Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 1849

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 931607 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Chico is a heh happy camper
« Reply #5115 on: April 03, 2019, 01:35:17 AM »

Emmanuel Mudiay has now reached starter criteria and is eligible for a $5.75M Qualifying Offer. The New York Knicks point guard met the criteria by starting 41 games during the 2018-19 season. The cap hold of $12.88M in the off-season remains the same. New York will have until June 29 to extend the one-year guaranteed contract

So we either sign him right before the cap hold goes in effect to a lesser figure.... or  we set him free.

Why wouldn't you give Mudiay 5.75 for 1?

Because we might need that 5.75 for better players starting July 1.   

So we have to decide by Jun 29 to give him that 5.75

I would re-sign Mud after we know we aint getting anyone and he is what we have left over.

Kadeem Allen would take less and is better at basketball in every phase of the game.

heh

What’s so funny?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
Re: Emmanuel Mudiay
« Reply #5116 on: April 03, 2019, 01:35:53 AM »

Emmanuel Mudiay has now reached starter criteria and is eligible for a $5.75M Qualifying Offer. The New York Knicks point guard met the criteria by starting 41 games during the 2018-19 season. The cap hold of $12.88M in the off-season remains the same. New York will have until June 29 to extend the one-year guaranteed contract

So we either sign him right before the cap hold goes in effect to a lesser figure.... or  we set him free.

Why wouldn't you give Mudiay 5.75 for 1?

Because we might need that 5.75 for better players starting July 1.   

So we have to decide by Jun 29 to give him that 5.75

I would re-sign Mud after we know we aint getting anyone and he is what we have left over.

Exactly

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #5117 on: April 03, 2019, 02:16:15 AM »

Mud is erratic.  Mud is sloppy.  Mud is inattentive on D.  But Mud also has improved a lot.  Can be useful.  Certainly not essential.

What's the feeling here about Jr. Smith?
I haven't seen enough to judge or project his future.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: April 03, 2019, 02:21:46 AM »

Smith is on the Mudiay train two years behind.  Already traded once his value isn't too high.  His year 2 stats aren't an improvement on Mudiy's year 2.  The hope is DSJ matures quicker than EM.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
20-20-21
« Reply #5119 on: April 03, 2019, 02:22:36 AM »

Russell Westbrook making his case for MVP of April.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: April 03, 2019, 08:15:22 AM »

Smith is on the Mudiay train two years behind.  Already traded once his value isn't too high.  His year 2 stats aren't an improvement on Mudiy's year 2.  The hope is DSJ matures quicker than EM.

Commit to EM (4-40).  He has done what has been asked and there is more room for growth.

Deal Smith for a pick if you want to even out the money some.

But they won't.  The CAP HOLD will lead us to keeping the lesser player.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5121 on: April 03, 2019, 11:37:32 AM »

Kid, 4-40 is both a great plan to turn Mudiay into an albatross and a perfect example of the kind of move that got Phil Jackson fired. 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: April 03, 2019, 11:49:13 AM »

http://theknickswall.com/free-agent-knicks-reclamation-projects-emmanuel-mudiay-noah-vonleh-mario-hezonja/

Numbers match the eye test on all three guys.

Mario back for the minimum wouldn’t be the end of the world.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: April 03, 2019, 11:55:31 AM »

Kid, 4-40 is both a great plan to turn Mudiay into an albatross and a perfect example of the kind of move that got Phil Jackson fired.

Heh

19.8 points per 36 minutes = $$$$$$

Only 10 other PG do this - 11 if you include Harden
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 11:58:34 AM by kiidcarter8 »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: April 03, 2019, 12:31:22 PM »

That'd be an awful deal.
If you think Mud is worth $10M, at most you sign him to a 3/$30M deal with a team option on the Y3.  So if you're going to overpay him, only guarantee 2 years.  Problem is, Mud still ain't really a good player, nor worth $10M each of the next two years, so you'd be overpaying.

I don't think they'll be much of a market for Mud.
He's sloppy at lead guard.  Which maybe 5 teams need, but likely won't want him.  He's sort of the inverse of a 3&D player -- a midrange shooter with weak D,.  That's not where the game is going and what's valued these days.  And if he can't keep up his midrange FG%, achieved in a  contract year on a weak team, he could be pretty useless unless he can gets his 3 into shape.

As of now, Mud is really a 2nd unit combo guard, who is inconsistent and mistake prone, but can score.  Which is okayish.  But not worth near $10M.  4/$22M would be reasonable.  Because he'd likely retain trade value at that level.  And he could develop/improve.  If Mud falls into the $7M-$8M range, which is possible, I'd want to know how else that money could be spent and again be wary of any long term commitment.  Over $6M, I'd wash my hands of Mud, anoint Jr. Smith starting PG and begin the rehab of Frankina. 

That might be the best move for clarity anyway. 
Who you prefer?  Smith & Mud?  or Smith and Franc?  The latter tandem is cheaper and gives you one PG who plays D, so I'd opt for Franc over Mud.  [I guess the 3rd option is Mud & Franc, but it's be Sell Low on Jr. Smith with him being shifted again so soon, and he deserves time to show what he can do.

Maybe that can be a new poll:
Who do you prefer at PG:
* Smith & Mud
* Smith & Franc
* Mud & Franc
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: April 03, 2019, 01:12:24 PM »

Smith Frank and Trier with the long bets on Frank and Trier.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: April 03, 2019, 03:23:57 PM »

"....you sign himfor 3-30 with year 3 an option..."

Bo seems to miss the part where EM becomes a free agent - off his strongest season and at age 23.

15 mil a year is OK for Oubre though.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 07:43:31 PM by kiidcarter8 »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: April 03, 2019, 03:30:48 PM »

Oubre is a wing getting you 16 pts, 5 rebs, and plays D. That’s at least twice as valuable as a pg who doesn’t pass or defend much, which is what we see from Mudiay.

Richard P. Feynman

Urethra_Franklin

• View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: April 03, 2019, 08:19:43 PM »

This is the first time I've really wanted the Knicks to win since early December as I want to see D-Wade in the playoffs.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: April 03, 2019, 09:22:33 PM »

Knicks were not able to accommodate you.

Mudiay and Mario with prototypical swan song games. Might be too little too late to help their values this offseason.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 1849