Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1577 1578 [1579] 1580 1581 ... 2742

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 506322 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #23670 on: February 01, 2022, 01:47:30 PM »

I keep looking at Supreme Courts and I am having trouble seeing the excluded men and the excluded white people. 

Whilst true that these categories can be shallow ones, it's the deeper differences of experience that correlate with those outward appearances that are essential to having a broadly representative court.  And don't forget that part of the experience of being, say, black is in HOW THE LEGAL SYSTEM TREATS YOU and what biases lie therein.  Which, by gosh, might have some bearing on matters of jurisprudence.
It is just a tempest in a right wing teapot. The right has decided there is no political harm in arguing African American women should just know their place and are running with it.
LOL!
The Biden track  record on SCOTUS nominations is known for his blatant  hypocrisy.
To wit: Janet Rogers Brown.
She was nominated to the DC Court of Appeals ( a frequent stepping stone to SCOTUS) by George W. Bush in 2003.
She was filibusterd by Biden, Byrd,and Obama , among  others, whose sole purpose was to keep the GOP from having a chance to eventually put her on the Supreme Court.  Brown won confirmation eventually  but only after a two year confirmation process.
And? Because Biden participated in a filibuster he is a hypocritr because... reasons? The right wing rage machine spins on.
You seem to be spinning your wheels.
Biden only had one reason to filibuster.  To keep the GOP of being in  position to appoint at black woman to SCOTUS.
No, to prevent BROWN from getting on the DC Court. The rest is just your outrage machine.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #23671 on: February 01, 2022, 01:49:04 PM »

I keep looking at Supreme Courts and I am having trouble seeing the excluded men and the excluded white people. 

Whilst true that these categories can be shallow ones, it's the deeper differences of experience that correlate with those outward appearances that are essential to having a broadly representative court.  And don't forget that part of the experience of being, say, black is in HOW THE LEGAL SYSTEM TREATS YOU and what biases lie therein.  Which, by gosh, might have some bearing on matters of jurisprudence.
If that is the case then limiting the search to campaign pledges results in voters rejecting that approach.
Ask Kamala Harris how that has worked out for her.
Just fine. She got elected, so it does not appear, outside of your right wing rage machine, anyone gave a.fuck about Bidens selection criteria.
Well No voter had a choice. Harris came in a package. You want to review her poll numbers today?
0.00% of her polling numbers are based on Bidens selection process. No one gave a fuck last year or now,.outside of the rage machine.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23672 on: February 01, 2022, 01:51:28 PM »

It is just a tempest in a right wing teapot. The right has decided there is no political harm in arguing African American women should just know their place and are running with it.
LOL!
The Biden track  record on SCOTUS nominations is known for his blatant  hypocrisy.
She was nominated to the DC Court of Appeals ( a frequent stepping stone to SCOTUS) by George W. Bush in 2003.
She was filibusterd by Biden, Byrd,and Obama , among  others, whose sole purpose was to keep the GOP from having a chance to eventually put her on the Supreme Court.  Brown won confirmation eventually  but only after a two year confirmation process.
And? Because Biden participated in a filibuster he is a hypocritr because... reasons? The right wing rage machine spins on.
Biden only had one reason to filibuster.  To keep the GOP of being in  position to appoint at black woman to SCOTUS.
No, to prevent BROWN from getting on the DC Court. The rest is just your outrage machine.
LOL
The whole filibuster had one objective. To keep Brown off SCOTUS.
Maybe you were out of the country then.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #23674 on: February 01, 2022, 02:05:31 PM »

LOL!
LOL
The filibuster began well before there was a Court vacancy, was one of several Bush appointments being held up, and was based on her extreme libertarian legal views. Perhaps you were out of the country then.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23675 on: February 01, 2022, 02:08:51 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23676 on: February 01, 2022, 02:20:15 PM »

LOL!
LOL
The filibuster began well before there was a Court vacancy, was one of several Bush appointments being held up, and was based on her extreme libertarian legal views. Perhaps you were out of the country then.
No. I was here and paying attention.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23677 on: February 01, 2022, 02:39:45 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2022/02/01/ron-desantis-accuses-democrats-of-trying-to-smear-neo-nazi-rallies-on-him/

