Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1134 1135 [1136] 1137 1138 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 936738 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #17025 on: February 10, 2021, 07:39:49 PM »

ObiT for Cam Johnson (just 2 years older)
Pretty sure PHX says NO.

Of course

But maybe not in the summer if we sweeten it a bit
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Dilemma
« Reply #17026 on: February 10, 2021, 07:50:34 PM »

- Everything they are saying today is easily rebutted -
Chamaco Cartero

UPDATE
- Everything Chamaco is saying today is a laughable lie -

BUT
I love the one he made before

DILEMMA
What to do, oh what to do?

SOLUTION
Easy, I keep'em both!!! 😁

Just thought I should put this below Chamaco's post in a new page...
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Your Dallas Knicks
« Reply #17027 on: February 10, 2021, 10:29:48 PM »

Hey Kamster, sorry to report they won again, beat Atlanta by 1, mostly thanks to Luka.

Timmy's +10 cancelled out KP's -10, and Trey played only 5 minutes.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17028 on: February 10, 2021, 10:43:09 PM »

The addition of DRose puts Knix in a position to trade Rivers or Elf.

Would not be prudent if trying to max out wins.

Couldn't disagree more strongly, my forum (co-) leading 33 W prediction goes +5 more if Elf is traded or becomes physically disabled at any point in the season...

***even if there are only 4 games left!
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Payton
« Reply #17029 on: February 10, 2021, 11:36:43 PM »

But, my doggie 🐶, Elfrid is playing pretty good lately.
I believe it was last game that he scored more points than Julius.
And he’s been practicing threes privately.
True, he does it privately, but it’s only because when he did it in public people were laughing 😁

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Next 10 Games - Record Prediction
« Reply #17030 on: February 11, 2021, 01:10:59 AM »

@ WAS
HOU
ATL
@ ORL
SAS
MIN
GSW
SAC
IND
DET

I rosily predict 7-3 over the next ten "easy" stretch of games.   

I'll take 6-4.  Any less and it's a bad sign for playoff hopes.

Anyone else got any predictions?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
Patience Butterflies
« Reply #17031 on: February 11, 2021, 09:33:21 AM »

The addition of DRose puts Knix in a position to trade Rivers or Elf.

Would not be prudent if trying to max out wins.

Couldn't disagree more strongly, my forum (co-) leading 33 W prediction goes +5 more if Elf is traded or becomes physically disabled at any point in the season...

***even if there are only 4 games left!

Sigh.  Very Trump of you. 

Derrick Rose is a dawg, but he is no longer a 35 minute a night dog. 

Elfrid has been just as motivated by the sound of IQ lapping at his loins as Derrick. 

Thibs will figure out how to balance his rotations, so as to get DR and IQ in for the final 5-8 minutes of the fourth quarter. 

But Rose will not have a running buddy, nor will he have gas left in the tank for the final 5-8, in the unlikely event that the Knicks concur with the spiteful groundlings, and assclowns [my bad, homie, MISTER ASSCLOWN] such as yourself who would sunder the team and the rotations to indulge your savage [okay, moronic] blood lust, denmanding a human sacrifice. 

Thibs is NOT going to toss Elfrid to the mob.  Hey, if EP wants, WANTS TO MOVE ON, he can speak to Perry, sunder his no trade clause, and green light a move to a team such as the Celtics or Clippers. 

But he strikes me as a prideful fellow, and while there is a ceiling on his game, and manifest limitations, a solid defender, who has benefitted from the Quickley competition, and will likley respond well to Rose's as well.  BY THE WAY, ASSHAT, er, MISTER ASSHAT, did it elude you that EP drained a three on Tuesday night?  Or that he led the Knicks in scoring, with 18-5-4.

Did we lose because of him? 

We lost [by one lousy basket] because the Heat's D was suffocating, they took Julius out of his game in the blocks, and forced him to shoot threes [1-7], and because of some truly bizarre refing [Knicks 12-16 from the line, the Heat, 32-39....HELLO].

You are revelling like Donald Trump in your fantasy of some plague of Egypt befalling Elfrid. 

There is a dynamic afoot in which the second unit challenges the first unit. AND THAT IS GOOD.

Noels-Toppin-Burks-Quickley-Rose

Robinson-Randle-Bullock-Barrett-Payton

Moving forward, in terms of chemistry and matchups, we have two viable units, and the possibility for mixing and matching come the fourth quarter. 

