Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1707 1708 [1709] 1710 1711 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 938676 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #25620 on: December 04, 2022, 09:20:07 PM »

We kept a team under a fucking hundred for the first time all year!!!!

We kept them to fucking 81 points!

What the hell, is this the resurrection of Thibs?

(answer: probably not)

🤜🎁🤛

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
92-81!
« Reply #25621 on: December 05, 2022, 10:43:27 AM »

What a weird game, lol!
Cavs came in out-of-sync, and we kept them out-of-sync.
And the refs kept EVERYBODY out-of-sync.
Pretty much longest, most consistent defensive effort of the year.
OK! You know I like that. Deuce first sub off the bench. OK. You know I love that!
RJ plays less than 35 minutes, you know I LOVE that! Somehow 31 felt like 21, it was so joyful for me.
Sustained effort for 48, reduced stupidity, retro late 90s final points tally. Yes!

* Imagine you are Cam or anybody and you watch RJ stink for 20 straight mins, over and over and over and over and over and over, with nary a reprimand or a pull, and then you stink for 6 mins some game and know you'll get disappeared for three games or three weeks or forever.

** RJ, btw, is dead to me. More than inconsistent, I think he is really STUPID with very poor basketball awareness, which is probably incurable, a horrible waste of 107 million dollars and could care less if he has a good quarter or half or even a four game stretch. He is way more damaging than a Knox or Ntilikina because you are prohibited from benching him. Until he plays well for weeks or months at a time, he puts an impenetrable iron ceiling on our development as a team. That's that. My monthly message and I will not speak on him again until 1/1/2023.

*** I do like the little mini-oop play he's developed with Mitch, tho

*** Despite one of his few sub-par games this season, I found DM a joy to watch and my trade-that-never-happened-fury remains unabated

« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 11:05:52 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25622 on: December 05, 2022, 02:55:45 PM »

Pretty much longest, most consistent defensive effort of the year.
OK! You know I like that. Deuce first sub off the bench. OK. You know I love that!
RJ plays less than 35 minutes, you know I LOVE that! Somehow 31 felt like 21, it was so joyful for me.
Sustained effort for 48, reduced stupidity, retro late 90s final points tally. Yes!

* Imagine you are Cam or anybody and you watch RJ stink for 20 straight mins, over and over and over and over and over and over, with nary a reprimand or a pull, and then you stink for 6 mins some game and know you'll get disappeared for three games or three weeks or forever.

Note that RJ played 21 minutes in the first half, more than any other Knick. It was miraculous when he finally started sitting in the second half. And I was imagining how it was for Cam to see RJ fuck up again and again, to be prohibited from playing a minute in the game.

What exactly is the message to the other players?

Doesn't matter. Not part of the rotation. Here's what Thibs said after the game:

"Part of that is probably less people in the rotation, too," Thibodeau said. "That gives you a better rhythm. So that's part of the reason why we went to nine."

He later explained that he was still figuring out who to play in his nine-man rotation during the last trip:

"The tough thing is you've got to make a decision. Who are the nine? And there's guys who are deserving to be in there," Thibodeau said. "You're trying to stretch it a little bit until there's more clarity to it and once there is and you
have more information, now you've got to make the decision. So that's what we did."

So Thibs feels that selecting his GOLDEN NINE will lead to "rhythm" and victory, as it did against Cleveland. Ignore the previous losses. Didn't have the nine. Ignore the issues with concentration, intensity, judgment. Wasn't the right nine. Ignore any perceived failures in approach, strategy, adjustments. Was just a matter of finding the golden nine.

We shall see.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 03:05:26 PM by elephant »

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: 92-81!
« Reply #25623 on: December 05, 2022, 06:22:52 PM »

** RJ, btw, is dead to me.

That's that. My monthly message and I will not speak on him again until 1/1/2023.

Hey doggie 🐶 you sure you can hold that long? That is almost a full month, good luck with that!

But you can talk about Thibs and his complete inability to draw a play after a timeout, especially at the end of games.

I cant ask for his head until Wednesday, see, much easier than having to wait until 2023.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Cry Me A River [The Eternal Kult Of Donovan Mitchell Penis Envy]
« Reply #25624 on: December 06, 2022, 07:42:12 PM »

Gee Whiz

This After A Victory

Admittedly, we caught a break, with no Jarrett Allen

Still...Cavs had that Donovan Mitchell fellow, and Darius Garland, and Evan Mobley and Kevin Love, who lit us up last time. 

No matter. 

RJ SUCKS. 

Thibs SUCKS. 

