Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2682 2683 [2684] 2685 2686 ... 2729

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 503216 times)

LarryB!

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #40245 on: March 25, 2024, 03:36:45 PM »

If we were serious about legal immigration,
We are serious about LEGAL immigration.
Biden and his team of incompetents can not figure out what to do about ILLEGAL a immigration
Thank you for catching that error. I will fix it.

Biden did figure out what to do about illegal immigration, and in a bipartisan way. It was Trump and his bootlicking flunkies like you who sunk it solely to preserve what they see as a winning political issue.
Typical of you to resort to blind partisanship.
Biden wiped out Trump executive actions amid his promises to fix the border
FAIL!
It was not until  this year that he appealed for Congress to give him more money even though he had both the House and the  Senate in control of democrats for two years.
He has asked for more money for border enforcement before.
His recent request was to counter the overwhelming negative public opinion of his handling of the border. L

ROFLMAFAO!

Is that why the House folded.on the toughest border bill in more than a decade? Or was it because the GOP and Donald Trump do not want a solution they want an issue.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4433785-trump-says-blame-it-on-me-border-bill-fails/

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40246 on: March 25, 2024, 03:45:54 PM »

Biden and his team of incompetents can not figure out what to do about ILLEGAL a immigration

Biden did figure out what to do about illegal immigration, and in a bipartisan way. It was Trump and his bootlicking flunkies like you who sunk it solely to preserve what they see as a winning political issue.
FAIL!
It was not until  this year that he appealed for Congress to give him more money even though he had both the House and the  Senate in control of democrats for two years.
His recent request was to counter the overwhelming negative public opinion of his handling of the border. L

ROFLMAFAO!

Is that why the House folded.on the toughest border bill in more than a decade? Or was it because the GOP and Donald Trump do not want a solution they want an issue.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4433785-trump-says-blame-it-on-me-border-bill-fails/
Trump then has more sway with Congress than a sitting President?
Remember Bidenwon the last election over Trump and his party ruled the House and the Senate.
Biden was, apparently, more interested  then in embarrassing Trump than passing border laws.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 03:51:15 PM by jmmengel »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40247 on: March 25, 2024, 04:01:20 PM »

FAIL!

ROFLMAFAO!

He has more sway in the House where the Repo majority has opted against legislating in favor of serving as a limp appendage to the Trump campaign.
Remember Bidenwon the last election over Trump and his party ruled the House and the Senate.
Biden was, apparently, more interested  then in embarrassing Trump than passing border laws.
Nope. He asked for more money for border enforcement from the start. But it takes more than nominal control of the Senate to get past the weaponization of the filibuster rules and you know it. And the House, which had an obstructionist minority intent on grandstanding rather that  governing and a majority with a wide divergence of opinion on the subject makes passing reform next to impossible. That is why Repos subverting the most recent bipartisan measure was so short sighted, if what they really wanted was reform and not a permanent issue to campaign on. The stars had alligned for passing reform, and that will not happen again any time soon.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #40248 on: March 25, 2024, 04:19:33 PM »

FAIL!

ROFLMAFAO!

Trump then has more sway with the GOP House Majority than a sitting President?

Yes! According to Trump.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #40249 on: March 25, 2024, 04:19:57 PM »

FAIL!

ROFLMAFAO!

He has more sway in the House where the Repo majority has opted against legislating in favor of serving as a limp appendage to the Trump campaign.
Nope. He asked for more money for border enforcement from the start. But it takes more than nominal control of the Senate to get past the weaponization of the filibuster rules and you know it. And the House, which had an obstructionist minority intent on grandstanding rather that  governing and a majority with a wide divergence of opinion on the subject makes passing reform next to impossible. That is why Repos subverting the most recent bipartisan measure was so short sighted, if what they really wanted was reform and not a permanent issue to campaign on. The stars had alligned for passing reform, and that will not happen again any time soon.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40250 on: March 25, 2024, 04:21:50 PM »

Red is running very low in the bullshit toolbox. That particular screwy take is republican liturgy going back decades, switching only the characters of the day. Still, Red gets a point for spitting it out coherently without falling over his own ass this time.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40251 on: March 25, 2024, 04:24:51 PM »

Arithmetic and formatting. Proofreading is completely out of the question.

My mental deterioration bingo card for Red is filling up at a prodigious pace today.

New York did open things up for concerns that contemplate a sub twenty percent return on the fire sale to consider posting the bond for sad fat Poorleone.
It is doubtful NY would force a sale anyway, since Tru.p's properties are so far in debt NY would be so far down as a creditor that forcing a sale would get them little or nothing. I suspect they would have gotten in line, and then worked with the superior claims when the verdict gets affirmed.

