Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2720 2721 [2722] 2723 2724 ... 2738

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 505334 times)

Oiled

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #40815 on: May 03, 2024, 11:41:43 AM »

Still the reading comprehension problems.  Both you (Luee) and JimDick.

Constitution protects free speech - I didn't say it protected threats, harm, or incitement to violence.  Pro Palestinian is not the same as anti-Semitic hate speech.  Were some criticisms of Israel crossing the line?  No doubt.  Are some protestors poisoning  peaceful protest and 1st Amendment exercise by violence and hate speech?  No doubt.  But that doesn't mean anyone has the right to beat up anyone in a group that's protesting Israel current policy or warfare conduct. Like Larry's peaceful colllege pal.  Last time I'm going to parse this here.  Either some brain areas can recover from severe cognitive impairment or they can't.   Good luck.  Over and out.

(ETA: fix typo which made it look, erroneously, that I was also directing the remarks to YG)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 02:05:30 PM by Oiled »
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40816 on: May 03, 2024, 01:00:21 PM »

David Brooks today in the New York Times opining on
WHY THE PROTESTS AID TRUMP

Over my career as a journalist, I have learned that when you are covering a rally, pay attention not just to protesters, pay attention to all those people who would never attend and are quietly disapproving. If you were covering the protests of the late 1960s, for example, you would have learned a lot more about the coming decades by interviewing George W. Bush than you would have by interviewing a protest celebrity like Abbie Hoffman. Hoffman was more photogenic in the moment, but Bush, and all those turned off by the protests, would turn out to be more consequential.
Over the past few days, the White House and Senator Chuck Schumer have become more critical of lawbreaking protests. They probably need to do a lot more of that if we are going to avoid
Trump: The Sequel.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 01:03:11 PM by jmmengel »

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #40817 on: May 03, 2024, 02:27:41 PM »

David Brooks today in the New York Times opining on
WHY THE PROTESTS AID TRUMP

Over my career as a journalist, I have learned that when you are covering a rally, pay attention not just to protesters, pay attention to all those people who would never attend and are quietly disapproving. If you were covering the protests of the late 1960s, for example, you would have learned a lot more about the coming decades by interviewing George W. Bush than you would have by interviewing a protest celebrity like Abbie Hoffman. Hoffman was more photogenic in the moment, but Bush, and all those turned off by the protests, would turn out to be more consequential.
Over the past few days, the White House and Senator Chuck Schumer have become more critical of lawbreaking protests. They probably need to do a lot more of that if we are going to avoid
Trump: The Sequel.

David Brooks is the guy who claimed it was a sign of how awful the economy was under Joe Biden because a meal in Newark Airport (a burger, fries and a drink) cost $78.00.
The airport concession roasted him online because 80% of the tab was his bar bill.
Yeah, Brooks has finger on the pulse of Mr. and Mrs. America and all the ships at sea!

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #40818 on: May 03, 2024, 04:13:19 PM »

The airport concession roasted him online because 80% of the tab was his bar bill.
Yeah, Brooks has finger on the pulse of Mr. and Mrs. America and all the ships at sea!

Brooks has impressed me at times, but lately his compass seems no longer to point to magnetic north.

And I notice others, who actually covered the protests, saw something a bit different from the RW depiction.

As former Washington Post journalist Paul Waldman explained in his newsletter, People who have actually reported from the protests  have by and large found them to be well-behaved. The vast majority of scary, violent images stem not from the protesters themselves, Waldman argues, but from the police crackdowns...

https://www.salon.com/2024/05/03/donald-is-using-campus-to-stoke-right-wing-violence-for-the/

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40819 on: May 03, 2024, 04:30:28 PM »

Somehow trying to paint the disruptions of over 40 college campuses, especially since the students were victims of professional agitators, as mainly peaceful is not making many friends for the democrats.
Especially given the language used by voice and signs.
DEATH TO AMERICA
NAZI BITCHES
ZIONISTS DO NOT DESERVE TO LIVE

And where does Biden get off calling for an end toIslamophobia?
What Islamaphobia?

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40820 on: May 03, 2024, 05:31:00 PM »

Somehow trying to paint the disruptions of over 40 college campuses, especially since the students were victims of professional agitators, as mainly peaceful is not making many friends for the democrats.
DEATH TO AMERICA
NAZI BITCHES

What Islamaphobia?
Ask the ADL. They will tell you.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40821 on: May 03, 2024, 06:49:07 PM »

DEATH TO AMERICA
NAZI BITCHES

What Islamaphobia?
Ask the ADL. They will tell you.
No it will not.
Biden brought it up because of Michigan.
You embarrass yourself.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40822 on: May 03, 2024, 09:27:08 PM »

News Item

The recent wave of pro-Palestinian protests on college campuses came on suddenly and shocked people across the nation. But the political tactics underlying some of the demonstrations were the result of months of training, planning and encouragement by longtime activists and left-wing groups.

