Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121975 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2895 on: February 27, 2023, 01:35:14 PM »

There will be a 3 day French Film Festival at the end of March at Fullerton Community College, I plan on attending.

https://humanities.fullcoll.edu/foreign-languages/french-film-festival/

Of note, we need to bring back the Anaheim Film Festival, we only had one film festival here in 2010, we need to have more.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: February 27, 2023, 02:13:12 PM »

Blizzards and snow in California
Hollywood got a mention.

Break out the buckets, and save the water for the summer.

We are so lucky, we need the water, and the Western states which depend on the Colorado River were all getting edgy, people were getting ready to fight over water. California owns the rights to the water for our farmers, and for our people, and so some of the other states were getting ready to rebel against California owning the water rights. The rain and snow came just in time to help us to keep the peace, we have plenty of water for now, so there is no need to fight over water. But, we need to plan for the future, and we need to build more dams, and lakes, and new aguaducts, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Words straight out of my no1 radio host's [now retired] "Watering Australia" manifesto.
25 years he tried to tell politicians and govts...but they didn't listen.

Sounds like he was a wise radio host, too bad that he retired.

Biden and Harris keep saying they want to work on our water system, and they say they want trains, we need to get it all going, we need to put the homeless people to work, and we can put the immigrants on our Southern Border to work, and we can build more dams, lakes, and acquaducts, etc, and we can build high speed trains, etc.

There was one project here in Los Angeles, the money was there to get the work done, but the people in office waited too long to do the work and the money was lost. If the Government gives you money to do a project then you need to hurry and hire people and get the job done, otherwise you lose the money and the money goes back to the Government.

If we allocate the money to build high speed trains, and to build more dams, lakes, and acquaducts, then we need to hurry and put people to work to get the stuff built that we need.

Salute,

Tony V.

Look up the bipartisan Infrastructure Law

It is huge, over 20,000 projects are going to happen.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/build/

A huge portion is going towards roads and bridges, and I think that we need to get away from cars and we need to move towards public transportation, and walking, and bicycles, etc, like the Europeans. For sure in our Cities we need to improve public transportation. And we need more trains, and subways, and we need a high speed train between Anaheim and Vegas, and we need the dams, lakes, and acquaducts, etc.

Biden just passed a huge Bill which is going to pump over 3 trillion dollars into our economy and help to build our infrastructure. I hope that the new dams, and lakes, and acquaducts, are in the plans, along with new high speed trains, and a high speed train between Anaheim and Vegas, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: February 27, 2023, 02:47:25 PM »

When Uta Hagen was black listed, she was not allowed to work as an actress, so instead she worked as an acting teacher, and she wrote books. "Respect For Acting" by Uta Hagen is one of the premier acting books for young acting students to study. She was black listed and she was not allowed to work at her chosen profession, so instead she became a writer and a teacher, and she turned out to be one of the best acting teachers of all time.

My favorite acting teacher, whom I am still friends with, studied with Uta Hagen in New York, along with studying with Sanford Meisner, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: February 27, 2023, 03:01:54 PM »

You lead an interesting life, Tony.

The Infrastructure Act is what can happen in this country when we do not allow republicans enough of a role in our government that they are able to fuck things up with all their grifting, sadism, and other mental illness.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: February 27, 2023, 03:17:37 PM »

A huge portion is going towards roads and bridges, and I think that we need to get away from cars and we need to move towards public transportation, and walking, and bicycles, etc, like the Europeans.

EVs need roads and bridges especially in rural areas.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: February 27, 2023, 04:30:45 PM »

We sure needed this rain and snow, it will help to keep the peace over the issue of water, and the 3 trillion dollars that the Infrastructure Act is pumping into our economy will help, along with helping to improve our Infrastructure which we need to do.

And yes, each area has specific needs. We need to make sure that each area gets what they need for their area.

We are getting what we need to keep the peace, and to help our economy, plus help to build our Infrastructure, so some good things are happening.

Of note too, the Unions can help to tell people where the jobs are, people can join the Unions and then get hired through the Unions, and they will be guaranteed fair pay and good treatment.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: February 27, 2023, 04:40:32 PM »

We sure needed this rain and snow,     

Salute,

Tony V.
Yeah, keep your greedy hands off our damn water. We got golf courses in Scottsdale to irrigate!
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: February 27, 2023, 05:43:53 PM »

We sure needed this rain and snow,     

Salute,

Tony V.
Yeah, keep your greedy hands off our damn water. We got golf courses in Scottsdale to irrigate!

Arizona has a 25 billion dollar per year Agriculture Industry, Arizona can grow food if the water is provided.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agriculture_in_Arizona

And yes, you need to have water for the golf courses. And for swimming pools, and lawns, etc.

I hope some money from the Infrastructure Act is going to build dams, and lakes, and acquaducts, etc, to help to make sure that Arizona has a plentiful water supply well into the future as the farmers grow more food, and as more people move to the desert climate.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: February 27, 2023, 07:08:17 PM »

At the local Von's market it costs one dollar for one onion, the farmers are making good money.

In my hometown the farmers grow onions, and they grow watermelons, and they grow alfalfa for the dairies where the cheese is made, etc. And there is a winery in my hometown where they grow grapes and make wine, the Antelope Valley Winery.

The desert will grow food, all that you need is water, the soil is good, rich soil.

And I want to see the money from the groceries go to support local farmers. Plus, the freshness is there if the food is locally produced.