And more bomb threats once again closed HSBCUs. It is easy to see why Red wants to change the subject.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23678 on: February 01, 2022, 02:53:31 PM »

If that is the case then limiting the search to campaign pledges results in voters rejecting that approach.
Ask Kamala Harris how that has worked out for her.
Just fine. She got elected, so it does not appear, outside of your right wing rage machine, anyone gave a.fuck about Bidens selection criteria.
Well No voter had a choice. Harris came in a package. You want to review her poll numbers today?

She WAS the package.  I think they lose if they have a Tim Kaine like VP.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23679 on: February 01, 2022, 03:12:32 PM »

We have 60,000 homeless people in Los Angeles alone, the band Rage Against the Machine said that we should give guns to the homeless people, the homeless community could have a big army.

We do not need a war, but we do need to help the homeless people. And we can organize and empower the homeless people so that they can help themselves and each other.

The homeless community needs to work together as a team just like any other community, the homeless people need to get organized, and the homeless people can help themselves and they can help each other.

And groups such as Habitat for Humanity and Homeboy Industries are paramount. And places such as the Weingart Center can help the homeless and they can help to organize the homeless, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Holly Martins

« Reply #23680 on: February 01, 2022, 03:55:00 PM »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #23681 on: February 01, 2022, 04:24:29 PM »

LOL!
LOL
My bad. I forgot that in addition to being a right wing shill who never questions or.checks his sources you are also a cowardly fool who refuses to admit error. And will stubbornly cling to the notion that a failed cloture vote in October of 2003 was about speculation over her candidacy for a SCOTUS seat that only began when O'Connor seat opened up in July of 2005. In fact, the agreement to end the filibuster and proceed with an up and down vote 9n her nomination occurred in May of 2005, over a month before O'Connor retired.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 04:29:54 PM by Hairy Lime »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23682 on: February 01, 2022, 04:44:39 PM »

LOL!
LOL
My bad. I forgot that in addition to being a right wing shill who never questions or.checks his sources you are also a cowardly fool who refuses to admit error. And will stubbornly cling to the notion that a failed cloture vote in October of 2003 was about speculation over her candidacy for a SCOTUS seat that only began when O'Connor seat opened up in July of 2005. In fact, the agreement to end the filibuster and proceed with an up and down vote 9n her nomination occurred in May of 2005, over a month before O'Connor retired.
Exactly what it was.
Rogers Brown was filibustered for the DC Court because the dems knew she was being groomed for the next SCOTUS seat by the GOP. Her nomination was stalled even though she had support of a dem controlled Senate.
When Bush was  reelected and the GOP took over the Senate she was renominated and won confirmation via a deal that the GOP would not blow up the filibuster. When O Connor  retired Bush considered Rogers Brown butBiden threatened  a filibuster. Alito was the eventual choice.  Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 04:48:30 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #23683 on: February 01, 2022, 04:53:24 PM »

LOL!
LOL
Exactly what it was.
Rogers Brown was filibustered for the DC Court because the dems knew she was being groomed for the next SCOTUS seat by the GOP. Her nomination was stalled even though she had support of a dem controlled Senate.
When Bush was  reelected and the GOP took over the Senate she was renominated and won confirmation via a deal that the GOP would not blow up the filibuster. When O Connor  retired Bush considered Rogers Brown butBiden threatened  a filibuster. Alito was the eventual choice.  Hope this helps.
"forgot that in addition to being a right wing shill who never questions or.checks his sources you are also a cowardly fool who refuses to admit error." Hope this helps.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23684 on: February 01, 2022, 04:54:15 PM »

LOL!
LOL
Exactly what it was.
"forgot that in addition to being a right wing shill who never questions or.checks his sources you are also a cowardly fool who refuses to admit error." Hope this helps.
I did not make any errors.
Pages: 1 ... 1577 1578 [1579] 1580 1581 ... 2742