Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 295469 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #4935 on: August 01, 2021, 08:26:29 PM »

Arod explained, "you need to play errorless free baseball."

That has not been how the Red Sox have been playing.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4936 on: August 01, 2021, 08:47:10 PM »

I think I'd rather have the Sox play error-less baseball or error-free baseball, than errorless free baseball.

ARod's phrase sounds like a double negative.

I would also like to see the Sox stop playing offense-free baseball.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: August 01, 2021, 08:57:25 PM »

And I am hoping that Robles pitches better than our last new acquisition did last night.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: August 01, 2021, 09:11:53 PM »

What is Arod talking about, Cora "turning him loose" about Kiki.

The man has 1 stolen base in 1 attempt this year.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4939 on: August 02, 2021, 05:01:23 PM »

And I am hoping that Robles pitches better than our last new acquisition did last night.

Doubt creeping in ...
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4940 on: August 02, 2021, 05:03:47 PM »

Doubt creeping in ...

When did it ever leave?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4941 on: August 03, 2021, 04:12:07 PM »

Along with Cole whose positive test was announced yesterday, Jordan Montgomery is now positive.  Not to put to too fine a point on it, I believe that the Yankees' claim that 85% of their team has been vaccinated is a lie.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: August 03, 2021, 06:41:11 PM »

Along with Cole whose positive test was announced yesterday, Jordan Montgomery is now positive.  Not to put to too fine a point on it, I believe that the Yankees' claim that 85% of their team has been vaccinated is a lie.

Given close quarters and what happened in Nantucket, I have no trouble believing that 85% of them are vaccinated, Yank.

I wonder how many more will test positive.

And the as yet undiscussed thing is that while almost nobody is dying from the breakthrough Delta variant, about 20% of those who do catch it seem to be having the Long Haul version.

p.s Lindsay Graham tested positive, too. He's not pitching for the rest of the season...

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4943 on: August 03, 2021, 06:56:23 PM »

The Yankees history of covering up and lying about injuries (Don Gullet will be back next week!!), albeit for other reasons, makes me very cynical about anything they say.

Until these widespread outbreaks occur in teams other than the Yankees and Nationals claiming 85%, I'll consider their claims very suspicious.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4944 on: August 03, 2021, 07:11:13 PM »

The Yankees history of covering up and lying about injuries (Don Gullet will be back next week!!), albeit for other reasons, makes me very cynical about anything they say.

Until these widespread outbreaks occur in teams other than the Yankees and Nationals claiming 85%, I'll consider their claims very suspicious.

Fair enough.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: August 03, 2021, 10:37:50 PM »

I am sure there is a reason we are playing with the goal of losing, but I do not know what that reason would be.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4946 on: August 03, 2021, 11:20:08 PM »

Given close quarters and what happened in Nantucket, I have no trouble believing that 85% of them are vaccinated, Yank.

And the as yet undiscussed thing is that while almost nobody is dying from the breakthrough Delta variant, about 20% of those who do catch it seem to be having the Long Haul version.

p.s Lindsay Graham tested positive, too. He's not pitching for the rest of the season...

OVERTESTING

Vaccinated + no symptoms = no need to test

Cole likely has so little in his nostril, simple trace - that it becomes ridiculous to sit him down
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 11:21:46 PM by kidcarter8 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4947 on: August 04, 2021, 12:04:37 AM »

OVERTESTING

Cole likely has so little in his nostril, simple trace - that it becomes ridiculous to sit him down

Where do you get this stuff, Kid?

Earlier this week, the CDC director, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, also said that new data had revealed that people who are vaccinated and test positive for the virus can carry the same viral load as people who are unvaccinated and test positive for the virus. This research found that cycle threshold (Ct) values in samples from 127 fully vaccinated people and 84 unvaccinated people were similar.

In MARCH, they believed the vaccines would reduce the viral load. They have since then discovered that this is not the case.

Same thing for you as for Ward. Stop spreading bullshit about the vaccine. Next time is 5 days.

Do your research and provide your sources.

While this paper is in pre-print, its finding on viral load align with other findings in the last 30 days.
https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210803/Unvaccinated-and-vaccinated-have-similar-viral-load-in-communities-high-in-SARS-CoV-2-delta.aspx

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: August 04, 2021, 09:38:15 AM »

"This is a pandemic of CASES, not a pandemic of illnesses"

- Overheard yesterday on one show or another.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4949 on: August 04, 2021, 10:11:25 AM »

OVERTESTING

You should take a science class. Even a 5th grade class would do you some good.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 469