Duly Noted

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Cry Me A River [The Eternal Kult Of Donovan Mitchell Penis Envy]
« Reply #25625 on: December 06, 2022, 09:39:38 PM »

Gee Whiz

This After A Victory

Admittedly, we caught a break, with no Jarrett Allen

Still...Cavs had that Donovan Mitchell fellow, and Darius Garland, and Evan Mobley and Kevin Love, who lit us up last time. 

No matter. 

RJ SUCKS. 

Thibs SUCKS. 

Duly Noted

FWIW,

I was not and am not in favor of the rape proposed by Danny boy.

Have not said a peep about RJ.

Thibs still generally sucks BIG TIME, with a good game here and there. But not asking for his head at least until tomorrow evening.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Warnock
« Reply #25626 on: December 06, 2022, 10:23:26 PM »

MEANWHILE

With a squeaker in Georgia

Be still my heart

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25627 on: December 06, 2022, 10:49:19 PM »

Look.

If you've got a great team, and you're winning, and you're so good that you can keep talent like Cam, Rose, and Fournier nailed to the pine, totally out of rotation, then right on!

Go with what works!

On the other hand, if you've got an 11-13 record, and have dropped 4 of the last 6, this seems nothing less than mismanagement of talent, and some folks will naturally question the coach's tenuous hold on reality.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Warnock
« Reply #25628 on: December 06, 2022, 10:50:24 PM »

MEANWHILE

Be still my heart

Difference keeps growing.

With 98% counted, it is 50.7 to 49.3

Id take it any day!!! 😁

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25629 on: December 06, 2022, 10:52:24 PM »

Gee Whiz

This After A Victory

I loved the victory.

It was the coaches proclamation afterward of what the victory meant (he's finally found his rotation!) that seems screwy and waaaayyyy premature at best.

Truth is, you can like and respect Thibs, and still wonder if the game has passed him by.

chipstern

• View Profile
Hawks
« Reply #25630 on: December 06, 2022, 10:54:15 PM »

Look.

If you've got a great team, and you're winning, and you're so good that you can keep talent like Cam, Rose, and Fournier nailed to the pine, totally out of rotation, then right on!

Go with what works!

On the other hand, if you've got an 11-13 record, and have dropped 4 of the last 6, this seems nothing less than mismanagement of talent, and some folks will naturally question the coach's tenuous hold on reality.

K

We have Trae and J at the Garden tomorrow. 

We shall see what the Knicks bring. 

Me?

I am on record as being a Fournier, Rose, Reddish booster. 

Grimes and McBride gave us serious defensive presence. 

IQ gave us improved D, rebounding and a more consistent offensive game...less chucking, more juking. 

The idea that Thibs elevating Quentin, Deuce and Immanuel is a symtom of madness is...

Well, Donovan and Love had our number in Cleveland.  Not so on Sunday. 

Atlanta? 

We shall see, won't we. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Warnock
« Reply #25631 on: December 06, 2022, 10:56:10 PM »

MEANWHILE

Be still my heart

Id take it any day!!! 😁

Steve Kornacki.

The Marv Alpert of the telestrator. 

The Fulton County votes came in, and with 98% of the vote in, Warnock is up by 50,000. 

As for the nine man rotation, the votes have yet to come in...

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #25632 on: December 06, 2022, 10:57:39 PM »

Gee Whiz

This After A Victory

I loved the victory.

It was the coaches proclamation afterward of what the victory meant (he's finally found his rotation!) that seems screwy and waaaayyyy premature at best.

Truth is, you can like and respect Thibs, and still wonder if the game has passed him by.

You've got me there. 

Anyway, minimally, until next spring, we are joined at the hip.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Rotation
« Reply #25633 on: December 06, 2022, 11:56:06 PM »

MEANWHILE

Be still my heart

Id take it any day!!! 😁

Steve Kornacki.

The Marv Alpert of the telestrator. 

The Fulton County votes came in, and with 98% of the vote in, Warnock is up by 50,000. 

As for the nine man rotation, the votes have yet to come in...

10 at least.

Chamaco prefers 8 max, maybe 7.

How about you?

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25634 on: December 07, 2022, 02:47:42 PM »

So after last year, I figured we needed to get rid of Thibs or Randle to get a winning team.

But that didn't happened. Maybe couldn't happen.

So then I figured you have to get rid of RJ or Randle, because they're not complementary players. Since a trade seemed to be impossible, I was drawn to the idea of RJ playing with the 2nd unit.

Now....now it seems we're all in on the RJ/Randle/Thibs unit! Like, forever! In fact, not only do we want to trade away Cam/Fournier/Rose for....you know, undisclosed better players, we're cool about adding IQ to the mix to get it done!

I mean, this is dismal shit. Where is the vision?
Pages: 1 ... 1707 1708 [1709] 1710 1711 ... 1850