At Columbia University, in the weeks and months before police took down encampments at the New York City campus and removed demonstrators occupying an academic building, student organizers began consulting with groups such as the National Students for Justice in Palestine, veterans of campus protests and former Black Panthers.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #40823 on: May 03, 2024, 10:26:23 PM »

Brooks has impressed me at times, but lately his compass seems no longer to point to magnetic north.

And I notice others, who actually covered the protests, saw something a bit different from the RW depiction.

As former Washington Post journalist Paul Waldman explained in his newsletter, People who have actually reported from the protests  have by and large found them to be well-behaved. The vast majority of scary, violent images stem not from the protesters themselves, Waldman argues, but from the police crackdowns...

https://www.salon.com/2024/05/03/donald-is-using-campus-to-stoke-right-wing-violence-for-the/

First, the leftist protesters are largely non-violent. Second, the few who do act up end up arrested, despite Trump's insinuations to the contrary. But his tactics have never needed to be fact-based to accomplish their goal of permitting his followers to be their worst selves. They already want to believe that the left is violent, so they feel justified in actually being violent.

Assholes on FOX are comparing the campus protests with the January 6 attackers!

Unfortunately this is par for the course.

People engage in protest over a grievance they consider important enough to engage in civic disobedience to bring attention to their issue. Then in almost every instance the protestors separate into groups with competing interests. In my experience the vast majority of those gathering are there for the cause. Then are those who come for the purpose of disruption, either as counter protests or for the sheer thrill of raising hell and wreaking havoc.

During the George Floyd protests the provocateurs were suburban kids acting out for goofs and white supremacists whose mission was to provoke response from police. In Minneapolis the powder keg appear to have been ignited by the guy vandalizing the AutoZone. Known as The Umbrella Man was first identified as a white supremacist
https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-helped-ignite-george-floyd-riots-identified-white/story?id=72051536
however
https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field-offices/minneapolis/news/press-releases/fbi-seeks-publics-help-in-identifying-umbrella-man
Meanwhile ANOTHER white supremacist set the police precinct on fire and capped off a bunch of rounds in the process.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/23/texas-boogaloo-boi-minneapolis-police-building-george-floyd

The police response was totally over the top.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2024/04/02/minneapolis-says-all-postriot-recommendations-after-george-floyds-murder-implemented

There is a third group of those who join protests. They are the ones who see what is unfolding in the streets and figure they can work crazy hours a week and they STILL will never be able to afford that sixty inch flat screen they covet and so it is tally ho! I might as well go get mine!

What does the media report on what drives the people to protest? Fuck no!

What does the general public say about the protests?

Why must they do all the burning and looting? it just hurts their cause!

Wash, rinse, repeat.

For perspective consider the 1968 Democratic National Convention. The police rioted and America turned to Richard Nixon to restore Law and Order.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #40824 on: May 03, 2024, 10:28:22 PM »

News Item

The recent wave of pro-Palestinian protests on college campuses came on suddenly and shocked people across the nation. But the political tactics underlying some of the demonstrations were the result of months of training, planning and encouragement by longtime activists and left-wing groups.

At Columbia University, in the weeks and months before police took down encampments at the New York City campus and removed demonstrators occupying an academic building, student organizers began consulting with groups such as the National Students for Justice in Palestine, veterans of campus protests and former Black Panthers.

See my previous post.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40825 on: May 03, 2024, 10:32:37 PM »

News Item

See my previous post.
News Item

See my previous post.
LOL!

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #40826 on: May 04, 2024, 01:20:31 AM »

"The constitution does not protect....hate speeches.....against ethnic or religious groups"

Are you saying you should be prosecuted?

Objective comments on public message boards is not hate speech to cause harm or start a riot. We seem to have a wonderful dynamic between woke liberals and everyone else. When confronted by the truth pour on the obscenities.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #40827 on: May 04, 2024, 04:41:04 AM »

Objective? If you say so.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #40828 on: May 04, 2024, 09:46:28 AM »

Gabbard spoke to Joe Rogan on Wednesday's episode of the "Joe Rogan Experience" podcast about her new book, "For Love of Country: Leave the Democrat Party Behind," outlining how she left the Democratic Party as it became an "elitist cabal of warmongers driven crazy by woke ideology and anti-White animus."
https://www.foxnews.com/media/tulsi-predicts-doomsday-scenario-freedom-biden-admin-reelected-says-future-cannot-allowed
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #40829 on: May 04, 2024, 10:08:16 AM »

She is very objective
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 2720 2721 [2722] 2723 2724 ... 2738