Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1733 1734 [1735] 1736 1737 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 936068 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #26010 on: January 23, 2023, 02:11:12 PM »

Rui to the Lakeshow for Nunn and three seconds.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Never Too Early
« Reply #26011 on: January 23, 2023, 02:32:05 PM »

File under REALLY Bizzare: Anyone notice that when the Raptors were assessed a technical, I think it was a flagrant OneShot/Possession, and the Knicks could annoint ANYONE to shoot the free throw, instead of sending Brunson to the line, THIBS ANNOINTED JULIUS, who as even the most devout Randle enthusiasts know, is a very streaky FT Shooter. 

Absurd, but I'm assuming a necessary part of the Human Manatee's strategy to keep Mr. Sunshine happy...whatever it takes...we've seen the dark side. we must never go back.

File under EXCEPTIONALLY BIZZARE & UNCONSCIONABLE:  Obi came out on fire.  He shot 4-5 from trey, and Thibs played Sims [who played well] 33 minutes, and Obi 11.  ELEVEN.  Raptors with no center, no big over 6'8" or 6'9".  I mean, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

just trade him I say, set him free, for f's sake...he'll never get the minutes with Randle here, he'll never get the ball with Barrett here (the turning point in the game, we've finally clawed our way back to even, RJ takes several horrible shots in succession with a turnover or two tossed in..never looks at Obi or Evan, why bother, on to defeat!)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 02:35:15 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #26012 on: January 23, 2023, 02:58:46 PM »

Lakers should be prosecuted for Grand Larceny.

chipstern

• View Profile
Nunn
« Reply #26013 on: January 23, 2023, 03:03:14 PM »

I reckon things had gotten toxic and Wizards figured Nunn could, if healthy, could give them depth and skill at PG.

So much for Cam to the Lakers.

Too bad Lakers couldn't get Eric Gordon tossed in...

chipstern

• View Profile
To Simon Bolivar With Love
« Reply #26014 on: January 23, 2023, 04:59:03 PM »

Toronto plays small ball.  They have athletic bigs, but most top out at 6'8", maybe one at 6'9"

Obi came out on fire, draining 5-7, with four treys.

Did Thibs reward Obi for all his hard work?  Team him with JR to force Raptors to defend inside AND outside?

NO. 

He played Obi 11 minutes and Jericho Sims 33.

I respect Thibs, but am at my wits end.

PS: When Raptors were flagged for a Flagrant ONE, did Thibs task Jalen with draining the FT?  No.  Julius, a dynamic force for sure, but a very challenged FT shooter.  Unbelievable?

PPS:  Cam?  Thibs has crushed his spirit.  Knicks look to be dealing him for waste water.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Context
« Reply #26015 on: January 23, 2023, 05:28:20 PM »

If you see us shot and lost, you are even more pessimistic than I am.

My dear Fac, context is EVERYTHING.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
I love you too
« Reply #26016 on: January 23, 2023, 05:32:06 PM »

I respect Thibs, but ...

... it looks like my favorite meshuga is running out of excuses for his favorite coach.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Never Too Early
« Reply #26017 on: January 23, 2023, 06:00:54 PM »

File under REALLY Bizzare: Anyone notice that when the Raptors were assessed a technical, I think it was a flagrant OneShot/Possession, and the Knicks could annoint ANYONE to shoot the free throw, instead of sending Brunson to the line, THIBS ANNOINTED JULIUS, who as even the most devout Randle enthusiasts know, is a very streaky FT Shooter. 

Absurd, but I'm assuming a necessary part of the Human Manatee's strategy to keep Mr. Sunshine happy...whatever it takes...we've seen the dark side. we must never go back.

File under EXCEPTIONALLY BIZZARE & UNCONSCIONABLE:  Obi came out on fire.  He shot 4-5 from trey, and Thibs played Sims [who played well] 33 minutes, and Obi 11.  ELEVEN.  Raptors with no center, no big over 6'8" or 6'9".  I mean, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

just trade him I say, set him free, for f's sake...he'll never get the minutes with Randle here, he'll never get the ball with Barrett here (the turning point in the game, we've finally clawed our way back to even, RJ takes several horrible shots in succession with a turnover or two tossed in..never looks at Obi or Evan, why bother, on to defeat!)

I wasn't going to say anything about the Randle free throw, cuz that's just vintage Thibs.

I wasn't going to say anything about how we are wasting Obi, because Lester does it better than I could. And now it's more tragedy than comedy.

And I wasn't going say anything about RJ because, you know, 30 points! A brilliant night! But again, it's in the timing. That flurry of bad plays, right when we needed good ones, pretty much cut the rope mooring us to a competitive game. We never recovered.

I'm not saying the loss was on him. Just saying that sequence is something we've seen again and again.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 06:09:54 PM by elephant »

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #26018 on: January 23, 2023, 06:02:39 PM »

116, 139, 125.

We were keeping under 112. What changed?

Cavs up next.

This is a really good question.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #26019 on: January 23, 2023, 07:03:25 PM »

FOR ALL THAT IS HOLY, NO TO GRAYSON ALLEN.

(I don't care what his 3 point percentage is)

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #26020 on: January 23, 2023, 08:20:52 PM »

FOR ALL THAT IS HOLY, NO TO GRAYSON ALLEN.

(I don't care what his 3 point percentage is)

🥁⏰️🥁

So...whose minutes would he take?

RJ
Grimes
IQ

Sounds very dubious.

I mean....

Allen & Thibs?

Not feeling it.

Sleep tight El-A-Phant

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #26021 on: January 24, 2023, 02:30:33 PM »

This is so interesting.

I thought early in the year when the Wizards were winning that it was illusory and they would start to falter. And they did. But playing them last week when they're healthy, I mean damn, they've got an array of offensive threats. And they moved the ball around beautifully.

And when Hachimura plays, he looks pretty good!

If they make the playoffs, we've got their first round pick, no? So I wonder if they're going to unload somebody else, forget about the now, and just make a push for the future.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #26022 on: January 24, 2023, 04:33:48 PM »

This is so interesting.

I thought early in the year when the Wizards were winning that it was illusory and they would start to falter. And they did. But playing them last week when they're healthy, I mean damn, they've got an array of offensive threats. And they moved the ball around beautifully.

And when Hachimura plays, he looks pretty good!

If they make the playoffs, we've got their first round pick, no? So I wonder if they're going to unload somebody else, forget about the now, and just make a push for the future.

Not seeing that.

With Kuzma, Kispert and Avidja, Wiz are pretty flush with big wings.

Rui wasn't a happy camper.

Nunn gives them some depth at the point. 

Porzingis, Kuzma, Beal is a core they would like to keep together.  Porzingis might not pick up his option.

So Wiz are looking to keep their core together

chipstern

• View Profile
Sigh
« Reply #26023 on: January 24, 2023, 09:01:43 PM »

Here
We
Go

Again

chipstern

• View Profile
Praise The Lord