Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1574 1575 [1576] 1577 1578 ... 2742

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 506391 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #23625 on: January 31, 2022, 04:19:09 PM »

Is it just me or was there a major disconnect between what RED appears to have written himself and the quote? Prof Barton has nothing to say about the black female thing, just thinks Biden should consider other demographic and political issues as well.

Yep, Prof seemed more advocating the fine idea that SCOTUS need not be so much a Yale/Harvard club.
Well yes he did. Glad you understood it.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23626 on: January 31, 2022, 04:49:53 PM »

Rep. Lou Correa

1 hour

Today is about Hope! I had the privilege of joining The Salvation Army of Orange Countys ground breaking for The Center of Hope. The Center of Hope will be built on 6.9 acres in Anaheim, offering a comprehensive homeless care solution that combines a 325-bed low-barrier emergency shelter with 72 permanent supportive housing apartments, onsite medical, dental, and pet care, along with an award-wining 175-bed drug and alcohol rehabilitation center.

Thank you to all the public and private partners efforts on this project that aims to end chronic homelessness in Orange County.

------------------------

The money is there, people want to help the homeless, and people need to turn the money into housing where people can live.

We need to get serious about helping the homeless people, and we need to build exciting new housing for people, and Nevada has plenty of good cheap land where we can build housing for people.

We have 60,000 homeless people in Los Angeles alone, and meanwhile we have hundreds of thousands of refugees seeking homes in the USA, etc, and we have people crowded at our southern border seeking homes in the USA, we need to get serious about building housing.

And we can employ the homeless people and the refugees and the new immigrants as construction workers as they help us to build housing. And we also have Homeboy Industries, and Habitat for Humanity, to help us to build housing. We can bring in architects from Greece, and from Rome, and from Spain, etc, and we can build fun, exciting housing for our homeless people.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 04:54:21 PM by FlyingVProd »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23627 on: January 31, 2022, 04:57:02 PM »

Regardless the qualifications the GOP will label any selection an Affirmative action appointment.

It is what they do. Ted Cruz says Black women make up 6% of the population so Biden is discriminating against the other 94%.

I hope they go at whoever it hammer and tongs.

In spite of all the bullshit, suppression and nullification tactics the Republicans are gonna get rolled in the midterms.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23628 on: January 31, 2022, 05:37:59 PM »

GOP Electoral motto

If you cannot win you must cheat and since you are going to cheat you must first accuse the opposition of cheating.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2022/01/gop-voting-law-disenfranshised-georgia-voters/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23629 on: January 31, 2022, 05:58:40 PM »

NYT bought Wordle. I wonder how many conservatives will stop playing it now.

Also, will the NYT try to block Byrdle?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23630 on: January 31, 2022, 06:11:19 PM »

NYT bought Wordle. I wonder how many conservatives will stop playing it now.

The Times includes a separate puzzle subscription.
Over a half million customers.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23632 on: January 31, 2022, 06:55:30 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23633 on: January 31, 2022, 06:56:20 PM »

Rep. Lou Correa

1 hour

Today is about Hope! I had the privilege of joining The Salvation Army of Orange Countys ground breaking for The Center of Hope. The Center of Hope will be built on 6.9 acres in Anaheim, offering a comprehensive homeless care solution that combines a 325-bed low-barrier emergency shelter with 72 permanent supportive housing apartments, onsite medical, dental, and pet care, along with an award-wining 175-bed drug and alcohol rehabilitation center.

Thank you to all the public and private partners efforts on this project that aims to end chronic homelessness in Orange County.

------------------------

The money is there, people want to help the homeless, and people need to turn the money into housing where people can live.

We need to get serious about helping the homeless people, and we need to build exciting new housing for people, and Nevada has plenty of good cheap land where we can build housing for people.

We have 60,000 homeless people in Los Angeles alone, and meanwhile we have hundreds of thousands of refugees seeking homes in the USA, etc, and we have people crowded at our southern border seeking homes in the USA, we need to get serious about building housing.

And we can employ the homeless people and the refugees and the new immigrants as construction workers as they help us to build housing. And we also have Homeboy Industries, and Habitat for Humanity, to help us to build housing. We can bring in architects from Greece, and from Rome, and from Spain, etc, and we can build fun, exciting housing for our homeless people.

Salute,

Tony V.

Good shit.

Keep marching, Tony
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

Holly Martins

« Reply #23635 on: January 31, 2022, 08:21:00 PM »

Is it just me or was there a major disconnect between what RED appears to have written himself and the quote? Prof Barton has nothing to say about the black female thing, just thinks Biden should consider other demographic and political issues as well.
And so do most Americans.
Especially after a year of his administration that was marked by his insistence that only a black woman would be considered for Vice President.
My post was an answer to Barton claiming SCOTUS needs to reflect diversity.
But his definition of diversity is based solely on sex and skin color.

Oddly, when I looked at my post, that was not the definition I gave.
It was exactly. But why apologize for it? 
It was not.  It is you who added the word "solely," which I neither meant nor said.  I assume that if diverse ethnic and gender experience are useful search criteria now, they are not the ONLY criteria.  Indeed, that's why team Biden is searching for outstanding jurists with bench experience that is significant. 
Of course a Black woman would have different experiences and perspectives that, say, Neil Gorsuch does not have. But that would be true of ANY candidate.
Clearly not.  Many candidates would an upbringing and formative experiences quite similar to him, being white men from affluent families with similar cultural ambience.
The question that troubles most voters is why substitute exclusion for diversity? A SCOTUS appointment is a big deal for a Presidents so why narrowly define the qualifications?   Under the restraint imposed by Biden a modern version of Thurgood Marshall would never be found.

