Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1566 1567 [1568] 1569 1570 ... 2742

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 506316 times)

Oiled

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #23505 on: January 27, 2022, 02:51:43 PM »

I, too, wonder about potential nominations for replacement in the face of the resignation news.

Though how a Black, female, liberal will get through is a question - as is potential performance.

Can he get the votes he needs?
http://www.cnn.com/2022/01/27/sport/ben-roethlisberger-retire-pittsburgh-steelers-spt-intl/index.html

She's have big shoes to fill, that's for sure!
I think Manchin is the only real possible issue and I doubt he would put up much of a fuss.

Har!

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23506 on: January 27, 2022, 03:22:40 PM »

The serious contenders have bench experience aplenty.  Brown for example clerked for Breyer, has sat on high profile litigation in USCoA, Harvard alum, strong choice.

yeah bol

Concise, deeply responsive, and laden with insight, sir.  I always value your nuanced thoughts in all their oracular splendor. 

A lesser being might have replied, "yeah, Bart, I concede that my comment about Biden's top choices having zero bench experience could have been somewhat deceptive, given that one is an appellate judge and another a California SCt judge, etc." But you are a being of light!

I was referring only to VP Harris when commenting on experience as a judge -bringing in the lib guest's opinion that Judge Coney Barrett was lacking at three years.  All the names I have seen look solid - though Ifill in my opinion doesnt belong in the group. 

I gave you my three top contenders.  Who are yours?  (See?  Back  and forth need not be contentious)

And "yeah bol" means I agreed with you.

"Bol" was a new word or acronym, for me.  Thanks for clarifying. It's short for best of luck?   Anyway, Jackson (who I accid called Brown yesterday), Kruger, or Childs all seem solid.  But I don't know enough about the others yet, so will table this for now.

Sorry

I spelt it rawng

https://fornoob.com/what-does-yabol-or-jabol-mean-in-german/

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23507 on: January 27, 2022, 03:32:01 PM »

I, too, wonder about potential nominations for replacement in the face of the resignation news.

Though how a Black, female, liberal will get through is a question - as is potential performance.

http://www.cnn.com/2022/01/27/sport/ben-roethlisberger-retire-pittsburgh-steelers-spt-intl/index.html

I think Manchin is the only real possible issue and I doubt he would put up much of a fuss.

Har!
Neither will republicans

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23508 on: January 27, 2022, 03:56:56 PM »

Something kept bothering me all night and then it hit me.

My old bud, Cliff Baxter, died twenty years ago today.

He was a really good guy!

Do "good guys" abandon their families and kill themselves so they don't have to answer questions before Congress as to why they sold their $30 million dollars of Enron stock just before the company went belly up?

I think you missed a tongue firmly planted in a cheek, Ham.

Nah, we were buds.

The guy I knew was a prince..

And there you go.

Stick your smugness up your ass.

Get some humility instead of trying to make it seem like you've had a Gump-like existence with anyone who's ever been in the news, you lying shut-in.

What can I say?

My life has been waaaaay more interesting than yours.

No brags, just facts.

You don't know anything about me, so you can't make that judgement. But go ahead and think what you think. Your bitterness keeps you alive, it seems.

Keep telling yourself that, pal.

Whatever gets you through the night.

Doubling down on your own idiocy doesn't change reality.

Ask your "friends" to explain that to you. Those who haven't offed themselves, yet.

Now, run along and take your meds.

You have to imagine my life sucks so you will feel better about your own shitty existence.

Your obsession is unhealthy.

Project, much?

Your life is an open book, and it's not a good read.

But you said it is all a lie.

Project, much?

No, I never said that. That would just be you lying.

It's one of your tells.

You may now GFY.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23509 on: January 27, 2022, 03:59:01 PM »

Har!
Neither will republicans

Just quoting this, in case it gets deleted later, when reality sets in.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23510 on: January 27, 2022, 04:11:20 PM »

Do "good guys" abandon their families and kill themselves so they don't have to answer questions before Congress as to why they sold their $30 million dollars of Enron stock just before the company went belly up?

Nah, we were buds.

And there you go.

Get some humility instead of trying to make it seem like you've had a Gump-like existence with anyone who's ever been in the news, you lying shut-in.

What can I say?

My life has been waaaaay more interesting than yours.

No brags, just facts.

You don't know anything about me, so you can't make that judgement. But go ahead and think what you think. Your bitterness keeps you alive, it seems.

Keep telling yourself that, pal.

Whatever gets you through the night.

Doubling down on your own idiocy doesn't change reality.

Ask your "friends" to explain that to you. Those who haven't offed themselves, yet.

Now, run along and take your meds.

You have to imagine my life sucks so you will feel better about your own shitty existence.

Your obsession is unhealthy.

Project, much?

Your life is an open book, and it's not a good read.

But you said it is all a lie.

Project, much?

No, I never said that. That would just be you lying.

It's one of your tells.

You may now GFY.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23511 on: January 27, 2022, 04:12:23 PM »

Nah, we were buds.

And there you go.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #23512 on: January 27, 2022, 04:26:41 PM »

Har!
Neither will republicans

Am trying to assess if Boz was serious or not.

Red needs to put down the crack pipe.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23513 on: January 27, 2022, 04:33:38 PM »

http://www.michaelwest.com.au/australia-hits-new-low-on-transparency-international-corruption-index/

Conservatives are uniformly the most corrupt element in their societies the world over.

Rupert Murdoch is a KGB mole tasked with bringing down the west. It has been the ceaseless mission of his media empire since its inception.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 05:38:13 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23515 on: January 27, 2022, 05:57:30 PM »

Richard Branson

1 hour

For business leaders, this is the moment to come together and stand up for Ukraines sovereignty.

In 2022, what on earth is one country doing amassing tanks at another countrys borders?

---------

My response...

Now would be a good time to produce a concert for peace in Moscow, featuring Jon Bon Jovi, and other great musicians.

And the good people of Moscow need to get out and march for peace.

We need to take the high road, and we need to appeal to the best in humanity.

We also need to build up and strengthen the French Foreign Legion.

And as a side note, I hope that you will help to save the Joshua Trees in the Antelope Valley, and I hope that you will help to preserve the beauty in the desert.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 05:59:48 PM by FlyingVProd »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23516 on: January 27, 2022, 06:20:40 PM »

Har!
Neither will republicans

Maybe you need to pay attention.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23517 on: January 27, 2022, 06:44:24 PM »

Har!
Neither will republicans

Maybe you need to pay attention.

Oh, snap!

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #23518 on: January 27, 2022, 09:05:58 PM »

For all my fans; spent the past 3 mos. at a VA hospital with a strange spinal infection(Putin poison?) From a vegetable to near normal. Health system sucks, Met the right Dr. 3rd time around.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23519 on: January 27, 2022, 09:11:42 PM »

For all my fans; spent the past 3 mos. at a VA hospital with a strange spinal infection(Putin poison?) From a vegetable to near normal. Health system sucks, Met the right Dr. 3rd time around.

Glad you are recovered. Sorry you had to go through it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 1566 1567 [1568] 1569 1570 ... 2742