So, we need to build the dams, and make the lakes, and build the acquaducts, etc, to make sure that our farmers have plenty of water to grow food.

Of note, in Italy they used to just eat Spaghetti, without Meatballs, but then when the Italians came to America there was such a huge supply of beef that everyone in New York was having Meatballs with their Spaghetti. The Meatballs with your Spaghetti are a result of the abundance of America and the Cowboys in the West were all selling Beef to the people in New York.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: February 27, 2023, 07:26:09 PM »

My hometown used to be the Almond Capital of the World, but the Almond Industry is gone now.

There is still Rancho Raviri which grows and makes and sells Almond Candy, but they are the last of the companies to sell local almonds.

https://www.ranchoraviri.com/

I have known a lot of people over the years who have worked at Rancho Raviri.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: February 27, 2023, 09:03:55 PM »

I like reading the things Tony posts here in this "News In General" thread...about CA, America, and his personal life.

It's not like the forum resembles New York City at rush hour.
I can't see how a forum member's posting what they're eating to keep warm in the freezing cold in America today hurts anything...'caring and sharing'.

I'd be interested to know how all forum members are keeping warm...how they're heating their homes....how they're moving around/commuting on the icy/snow laden roads.

When someone posts 10-20 times a day in one forum, on off topic material, most websites define this as "using the forum for your own personal blog," and invite you to go start a blog somewhere.  It's not that blogs can't be interesting, it's that this forum is a DISCUSSION FORUM, rather than Tony's Lifestyle and Hot Takes Magazine.  I know at least three former members who participated in this politics thread who left (and who contributed to a real discourse on issues of the day) due to this personal blog problem.  They had no interest in a thread dominated by stoner postings that endlessly repeat the same half dozen fact-impaired rants and vineyard pipe dreams and drown out a real conversation.  How long do you think political chat would last if everyone here started matching Tony's verbal output with which models they find hot, their favorite canned food, their favorite ethnic stereotype,  how their religious beliefs will save the world, five hundred word essays on every celebrity actor who farted within their earshot, and inane Chauncey Gardner truisms on how you need water to grow crops and good soil.  FUCKING REALLY??  Water, good soil?  Who knew?  Fucking genius!!  Catch rain IN RESERVOIRS?? Holy fucking shit, call the Nobel committee in Stockholm!!

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: February 27, 2023, 09:45:40 PM »

No one is stopping forum members from posting about politics, the very latest political news, here.
This thread is "News In General"...there is also a Biden Administration thread for serious political fights and discussions.

Don't like Tony's posts?
Solution...just scroll past them.

Maybe Tony believes this forum gives him a political voice...a voice for change.
CA could certainly do with more water storage...drought, fires etc.

Homelessness in CA etc is out of control.
Politicians and officials and not solving the problem.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: February 27, 2023, 10:17:15 PM »

Don Lemon, black man...giving advice to black people:

"Black people, if you really want to fix the problem...
Here are just 5 things you should think about doing:

No 5: Pull up your pants.
No 4: Stop using the N word.
No 3: Respect where you live. Start small by not dropping trash/littering in your own community.
No 2: Finish school. Stop telling kids they're 'acting white' because they go to school or speak proper english.
No 1: Just because you can have a baby, it doesn't mean you should.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 01:07:38 AM by bambu. »
Comparison is the thief of joy.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: February 27, 2023, 10:57:33 PM »

I like reading the things Tony posts here in this "News In General" thread...about CA, America, and his personal life.

It's not like the forum resembles New York City at rush hour.
I can't see how a forum member's posting what they're eating to keep warm in the freezing cold in America today hurts anything...'caring and sharing'.

I'd be interested to know how all forum members are keeping warm...how they're heating their homes....how they're moving around/commuting on the icy/snow laden roads.

When someone posts 10-20 times a day in one forum, on off topic material, most websites define this as "using the forum for your own personal blog," and invite you to go start a blog somewhere.  It's not that blogs can't be interesting, it's that this forum is a DISCUSSION FORUM, rather than Tony's Lifestyle and Hot Takes Magazine.  I know at least three former members who participated in this politics thread who left (and who contributed to a real discourse on issues of the day) due to this personal blog problem.  They had no interest in a thread dominated by stoner postings that endlessly repeat the same half dozen fact-impaired rants and vineyard pipe dreams and drown out a real conversation.  How long do you think political chat would last if everyone here started matching Tony's verbal output with which models they find hot, their favorite canned food, their favorite ethnic stereotype,  how their religious beliefs will save the world, five hundred word essays on every celebrity actor who farted within their earshot, and inane Chauncey Gardner truisms on how you need water to grow crops and good soil.  FUCKING REALLY??  Water, good soil?  Who knew?  Fucking genius!!  Catch rain IN RESERVOIRS?? Holy fucking shit, call the Nobel committee in Stockholm!!
I think Oilcan has hit the wall of Biden fatigue.
There is no one left in here to defend his  incompetence.
Worse, the left cannot find anyone to replace him.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: February 27, 2023, 11:01:23 PM »

No 3: Respect where you live. Start small by not dropping trash/littering in your own community.
No 2: Finish school. Stop telling kids they're 'acting white' because they go to school or speak proper english.
N

N

Wow! That is a sentiment NO ONE HAS EVER THOUGHT BEFORE!

Groundbreaking.
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 577