Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2019 2020 [2021] 2022 2023 ... 2731

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 503464 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #30300 on: August 05, 2022, 10:08:15 AM »

Among the takeaways for black women in the Breonna Taylor case? Choose well when it comes to boyfriends. If she had, she'd likely be alive today.

Louisville detectives? Maybe follow the Constitution and that'll keep you out of jail, dummies.

Wow.

You just blamed a woman killed by police while sleeping in her home for her own murder.

The fact she had kicked her old boyfriend to the curb means nothing, right?

Nor the fact the KY AG literally threw the case from beginning to end.

No, I just said that she made a fatal choice when she got involved with an idiot who decided to shoot at the Louisville police. Which is a fact.

If you want to argue against facts, well, then have fun.

You got the wrong boyfriend.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30301 on: August 05, 2022, 11:16:00 AM »

http://www.vice.com/en/article/v7vv8a/michigan-primaries-ryan-kelly-not-conceding

Be best!

We could trade him for Britney.  I'm sure he'd find the elections in Russia more legit and free of oddities.

What the hell is taking so damn long with the Griner detention?  Jeez.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #30302 on: August 05, 2022, 11:30:23 AM »

Kyrsten Sinema fell in line to march merrily along with Schumer and the gang.
To her credit however she had the decency to knock out billions of dollars from the democrat boondoggle that would have crushed businesses of all sizes.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30303 on: August 05, 2022, 11:36:23 AM »

We added over.500,000 new jobs last month,.and the unemployment rate is down to 3.5%. The strong economic recovery under Biden continues, to the discomfiture of people like kiid and RedDickJimm who have been rooting for a recession.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #30304 on: August 05, 2022, 11:42:02 AM »

http://www.vice.com/en/article/v7vv8a/michigan-primaries-ryan-kelly-not-conceding

Be best!

We could trade him for Britney.  I'm sure he'd find the elections in Russia more legit and free of oddities.

Why is Griner more important than other Americans detained in prisons in totalitarian nations?  And many of them didn't waltz into those countries with illegal drugs blithely assuming their celebrity would protect them.  It's not a big secret that Russia has strict drug laws, and the US schoolteacher who moved to Russia and had crippling arthritis got 14 years for using medical mj.  Not a peep about him?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 11:45:10 AM by SardineMartin »
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #30305 on: August 05, 2022, 11:56:04 AM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2022/07/28/marc-fogel-teacher-russia-prison/

Use archive.ph if you get a paywall.  It's an interesting contrast between the situation of a teacher and a bball player.  Some of us think teachers are as important. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30306 on: August 05, 2022, 11:57:25 AM »

We added over.500,000 new jobs last month,.and the unemployment rate is down to 3.5%. The strong economic recovery under Biden continues, to the discomfiture of people like kiid and RedDickJimm who have been rooting for a recession.

Wages, grew, too.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30307 on: August 05, 2022, 12:02:18 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #30308 on: August 05, 2022, 12:09:55 PM »

Wages, grew, too.
Yes, and now that the barrel price of oil is dropping, supply chain issues are getting sorted out and we are about to pass the Inflation Reduction Act, all barriers to the booming American economy are fading away! Good work, Biden!
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30309 on: August 05, 2022, 12:13:30 PM »

Kyrsten Sinema fell in line to march merrily along with Schumer and the gang.
To her credit however she had the decency to knock out billions of dollars from the democrat boondoggle that would have crushed businesses of all sizes.

Yep

Good Senate work this week across the board, continuing through the weekend.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30310 on: August 05, 2022, 12:15:19 PM »

Be best!

Why is Griner more important than other Americans detained in prisons in totalitarian nations? 

She just fucking is.  Good Lord, get it done, White House.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #30311 on: August 05, 2022, 12:15:32 PM »

Be best!

She refused to listen to our National Anthem for years.
Let her meditate a while to Tchaikovsky.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30312 on: August 05, 2022, 12:17:12 PM »

Among the takeaways for black women in the Breonna Taylor case? Choose well when it comes to boyfriends. If she had, she'd likely be alive today.

Louisville detectives? Maybe follow the Constitution and that'll keep you out of jail, dummies.

Wow.

You just blamed a woman killed by police while sleeping in her home for her own murder.

The fact she had kicked her old boyfriend to the curb means nothing, right?

Nor the fact the KY AG literally threw the case from beginning to end.

No, I just said that she made a fatal choice when she got involved with an idiot who decided to shoot at the Louisville police. Which is a fact.

If you want to argue against facts, well, then have fun.

You got the wrong boyfriend.

You got the wrong facts.

Holly Martins

« Reply #30313 on: August 05, 2022, 12:46:52 PM »

Be best!

Why is Griner more important than other Americans detained in prisons in totalitarian nations? 

She just fucking is.  Good Lord, get it done, White House.

Just emoting, and asserting something does not a convincing case make.  The point of political forums is to advance your point of view through some sort of reasoned argument.  You seem to feel the case of a young celebrity player merits more action than that of a schoolteacher, 60, with crippling arthritis and a lifetime of service who got a longer sentence for medical mj.  Given his health, and Russian prison conditions, he may die there and never be with family again.  Tell me why it's okay that Whelan and Griner are mentioned in a possible deal by the Biden admin, while Fogel is not.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #30314 on: August 05, 2022, 01:42:32 PM »

Be best!

She refused to listen to our National Anthem for years.
Let her meditate a while to Tchaikovsky.
Republican cancel culture validating the stand she took. Priceless.
Pages: 1 ... 2019 2020 [2021] 2022 2023 ... 2731