Am I opposed to trading Rivers, Payton, Ntilikina, Knox? 

Not if it makes us better.  Not if it gets us viable draft assets. 

Am I a proponent of Dawg spite trades?

No. 

Do I co-sign some of BoD's concoctions where we exchange our scrubs for Portland's scrubs?  Or we give up on Obi as if he were Jordan Hill? 

No. 

Despite all of the media and fan handwringing, the Rose trade immensely improved our second unit, showed dividends with Quickley and Toppin, and added a sonrous note of competition to our practices.  Likewise, all of the paranoia about IQ's development being stifled.  It would appear just the opposite is in play.  He has a new big brother and running buddy.  His minutes should increase, not decrease.  Likewise Toppin's by degrees, because we can't just keep rolling out Julius for 37 minutes a night--that WILL catch up with him.   

Let Thibs play with his Crayolas, and see if we can't march inexorably towards 33 wins and beyond, and knock on the playoff doors.  Elfrid is a part of that.  Derrick is a part of that.  WE ARE A PART OF THAT, and soon there will be 2000 live bodies screaming in the Garden. 

Patience Butterflies. 

PS: Speaking of Fantasy Island Scenarios, somehow I suspect that Frank and Kevin [and just for the sake of argument, Bullock, to clear space for RJ and Burks at SF] and Dallas' #1 does not get a Zach Levine deal done.  Not to mention, why the fuck would Chicago trade ZL.  He is their best player. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 09:34:57 AM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Next 10 Games - Record Prediction
« Reply #17032 on: February 11, 2021, 11:35:19 AM »

@ WAS
HOU
ATL
@ ORL
SAS
MIN
GSW
SAC
IND
DET

I rosily predict 7-3 over the next ten "easy" stretch of games.   

I'll take 6-4.  Any less and it's a bad sign for playoff hopes.

Anyone else got any predictions?

That would put us at .500.

For what its worth, I see SIX not easy games in there

chipstern

• View Profile
Jared Harper 31 Points, 4-5 From Trey, 13 Assists, 7 Turnovers
« Reply #17033 on: February 11, 2021, 01:00:13 PM »

"Give up your strange obsession, Chip, it's only G League."

FUCK YOU. 

A roll of the dice? 

A developmental project.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  And assuming that Dennis, Frank, Austin and Elfrid may [MAY?] be in the process of being shopped around? 

Jared Harper was Leon Rose's very first roster move as Knick PooBah, having jettisoned Kadeem Allen and Alonzo Trier to open up 2-Way Deals for Jared Harper & Theo Pinson. 

Whatever did Leon and World Wide Wes see in this pit bull scaled jet ski? 

Ty Lawson? Isaiah Thomas?  Spud Webb?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUhbSbQ0Xek

Check out this video of Auburn taking it to Kentucky in the NCAA Tournament, as Jared bumps up against the likes of Tyler Herro and Immanuel Quickley. 

Proving? 

Not a damn thing. 

Save that Rose & WWW saw something they liked well enought to snatch up Jared off of waivers from the Suns, passing on the opportunity to sign Jared From Subway. 

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Payton
« Reply #17034 on: February 11, 2021, 03:24:34 PM »

Practicing threes. I bet.

I have never seen an NBA guard miss this amount of wide-open-nobody-within-five-feet-cuz-they-know-he's-going-to-miss-threes.

That said, I like his game. If I just never saw him take another 3, I'd be happy.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #17035 on: February 11, 2021, 03:49:51 PM »

So when Payton takes — and misses — that three with 2 minutes to go in a close game, I think, he should not be in there.

But I'm way more tolerant with Barrett and IQ. Sometimes there are glimpses of Barrett where he's a major force, just twisting and willing himself into a basket in the paint. Other times, even in his so-called good games in the last few weeks, he has a tendency to just recede into the background on the offense, invisible, deferential. At these times, it's like he has the mentality of a second-stringer (do no harm).

Yeah, he missed the winning shot last game. I'm glad he took the fucking thing. When his confidence eventually grows, and he more or less demands that shot, we will win lots of games.

Similarly with IQ, I just think the dude has unusual nerve and vision. I know, as a rookie, he's going to fuck up at times at the end. I don't care. I want him in there and...I prefer the ball in his hands.

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Payton
« Reply #17036 on: February 11, 2021, 03:59:20 PM »

Practicing threes. I bet.