When trump losses the appeals and has no available cash or fungible assets, the bond holders will force the sale write down and all. 

Chubb eats trump might be one of the headlines.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40252 on: March 26, 2024, 04:56:46 PM »

My mental deterioration bingo card for Red is filling up at a prodigious pace today.

New York did open things up for concerns that contemplate a sub twenty percent return on the fire sale to consider posting the bond for sad fat Poorleone.
It is doubtful NY would force a sale anyway, since Tru.p's properties are so far in debt NY would be so far down as a creditor that forcing a sale would get them little or nothing. I suspect they would have gotten in line, and then worked with the superior claims when the verdict gets affirmed.

When trump losses the appeals and has no available cash or fungible assets, the bond holders will force the sale write down and all. 

It is more likely Trump lawyers will use the 8th Amendment Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed to reduce the amount even more.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40253 on: March 26, 2024, 05:28:49 PM »

It is more likely Trump lawyers will use the 8th Amendment Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed to reduce the amount even more.
Good luck with that.

The amount was based on the amount the Court determined Trump benefited from his fraud. The trial court's damage award is not "excessive" under the 8th Amendment because it is the amount of the actual damages. You do not get to steal half a billion and then complain about having to pay it all back.

The appeals court may indeed determine that the amount is excessive but it will be based on disagreeing with the lower Court's determination of the appropriate amount, not the 8th Amendment.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40254 on: March 26, 2024, 06:15:37 PM »

Good luck with that.

The amount was based on the amount the Court determined Trump benefited from his fraud. The trial court's damage award is not "excessive" under the 8th Amendment because it is the amount of the actual damages.
Just who was damaged?
The bank executives who worked with Trump testified in court that they were happy with their business dealings with him, and even sought additional business with Trump, whom they viewed as a whale of a client.

The appeals court may indeed determine that the amount is excessive but it will be based on disagreeing with the lower Court determination of the appropriate amount, not the 8th Amendment.
It is unheard of to seek repayment of over $464 million when there was no identifiable victim and when the entities on the other side of all of these transactions were sophisticated investors who conducted their own due diligence.
John Malcolm, a former assistant U.S. Attorney in Atlanta.

I doubt the Trump lawyers will overlook the 8th Amendment in their appeal.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40255 on: March 26, 2024, 06:42:26 PM »

John Malcolm should learn how to identify victims. That might have something to do with the former in his job title.

Trump is now pimping Jesus like he is his favorite daughter.

Sad.

Richard P. Feynman

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #40256 on: March 26, 2024, 06:50:46 PM »

He becomes more of a cretin daily.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40257 on: March 26, 2024, 06:52:56 PM »

Good luck with that.

The amount was based on the amount the Court determined Trump benefited from his fraud. The trial court's damage award is not "excessive" under the 8th Amendment because it is the amount of the actual damages.
Just who was damaged?
The bank executives who worked with Trump testified in court that they were happy with their business dealings with him, and even sought additional business with Trump, whom they viewed as a whale of a client.

The appeals court may indeed determine that the amount is excessive but it will be based on disagreeing with the lower Court determination of the appropriate amount, not the 8th Amendment.
It is unheard of to seek repayment of over $464 million when there was no identifiable victim and when the entities on the other side of all of these transactions were sophisticated investors who conducted their own due diligence.
John Malcolm, a former assistant U.S. Attorney in Atlanta.

I doubt the Trump lawyers will overlook the 8th Amendment in their appeal.
Literally nothing you cite or quote has anything to do with the 8th Amendment. If the harm supports the trial court's determination of.damages, the amount is upheld. If the appeals court finds that amount is not supported by the evidencd, that amount will be reduced to what the court finds the damages to be. That is a normal appeal process for.any damages, for any amount. It is a review of a factual finding and has nothing to do with the 8th Amendment. Not that, having made an uninformed statement to the contrary you will ever admit it.

But, yes, I suspect Trump's lawyers.will make.an 8th Amendment argument, because they clearly nu.p when he tells them without exercising independent judgements, no matter how.stupid it makes them look to the court and legal community. But that will not be the basis of any court finding.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40259 on: March 26, 2024, 06:58:21 PM »

John Malcolm should learn how to identify victims. That might have something to do with the former in his job title.

Trump is now pimping Jesus like he is his favorite daughter.

Sad.
The trial court's determination is not based on the amount other businesses lost, but how much Trump gained by his fraud. Trump is being ordered to disgorge his profits, not compensate a loss. My understanding is it is not even necessary for there to be a loss under the statute. I am going to guess the trial court and NY AG know more about how damages are assessed under the specific statute than some former Assistant US Attorney.
Pages: 1 ... 2682 2683 [2684] 2685 2686 ... 2729