Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 258046 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3930 on: December 10, 2020, 09:03:43 AM »

Anyone who thinks any conference would not do what the Big However Many just did for the under similar circumstances - put its best and highest committee ranked team in its championship game rather than keep them out for non-competitive reasons beyond their control - is living in a pre-CFP reality.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: December 10, 2020, 09:54:09 AM »

Anyone who thinks any conference would not do what the Big However Many just did for the under similar circumstances - put its best and highest committee ranked team in its championship game rather than keep them out for non-competitive reasons beyond their control - is living in a pre-CFP reality.
Or is totally oblivious to reality.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: December 10, 2020, 10:17:39 AM »

tOSU did not meet the minimum game requirement as set by the  B1G before the season started to play in the confererence championship game, so tOSU the B1G changed the rules after competition was finished.  To many it seems unfair to all the other B1G schools who competed under the rules.

the answers of "well any other conference would have done the same thing" or "oblivious to reality" intentionally skirts the real issue, of fair competition and playing by the rules.

But they do explain the mindset of the state of the Republican party, that after losing an election, it now wants to invalidate the results, as it trashes the long-held generally accepted norms of fair competition, but at the polling place rather than on football field. 

And I really don't give a shit one way or another, its only football, but play by the fucking rules should mean something.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 11:05:03 AM by bankshot1 »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: December 10, 2020, 11:11:31 AM »

tOSU did not meet the minimum game requirement as set by the  B1G before the season started to play in the confererence championship game, so tOSU the B1G changed the rules after competition was finished.  To many it seems unfair to all the other B1G schools who competed under the rules.

the answers of "well any other conference would have done the same thing" or "oblivious to reality" intentionally skirts the real issue, of fair competition and playing by the rules.
the would have made the championship game regardless of the outcome of any sixth game. It is not like the did anything to game the system.

But they do explain the mindset of the state of the Republican party...
Fuck you. There is no reason to get personally insulting.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 11:19:19 AM by Hairy Lime »
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: December 10, 2020, 12:05:03 PM »

the would have made the championship game regardless of the outcome of any sixth game. It is not like the did anything to game the system.

I understand the logic of that argument.

And I'm not blaming tOSU, but the B!G rules stated that 6 conferences games must be played to qualify for the championship, and they didn't play 6 games.

So the B!G changed the rules after the saeason was over.

What's the crime in letting NU and IU, who both competed under the B1G rules, and who finished first under the B1G rules, compete for the B1G championship?

That ratings might be hurt?

BFD

The fix will be in when the EC Championship Bowl Committee meets to pick the top 4 teams anyway. They'll kickout out the loser of Clemson and ND to make way for tOSU the illegitimate bastard son pretender to the B1G crown.

The B1G if they had an ounce of honesty would also rule that tOSU scrape the Buckyes stickers off their helmets and replace them with, you know what's coming-----

heh

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: December 10, 2020, 06:59:38 PM »

I understand the logic of that argument.

And I'm not blaming tOSU, but the B!G rules stated that 6 conferences games must be played to qualify for the championship, and they didn't play 6 games.

So the B!G changed the rules after the saeason was over.

What's the crime in letting NU and IU, who both competed under the B1G rules, and who finished first under the B1G rules, compete for the B1G championship?

That ratings might be hurt?

BFD

The fix will be in when the EC Championship Bowl Committee meets to pick the top 4 teams anyway. They'll kickout out the loser of Clemson and ND to make way for tOSU the illegitimate bastard son pretender to the B1G crown.

The B1G if they had an ounce of honesty would also rule that tOSU scrape the Buckyes stickers off their helmets and replace them with, you know what's coming-----

heh
😁😂😁😂

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: December 11, 2020, 09:47:30 AM »

But they do explain the mindset of the state of the Republican party, that after losing an election, it now wants to invalidate the results, as it trashes the long-held generally accepted norms of fair competition, but at the polling place rather than on football field. 

And I really don't give a shit one way or another, its only football, but play by the fucking rules should mean something.

Ahhhhh. But you forget. The only rule that matters in CFB is "Give us money. Give us more money".