I have never seen an NBA guard miss this amount of wide-open-nobody-within-five-feet-cuz-they-know-he's-going-to-miss-threes.

That said, I like his game. If I just never saw him take another 3, I'd be happy.

I was startled when he made one the other night.

One-of-Two. 

I admire his grit and fortitude, and how Thibs has NEVER wavered in his support.  Bottom line?  He defends, and that counts for a lot with Thibs.  Knox has been shooting close to 40% on his threes, and his FT% is above 80%.  But his D is suspect, compared to Bullock and Burks and RJ, so he is the odd man out. 

Thibs' attitude is clear.  If you have an open shot, take it. 

You know, I loves me my Dawg, well, most of the time, but the hair on the back of my neck stands up, when somebody is annointed the official Knicks ScapeGoat and the groundlings pile the fuck on. 

Sometimes deservedly [Bargnini], sometimes NOT [Charlie Ward].  When Knicks fans used to contrast Charlie with Timmy Hardaway Senior, they used to obsess over Ward's obvious shortcomings.  But he was a tenacious defender, a good facilitator, and it took him a long time, but with each successive season, while never a facile shooter, he got pretty good from trey and the FT line, and in the Cinderella Strike Shortened '98-99 season, he averaged 2.1 steals a game, 5.4 assists and was .356% from trey. 

Elfrid?  Still a stinky shooter, but he is being aggressive getting to the rack, and while he is surely no finisher like RJ or Derrick, he is a threat, and curiously averaging more FGAs than at any point in his career.  His FT% is hovering between .700-.710%, and when people point out that he was good for 7.2 assists last year compared to 3.8 this season, Julius is up to 5.8 from 3.1 last season, and RJ is to 3.0 from 2.6, so more people are distributing the rock. 

Anyway, having Immanuel and Derrick breathing up Elfrid's butt is a good thing.  He seems to respond well to competition. 

PS: Rooting for Dennis to do well for the Pistons. 

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #17037 on: February 11, 2021, 04:00:52 PM »

So when Payton takes — and misses — that three with 2 minutes to go in a close game, I think, he should not be in there.

But I'm way more tolerant with Barrett and IQ. Sometimes there are glimpses of Barrett where he's a major force, just twisting and willing himself into a basket in the paint. Other times, even in his so-called good games in the last few weeks, he has a tendency to just recede into the background on the offense, invisible, deferential. At these times, it's like he has the mentality of a second-stringer (do no harm).

Yeah, he missed the winning shot last game. I'm glad he took the fucking thing. When his confidence eventually grows, and he more or less demands that shot, we will win lots of games.

Similarly with IQ, I just think the dude has unusual nerve and vision. I know, as a rookie, he's going to fuck up at times at the end. I don't care. I want him in there and...I prefer the ball in his hands.

Rose & Quickley will be finishing future fourth quarters.  Thibs was fotzing around with his new toy. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 04:15:53 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17038 on: February 11, 2021, 04:50:13 PM »

I said, "Elfrid, please" and they obliged.

Then they removed him and proceeded to lose the game

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Nightly Means Nightly, Rightly???
« Reply #17039 on: February 11, 2021, 05:01:58 PM »

You know, I loves me my Dawg, well, most of the time, but the hair on the back of my neck stands up, when somebody is annointed the official Knicks ScapeGoat and the groundlings pile the fuck on. 

You know I'm really busting on the forum imbecile and his inane, each-one-stupider-than-the-prior pronouncements harder than I am on the Elfrid.

Nothing against him really, in fact, he's got one of my favorite names in the whole league. But his ceiling is so low ya gotta limbo down not to be beheaded by it -- he cannot, and will never be able to shoot, tries on D only half the time unless pressed, (he is very pressed now, boy o boy), has an unfortunate skill set match with much of the rest of the team, and is simply far less enjoyable to watch than all of the other options.

That said, I hope he keeps rising to the competition and fetches us as many second rounders as is humanly possible when the time finally gets right to ship him out. The Garden will be a more pleasing place once it happens.

*** and that boy better be cooking cause fans are finally coming back to MSG and most are far less civilized than the dawgLUV:    https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamzagoria/2021/02/10/new-york-to-begin-allowing-fans-at-madison-square-garden-barclays-center-on-feb-23/?sh=23fa91e8433c

How that PG PER cooking kiid?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 05:40:05 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***
Pages: 1 ... 1134 1135 [1136] 1137 1138 ... 1850