Strawman argument.  Appointments like Sotomayor or a future black woman are about inclusion of a group that was long excluded from any consideration for the highest court.  Being selective in your candidate search in order to include their perspectives in no way excludes white people who are (QED) quite abundant on SCOTUS.  Calling this "exclusion" is the sort of Orwellian newspeak that would suggest a country club admitting its first Jew had just excluded Christians.  Or that appointing Thurgood Marshall was an act of excluding a white man!  LoL.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 08:25:39 PM by Barton3.0 »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23636 on: January 31, 2022, 09:18:09 PM »

And so do most Americans.
Especially after a year of his administration that was marked by his insistence that only a black woman would be considered for Vice President.
My post was an answer to Barton claiming SCOTUS needs to reflect diversity.
But his definition of diversity is based solely on sex and skin color.

Oddly, when I looked at my post, that was not the definition I gave.
It was exactly. But why apologize for it? 
It was not.  It is you who added the word "solely," which I neither meant nor said.  I assume that if diverse ethnic and gender experience are useful search criteria now, they are not the ONLY criteria.  Indeed, that's why team Biden is searching for outstanding jurists with bench experience that is significant. 
Only if they are female and black.
Of course a Black woman would have different experiences and perspectives that, say, Neil Gorsuch does not have. But that would be true of ANY candidate.
Clearly not.  Many candidates would an upbringing and formative experiences quite similar to him, being white men from affluent families with similar cultural ambience.
Clarence Thomas hardly came from a rich upbringing. And he is Black, just the wrong kind of Black to you. Further, diversity comes in many forms not represented on the current Court, but they cannot be quantified into voting blocs.
The question that troubles most voters is why substitute exclusion for diversity? A SCOTUS appointment is a big deal for a Presidents so why narrowly define the qualifications?   Under the restraint imposed by Biden a modern version of Thurgood Marshall would never be found.

Strawman argument.  Appointments like Sotomayor or a future black woman are about inclusion of a group that was long excluded from any consideration for the highest court.  Being selective in your candidate search in order to include their perspectives in no way excludes white people who are (QED) quite abundant on SCOTUS.  Calling this "exclusion" is the sort of Orwellian newspeak that would suggest a country club admitting its first Jew had just excluded Christians.  Or that appointing Thurgood Marshall was an act of excluding a white man!  LoL.
Of course it reflects raw exclusion. No need to look for any minority candidates among Hispanics, Asians, Italians, Jews, etc., or Black men.
It is a tactic that 76 per cent of voters (including 54% of DEMOCRATS)already disagree with.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 09:35:33 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23637 on: January 31, 2022, 10:33:47 PM »

All Americans need to have basic housing, food, and healthcare.

And times have changed, the jobs left our nation, and we have 60,000 homeless people in Los Angeles alone. And you cannot pull yourself up by the bootstraps when you do not have boots. I was homeless, and I know what it is like out there on the streets, and I am a smart guy, and I was clean and sober, but it was still hell out there. And where I was homeless it was against the law to feed the homeless, so people would not even feed me. They figured that if they did not feed me that I would just go away. But, I am a Californian and I was born here, this is my home state. My Mother was born in California too, she was born in San Bernardino. So I was homeless in my own damn home state.

Anyhow, I am passionate about helping the homeless people because I was out there homeless too. I know what it is like, and being homeless could happen to anyone. To think that the homeless people are all drug addicts is bullshit. We have college graduates living in their cars here. And some of the people out there on the streets are absued women. And foster children. And a lot of people who just broke down from exhaustion. And mentally ill veterans. And they need help.

A wealthy woman from the Philippines helped me, and she had ten mansions full of homeless people. And she cooked for all of the homeless people, and it was the best food ever. She helped people more than their own families did. She put homeless people in expensive houses in nice neighborhoods and then she cooked for them. She was my hero.

So, I am an advocate for aid for the homeless. I know what it like out there on the streets, and we need to help the people who cannot help themselves.

I get real depressed, and I feel like a bum, but 60,000 people are out there on the streets right now homeless on the streets of Los Angeles alone, and I know exactly how they feel out there. They feel alone, and they feel like no one cares. But, then there are wonderful people who shine a light and help the homeless and give love to the homeless. Those people out there are us, and we need to help them.

My faith in God, and the love on my Mother, sustains me, I keep going, but I get pretty depressed. But, I can use the experience to help other people. I know what it is like out there on the street, and it could happen to anyone. And we need to strive to be like the wonderful woman who helped me.

And I suggest Santorini, Greece, style apartment complexes in Battle Mountain, Nevada where you can buy land for one thousand dollars per acre. They can do trade with San Francisco, and they can help to feed San Francisco, etc.

Meanwhile I try to be gratetul to have food and housing, but I feed sad for the many people who are homeless. I think as a nation we need to help our people. Just basic food and shelter and healthcare. Nothing big, just enough to sustain life while we look for ways to make money and while we work on our pursuit of happiness. And we can add in swimming pools and tennis courts.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 10:37:28 PM by FlyingVProd »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23638 on: January 31, 2022, 10:56:17 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23639 on: January 31, 2022, 11:30:36 PM »

Regardless the qualifications the GOP will label any selection an Affirmative action appointment.

You and yours are actually who are labelling it such by mentioning it in such a way.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 1574 1575 [1576] 1577 1578 ... 2742