This is why the NCAA sidelined all of the college athletics programs that serve do many students, like wrestling, and crew, and tennis, golf, swimming(the safest sport!), sports from which about 70% of our Olympic athletes come.

CFB is a plague on college athletics. Always has been, always will be. So, there should be no surprise that tOSU was awarded something they did not earn. Especially by this proven to be corrupt conference. (See sexual abuse; Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan State).

And there should be no surprise that the CFB BIG TIME ASSHOLE FANATICS are okay with it.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 09:50:41 AM by UNO »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: December 11, 2020, 10:36:43 AM »

Hell with all that. Let's focus on what is important: Saturday's battle for the World's Ugliest Trophy! You are going down cap!

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: December 12, 2020, 09:50:46 AM »

Actually, I do think that.  In fact I know that there is a conference that would not do that.   But then Larry Scott is a complete idiot...so there's that.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: December 12, 2020, 11:24:28 AM »

Actually, I do think that.  In fact I know that there is a conference that would not do that.   But then Larry Scott is a complete idiot...so there's that.
I think the most attractive bowl game coming up is the Fiesta with Indiana and Southern Cal. Could be a showcase game for both Conferences.  The Hoosiers riding high with the media, the Trojans w-a-a-y underrated.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: December 12, 2020, 01:12:39 PM »

I think the most attractive bowl game coming up is the Fiesta with Indiana and Southern Cal. Could be a showcase game for both Conferences.  The Hoosiers riding high with the media, the Trojans w-a-a-y underrated.

We should have a traditional USC-tOSU New Years Day battle

You know a New Years day game that we had back in the 60s, 70s and 80s.

the good old days of college football

Hayes versus McKay at 4pm was  as predictable as a New Years hangover

ahh the good old days!

Today we could relive those magnificent gridiron match-ups of our youth!

a 4-0 USC v a 5-0 tOSU

we just can't call it the Rose Bowl

how about

The Relaxation Bowl.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: December 12, 2020, 02:08:08 PM »

I think the most attractive bowl game coming up is the Fiesta with Indiana and Southern Cal.

I agree that would be a good game from a pre game hype perspective and hopefully  a good match up.

I think the best case scenario for USC this year would be to win out on the Pac 12 championship game and then be at least very competitive against a team like Indiana.    That would set up nicely for a better run next year when we hopefully have more depth and experience on both lines.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: December 12, 2020, 03:37:31 PM »

On a day when the Ohio State/Michigan rivalry could not continue we can at least pause and reflect on what a rivalry is.

"So I’ll say this again. How do you respect a rivalry? You work it every day. You don’t shoot your mouth off. If I ever hear, whatever’s going on, I hear a player take a shot verbally at them - that’s a problem. How do you show respect for a rivalry? You work it every damn day. Not by tee shirts. Not by bullshit.
When I see people giggle about how we don’t wear blue in here - I don’t laugh about that. We don’t have blue pens in here. That’s not funny. This is Nike vs. Adidas, this is Coke vs. Pepsi, this is Ohio State vs the Team Up North. This is our livelihood.
So if you're new to the program - welcome to the program. Understand where you’re at. This is not a game. This is not silly. This is a way of life. There’s a bunch of former players in the back that lived it. As you move up, you live it. This is who you are.
You never lose to those pricks. Ever. Ever. And you work it every day. And I don’t give a shit if you’re from California or Texas or whatever, as soon as you say you’re a Buckeye this is part of your life for the rest of your life - and you don’t lose to those pricks. You beat them every day. Every day."

Urban Meyer. J
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 11:49:26 PM by Espnthree »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: December 12, 2020, 11:54:12 PM »

Wow!
What 2 great games to close out the regular season in an irregular year.
Congrats to USC for beating arch Rival UCLA in a game that wen to the final second.
Florida was knocked out of CFP consideration thanks to the most unpredictable unsportsmanlike mistake I have ever seen.
A true bonehead play.
OSU fans couldn’t be happier.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: December 13, 2020, 12:37:24 PM »

Congrats to USC for beating arch Rival UCLA in a game that wen to the final second.

USC is 5-0 and there are still many chanting to Fire Helton.    gotta love fans...I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 329