and my nascent interest in what appeared to be an enjoyably stupid, stupid movie being quashed by my girlfriend in favor of maybe El Norte or something.

Meyer is a great coach, but not a great Russet. He will soon be Trojan's issue.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: November 25, 2019, 06:08:22 AM »

The Spartans have made the playoffs! So great to see my alma mater in the post season!

https://athletics.case.edu/sports/fball/2019-20/releases/20191120lhmo0c

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: November 25, 2019, 10:46:37 AM »

I am a week behind. CWRU lost to Union on Saturday, 24 - 21.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: November 25, 2019, 11:12:56 AM »

I am a week behind. CWRU lost to Union on Saturday, 24 - 21.

It's probably Hardin-Baylor and Mount Union. But I have to admit I'm holding out hope for Muhlenberg.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 329